Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Let The Madness Begin

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/165100

- Floyd over Lotulelei for my Raiders.

- As I first suggested, Patterson in the top ten.

- Three MLB in a row? Not going to happen.

- Menelik Watson in the first round!

- Hopkins over Allen?

- 49ers with back to back WR picks in the first round?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig this mock. Its a little crazy, but things are bound to get shook up compared to what most mocks have right now. I think FLoyd has the potential to rise that high and I like that they have Werner and Moore dropping a bit. I don't hate either player, but they aren't top 5 guys.

Watson is a wildcard, I think he could sneak his way in after the combine, interviews etc.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the Cowboys in a mock draft.

If it panned out like that I honestly wouldn't know what to do with the 18th pick.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Patterson the raw type? Still has to learn how to run routes, nuances? I thought I read that from someone on here.. Just thinking Stephen Hill

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Floyd to the Raiders in the top 3 feels like the next DT mega-bust.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't know how I feel about Alec Ogletree to the Giants. Looking at the board I guess I'd prefer Kevin Minter, but it wasn't an awful selection.

I just don't think Ogletree is a Giant type player or at the very least I cannot picture him in the uniform.

He's kind of undersized and kind of soft... that is not a good combination at all.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A+ mock as far as I'm concerned gents.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Isn't Patterson the raw type? Still has to learn how to run routes, nuances? I thought I read that from someone on here.. Just thinking Stephen Hill
Don't. There is really no comparison between the two players or their college performances in any way.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A+ mock as far as I'm concerned gents.
agreed.(10 char)
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would prefer Star or Damontre tbh. God I really hope we trade down.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Floyd to the Raiders in the top 3 feels like the next DT mega-bust.
It would be an unmitigated disaster. Thankfully it will not happen. This newbie needs to lay off the booze.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post

- Hopkins over Allen?

Hopkins is better than Allen
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen is not going to run well.

Watson could go in the first - we've seen weirder things happen.

49ers could take anything.

Why do Raiders fans, whose team is desperate need of ANY defensive talent at any position, think they don't need a guy like Floyd (or Richardson)?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Why do Raiders fans, whose team is desperate need of ANY defensive talent at any position, think they don't need a guy like Floyd (or Richardson)?
Yes, because the Raider fans here are saying they want to draft a WR instead of Sharrif Floyd.

That's just stupid. Most Raider fans here believe Floyd would fail with the Raiders and they need either an edge rusher like Moore/Jones/Mingo or a guy who will control the LOS like Star. The Raiders don't need an ultra-aggressive interior lineman, they need someone who will take up blockers. Especially as they move more to a 3-4 scheme.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yes, because the Raider fans here are saying they want to draft a WR instead of Sharrif Floyd.

That's just stupid. Most Raider fans here believe Floyd would fail with the Raiders and they need either an edge rusher like Moore/Jones/Mingo or a guy who will control the LOS like Star. The Raiders don't need an ultra-aggressive interior lineman, they need someone who will take up blockers. Especially as they move more to a 3-4 scheme.
So you're saying you play exclusively 2-gap and have no need for someone who can penetrate from the inside on passing downs?

EDIT: I'm semi-seriously asking the first question and being obviously facetious with the second.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best mock I have seen so far, every pick makes sense to me.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you're saying you play exclusively 2-gap and have no need for someone who can penetrate from the inside on passing downs?

EDIT: I'm semi-seriously asking the first question and being obviously facetious with the second.
I'm saying that's all the Raiders have right now. Kelly, Seymour, Bryant and Houston all fill that role. The Raiders have absolutely no one who can fill that 2-gap role. That's why they were so absolutely horrid against the run. Every damn DT they have wanted to get up field every play.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Demontre Moore over Dion Jordan. More proven production.
Are the Eagles switch to a 34?? I think fancy pants Chip Kelly is going o-f-f-e-n-s-e with that first pick. I hope.

That's a fun mock IMO. Maybe.
I need to see official 40 times on the skill guys. I think more corners could go first round than were mocked.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't mind Warmack to Tennessee honestly, but I just don't see this team picking a guard in the top 10. Hoping for Richardson myself, perfect fit for us in my opinion.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm saying that's all the Raiders have right now. Kelly, Seymour, Bryant and Houston all fill that role. The Raiders have absolutely no one who can fill that 2-gap role. That's why they were so absolutely horrid against the run. Every damn DT they have wanted to get up field every play.
I was under the impression that Houston would continue to play end and none of those other guys are locks to be back.

2-gap run cloggers are usually not difficult to find and are rarely top picks.

I think the main problem with your D was scheme and discipline, similar to the Bucs two years ago.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post

- Hopkins over Allen?

Meh. But isnīt it pretty standard for a lot of the draftnik pundits from the bigger sites (NFL.com, ESPN and CBS) to put out these slightly more unconventional mocks early in the proces? Makes good sense to me. Put out a couple of "weird" mocks early, and if some of those picks actually happends come april, you can point out how you made a bold prediction two months ago..
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Ours without any professional scouting, ties to the league, or experiences in war rooms with current GMs and decision makers are the weird mocks, especially with how cookie cutter the hivemind make the in Freakin February and with well over half of them done with little or no film study on many of the prospects they mock.

An ex scouts is not meh. Ours are meh.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ours without any professional scouting, ties to the league, or experiences in war rooms with current GMs and decision makers are the weird mocks, especially with how cookie cutter the hivemind make the in Freakin February and with well over half of them done with little or no film study on many of the prospects they mock.

An ex scouts is not meh. Ours are meh.
The "Meh" part of my comment wasnt directed at the mock, but more the OPs reaction to it. I have no reason to think that Jeremiah doesnīt know what he is doing as a former scout.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I just don't know how I feel about Alec Ogletree to the Giants. Looking at the board I guess I'd prefer Kevin Minter, but it wasn't an awful selection.

I just don't think Ogletree is a Giant type player or at the very least I cannot picture him in the uniform.

He's kind of undersized and kind of soft... that is not a good combination at all.
I'd take Ogletree over Minter.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Because Raiders fans know that we have been in need of a true NT than can hold his position for a long time, not an overrated Warren Sapp stand in that can be blocked on on one.