Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-01-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Let's get this straight. You're a black man, with an Asian girlfriend, living in San Francisco, and paying for a vehicle in cash?

You sound like a Ford truck man.
Wrong, asian wife.

Also both are artist. So priyus might be the choice
Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sell you my Monte Carlo for $60,000.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I'll sell you my Monte Carlo for $60,000.
I don't know if he's trying to live up to a stereotype or just trying to make the next Tiger Woods...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh yeah. Maybe I should buy a used one then. Not lease. My bad.

My aunt had a Ford Explorer from the late 90's up until a few years ago. Got over 100,000 miles out of it. Seemed good. Maybe I'll take a look at one of their models. Ford Escape is the smaller version right? That would be interesting to check out too.

As for the Audi I was talking about, Audi Oakland has a used model of the 2012 A4 I'd feel comfortable taking a look at. A decent price range in terms of what we want to spend. The used A6 is even more expensive than I thought. Still researching the differences between the two.

http://www.audiofoakland.com/used/Au...700b6bc471.htm
100,000 miles ain't much.... once you start nearing 200,000 and going over thats alot. My brother actually has 2 cars over 200,000 miles. I have a 99 Chevy Blazer which has 152,000 on it. Its been really nice to me. I expect parts to begin failing but up until now besides the obvious brake pads and rotors that wear out naturally on any car. I've only replaced a fuel pump, brake line, and a exhaust sensor(trust me when it goes bad you'll know car runs like ****). None of it cost much but then again I fixed it all myself.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized you said you were paying cash.

Cash is better than financing. If you go for a 2012 model at this time of year and in cash, low ball the **** out of them.

Pay below the invoice price, and say you will put this much down, don't come off the bat telling them you are paying cash.

The car dealers take loans from banks to buy the cars from the companies. They have to sit no their hands while you pay the financing. But if you have straight cash and can drop it right there, they'll practically blow you. My parents have bought all their cars in cash, and you get it much cheaper than listed.

For the '12 models they want to get it off their lot since it is costing them, now you come in there, do the back and forth low ball them and say you'll leave with the car right now you got cash, they'll jump for joy.

With the '13 model you won't have as much wiggle room but you still can mess with them and see where you can get. If you find 2 comparable models of '13 and '12 try and play their price against each other.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found a black 2012 Ford Escape online for about $25,900. It has about 25,000 miles on it. I was going to take a look at the dealership tomorrow. It's used of course, but it's been user-certified. The carfax report on it states no history of problems.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Subaru or Ford. I have a VW now - can't wait to get rid of it.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I found a black 2012 Ford Escape online for about $25,900. It has about 25,000 miles on it. I was going to take a look at the dealership tomorrow. It's used of course, but it's been user-certified. The carfax report on it states no history of problems.
25,000 miles is a lot on a year old car... not to mention that seems a bit high price wise.

I bought a car in November. I found a car I liked a year old that had 35,000 miles on it for $18,700. I then shopped a round and found the exact same car with 11k miles on it. They matched the price and gave me more for my trade in.

The best advice I have received in car buying is set a price that you will not go over and don't buy the first car you see.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea 25k is a **** ton of miles when the average is about 12-15k a year and 15k is pushing it towards the high side.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People just love Fords around here.. A big of yuck spare boring parts on a ford there is. Just go Toyota.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helping a friend find something really cheap (under 3K's the goal), small and fuel efficient. Any good sites to check or other tips?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

At 3k small is all there is, compact cars.

Try carsenses.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Helping a friend find something really cheap (under 3K's the goal), small and fuel efficient. Any good sites to check or other tips?
I found my car on AutoTrader..
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A '90 something Volvo.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For ~$3k, it's tough, but 90's Civics and Corollas are the best bet.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone drive a kia forte koup or hyundai elantra? i'm on the fence between leasing one or the other.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've essentially settled on selecting a used 2012 Nissan Altima. About to close the deal tomorrow. Just wanted a day to think about it. Got a pretty good deal on it and it doesn't have that many miles on it as it's pretty new.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I hope you haggled the **** out of them and are paying below invoice or whatever for used cars. Paying full cash is the best way to buy.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I do wonder though since we have the financial leverage to buy out, if it's better to finance the car for a short period of time to build up credit history. Personally I like do things wild wild west style, but that isn't how things work in the United States as credit is used for a lot of things. If we finance for 36 months for example we'll be paying an extra 600-700 at the end of it. We would improve our credit score over time though I guess. But I wonder if the improvement in credit score is basically worth the 600-700 dollars extra we'd be paying. We're leaning towards just buying the thing and not having to worry about all the loose ends.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't you recently just say you bought a house with straight cash? Why the heck would you need credit?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Do you rent or mortgage your home?

Pay credit card bills on regular basis?

pay all your other bills on time?

If yes, you are building credit, don't waste 600-700 dollars on something like that. Better way say at the end of year or something spend it on something with your credit card and pay it off when the bill comes. Paying your credit card bills in full is better to build credit than paying the minimum.

Using it regularly and staying within your limits to pay it off monthly is the best way. They know you will make payments and you don't have to worry about the money you are wasting from % charge.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Didn't you recently just say you bought a house with straight cash? Why the heck would you need credit?
Still trying to figure that out. I think we'll just buy the car.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nissan Altima's are solid. I'm bias though. I was raised on Honda's my entire life. I've never driven a more reliable car than a Honda. My mom's Civic is almost 15 years old an every time she brings it in for a check up they say it seems brand new. I think she's almost put a sold 200,000 miles on it too.

I just recently invested in a 2012 Civic and I love it. I'm not somebody who really cares for fancy cars (it doesn't sound like you do either) so I don't mind driving it at all. As long as its safe (as you said), is reliable and gets good gas mileage that's all I care about.

I disagree about used cars for the most part though. I saw used Civics with 80,000+ miles selling for a few thousand dollars less than a new Civic. To me it just makes more sense to buy new in that case. Guess it depends on the car and dealership, though.

I'll always drive Honda's. Never had an issue and to me the most important thing is gas mileage. I can't comprehend how people still drive and big SUV's. It's insane.

I think when I have a family I may end up leaning toward a Honda CRV. My girlfriend's mom drives one and they are pretty damn nice. I still prefer my Civic but when you have a family it can be a necessity so I'm not opposed. And it still gets good gas mileage.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I won't lie. If this wasn't my first car purchase and I had a lot more experience driving over a number of years + could afford to just throw away $70,000 like it was toilet paper I would like a Cadillac Escalade, newest model. Or some luxurious SUV. I like SUV's and I like having a better view of the road and sitting higher. They are more dangerous though.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love my '12 scion tc. however, it will turn a lot of people off since it's a coupe.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote