Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-10-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Joe Philbin will want nothing to do with someone like Harvin.
That's a shame then. Thought it would be a good fit and compensation. Harvin getting to go back to Florida and also the Dolphins could use an explosive wide out.

If we do end up trading Harvin I do hope we get at least 2 and a 3 but ultimately hoping for a 1.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Al Davis was still alive we could get a 1st pick out of Oakland. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
If Al Davis was still alive we could get a 1st pick out of Oakland. lol
I'd be hesitant to trade with Oakland again when it comes to a 1st round pick and a WR.... It didn't work out so well last time.

Other than NE and MIA, I can't think of any other suitors for Percy.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Just got an update from ESPN that the Vikings have reward Leslie Frazier a multi-year contract extension.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Vikings made some subtle changes to the Norseman logo. Old one is on the left.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

real subtle change. But it looks better and a little bit less "flat" if you know what i mean. The fact that they matched the horn on the norseman to the one on their helmets pretty much gives it away that if there is a huge uniform overhaul the horns will not be going away.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked our logo and the changes are almost not noticeable, so I like it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I've always liked our logo and the changes are almost not noticeable, so I like it.
Yeah I agree. They just cleaned it up a little bit. It reminded of when the Detroit Lions updated their logo to make it stand out more.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we just need to change our jerseys back :-(
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a co-GM for this forum mock if anyone wants to help. Takers?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I wouldn't mind a co-GM for this forum mock if anyone wants to help. Takers?
I'd be willing to join as a co. I had planned on joining the next forum mock, but I missed the sign-up for this one.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would everyone like to see us target in FA? Obviously we have some cap space to make a couple signings, with the need for a WR clearly #1 on the list. Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings are the biggest names available, would anyone like to see us target one of them at the right price? I am personally not a huge fan of Wallace but the idea of a team having to bring a safety up in the box to help stop AP makes me somewhat intrigued of what he could do with us.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love if we took a run at signing Andy Levitre. I do like Wallace but I think I would prefer Greg Jennings on this team. Dannell Ellerbe would be real nice. Aqib Talib or Sean Smith I think would really help our secondary. Finally, I think we need a great S to play next to Smith so I would love if we got Dashon Goldson or William Moore.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I never saw a picture of Ponders arm bruise that kept him out of the wild card game. Yuck....
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I never saw a picture of Ponders arm bruise that kept him out of the wild card game. Yuck....
Can't expect a guy to throw the ball with an arm like that.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I would love if we took a run at signing Andy Levitre. I do like Wallace but I think I would prefer Greg Jennings on this team. Dannell Ellerbe would be real nice. Aqib Talib or Sean Smith I think would really help our secondary. Finally, I think we need a great S to play next to Smith so I would love if we got Dashon Goldson or William Moore.
I would agree with Andy Levitre. I would love to put him next to Kalil and have a very good left side of the O-line we had with Hutch and McKinnie.

I'm also on the same page with Jennings over Wallace. He will come cheaper than wallace and he would also bring us a veteran presence to a very young offense. He can help teach the younger Wide outs and he would compliment Harvin and also a 1st round Pick WR.

I have always wanted Sean Smith on the Vikings and its mainly because of his height. He is around 6'2 and we need tall corners like a Chris Cook to go up against a Megatron and Brandon Marshall.

A sleeper I would be excited to see is Danny Amendola, He is a hard worker and all he does is go out and does his job and would be a very reliable receiver for Ponder.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
A sleeper I would be excited to see is Danny Amendola, He is a hard worker and all he does is go out and does his job and would be a very reliable receiver for Ponder.
I like Amendola, but I doubt he signs for less than Hartline's 6 million a year. With his durability issues, I don't know he's worth that.

For a sleeper, I'd like us to look at David Nelson. He's a big target with nice hands, young enough that he's still developing, and shouldn't cost too much coming off an ACL tear early in 2012.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I like Amendola, but I doubt he signs for less than Hartline's 6 million a year. With his durability issues, I don't know he's worth that.

For a sleeper, I'd like us to look at David Nelson. He's a big target with nice hands, young enough that he's still developing, and shouldn't cost too much coming off an ACL tear early in 2012.
I've seen David Nelson play in Buffalo and I'm not that impressed with him to be honest. I think he is a 4th Receiver at best. Amendola wont get near 6 million especially with the durability issues.

Also just saw this on PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ast-offseason/

If that's the case and it is true ... I say trade him now. I love Percy Harvin and what he can bring to a team but he is a head case. If we aren't willing to pay him Top WR money, then we need to move him while we can. Might be a draft day deal.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I've seen David Nelson play in Buffalo and I'm not that impressed with him to be honest. I think he is a 4th Receiver at best. Amendola wont get near 6 million especially with the durability issues.

Also just saw this on PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ast-offseason/

If that's the case and it is true ... I say trade him now. I love Percy Harvin and what he can bring to a team but he is a head case. If we aren't willing to pay him Top WR money, then we need to move him while we can. Might be a draft day deal.
According to the Star Tribune, Percy Harvin has officially requested to be traded. Other than New England... who are the possible suitors for him?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-minnesota/

Well, it seems like a done deal these days.

I am hoping that San Fran comes after Percy. I would be thrilled to get their 2 second round picks for Percy.....

I love Percy as a player, but he's such a malcontent that I am ready to say good riddance to him.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-minnesota/

Well, it seems like a done deal these days.

I am hoping that San Fran comes after Percy. I would be thrilled to get their 2 second round picks for Percy.....

I love Percy as a player, but he's such a malcontent that I am ready to say good riddance to him.
Yeah I agree. He is an amazing player but if You can't get along with Leslie Frazier then there is something wrong with you. I know he wants Megatron money but I doubt anyone gives him that because of he is so brittle.

If this was Madden I'd figure out a way to trade him for Revis.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

The Vikings are going to be hard pressed to get a return on Harvin if his contract demands remain this absurd. No one is giving him $15m/year and they certainly won't part with high picks for the right to do so.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I understand Sid Hartman tends to be full of **** so I will take this report with a grain of salt. If it is true though I am not sure the Vikings will be able to trade him. I don't think they will or should settle for any less than a high second round pick. If he refuses to play then the year won't count and he will still have to play next year. If he plays like **** he ruins his chances of getting a big contract, If he plays well he is a RFA next year so the Vikings will get a first rounder in return if someone signs him.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sid Hartman is a senile jackass.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Schefter's reporting that the Vikings are chatting with Seattle about dealing Harvin. No word yet on what the return compensation would be.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote