Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew. What have they done to Community???

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at people acting like this episode was somehow radically different from anything Harmon has done with the series in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
lol at people acting like this episode was somehow radically different from anything Harmon has done with the series in the past.
Yeah, haha. If people didn't know Harmon wasn't involved they would have just called it an average episode of the show, of which there have been tons.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harmon was the soul, and the episode felt like it lost the soul of the show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was obviously trying way too hard. I'm a huge fan and yes I would have known something was up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, still felt like Community to me.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was it that specifically felt forced? I don't disagree but lets start giving reasons for why this was so radically different then just saying "It has no Harmon!", or 'it felt forced". I really am just curious as to what specifically people felt were forced. The hunger games thing certainly felt like an after thought, but thats because it mostly was. It was advertised as the big thing for episode one, when in reality it was more of everyone dealing with starting their last year of being together as a group.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For instance, Pierce's whole, "there's a joke here I know it" was completely a rip off of the "don't eat the crab dip!" part with Troy from earlier in the series, except there wasn't even a joke at the end.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What was it that specifically felt forced? I don't disagree but lets start giving reasons for why this was so radically different then just saying "It has no Harmon!", or 'it felt forced". I really am just curious as to what specifically people felt were forced. The hunger games thing certainly felt like an after thought, but thats because it mostly was. It was advertised as the big thing for episode one, when in reality it was more of everyone dealing with starting their last year of being together as a group.
I really liked how small of a role the Hunger Deans played in the show. Thought it was excellently handled. The pierce stuff was weak, and I didn't love Troy and Britta at the fountain, but all in all I thought it was a fine episode to start the season and am still excited to see what happens.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I didn't care for Troy and Britta...i feel things are going to be 'normal' between them rather than weird and awkward, like it should be ahah.

Pierce's 'there's a joke here I know it" compares exactly how to the crap dip?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Troy and Britta certainly feels far more forced than anything else this past episode, and that started when Harmon was on board. But agreed, that just doesn't feel right.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
It is trying to reduce Harmon's community to a formula. Be meta ontop of meta, cultural homage, do animations seems to be what they think. Its watchable to me, but im not impressed.
You just described basically every unspectacular episode of Community ever.

I think people saw what they expected to see. IMO this was exactly every other Community episode that wasn't amazing. It was ok. A few laughs, but mostly just alright. A needless last-minute Chang inclusion, vintage Community. I still hate Chang. A faux Jeffspeech that is both heart-felt and at the same time makes fun of how lame Jeffspeeches are, vintage Community. I think most people that are disappointed would've needed a Paintball or Blanket/Pillow Fort level episode to be satisfied and there weren't that many of those even when Harmon was there.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You just described basically every unspectacular episode of Community ever.

I think people saw what they expected to see. IMO this was exactly every other Community episode that wasn't amazing. It was ok. A few laughs, but mostly just alright. A needless last-minute Chang inclusion, vintage Community. I still hate Chang. A faux Jeffspeech that is both heart-felt and at the same time makes fun of how lame Jeffspeeches are, vintage Community. I think most people that are disappointed would've needed a Paintball or Blanket/Pillow Fort level episode to be satisfied and there weren't that many of those even when Harmon was there.
What this guy said.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Another episode where I didn't really laugh that much, but I still thought it was a fine episode. It certainly wasn't bad. But if this is how the whole season is going to go, it would be very disappointing.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm fine with it for now, I liked last weeks episode, but this was a step up. So far so good, but they need to keep settling in and then go for greatness.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Its needs more laughs. I really have no issue with what they did these last two episodes, it was certainly community. Neither have just been quite as funny.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy and Britta don't annoy me as a couple, but it looks so wrong, I can't explain it seems forced or out of character.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Troy and Britta don't annoy me as a couple, but it looks so wrong, I can't explain it seems forced or out of character.
I thought it came a little out of nowhere this week. They've been building towards it for a while, but I agree...Something just doesn't add up there.

The first two episodes have been exactly as has been said in here...solid but unspectacular. Anytime I catch a S1/2 episode of Community on TV or for kicks, I long for those days. It really was one of the best sitcoms ever during the first two seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight seemed like classic Community to me. My favorite of the season so far.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Yep, this was what I wanted to see to have faith in new Community, and they delivered.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But guys, they ruined this show1111!1!!!! They took away the SOUL11!!11!!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think its weird having annie fall back in love with Jeff after last season she sort of realized she was romanticizing the idea of her and Jeff, and not really wanting to be with Jeff.

Also Troy and Britta is so out of character for both of them. Troy was always constantly calling out Britta for being the Britta of the group, so seeing the together now is strange.

They need to get more episodes with the whole group back together. Also, go back to having episodes involve the actual community college with ridiculous classes and assignments without having the Dean barge in or Chang "chang"ing it up.

Those are really my only complaints, and the latter bunch all started with Harmon anyway so I don't put it on the new writers.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Troy and Britta have always had that connection since the dance episode.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must be going crazy because I really want to still like the show but it was not funny last night. I laughed maybe twice. I have no idea what you guys were watching. The first scene off the bat with Britta sneaking through outside was not Community at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'll have to re-watch it, but I really enjoyed it, still wasn't pillowfort-great or anything, but was really good again.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: