Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
This isnt the Vikes wanting to trade him, this is Percy demanding to be traded. If you cant get along with Leslie Frazier, who can you get a long with?
Bill Belichick.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highly doubt anyone gives a first for Percy.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
This'll kill Ponder.

Ok, well, not kill him, but he's certainly not gonna enjoy it!
Its not as if Ponder was useful to begin with. I'd say there's a pretty good chance Devin and Jerome are both gone too being UFAs. MN is gonna be running with Wright and Childs, clearly hoping for the 2014 1.1 and a new QB
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a difficult player to pin down in terms of trade value. He has had medical issues, has been a locker room distraction currently, and he will be getting a big contract unless you are doing a 1 year rental (not sure he wouldn't hold out.) On the positive side though, he is only 25 (at the start of the season) and is a dynamic playmaker. I'd do a late 1st if I was confident in a long term deal and my coach could handle him. His play at the beginning of the season was almost at an mvp type level.

The Patriots make a ton of sense. The won't pay Welker, and Harvin would be a suitable replacement. He isn't exactly the same as Welker, but would serve a similar role and bring more explosive plays. The Patriots just aren't that dynamic at WR and Harvin would be a nice complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
rice was pure **** for the vikings before favre....he was like the 4th WR and on the roster bubble until favre fell in love with him. before that he was good for running down the sideline for a TD 2-3 times a year. Favre absoultely gave him a ridiculous boost in confidence in the pro game and turned him into a player.
He was a 20 year old WR coming into the league and because he didn't have 1000 yards in his first 2 years he was pure ****? You might want to reevaluate how you grade young WR's coming into the league, there is this thing called progression that typically happens. AJ Greens' and Julio Jones' are the norm.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't think twice about giving up 17 for him. Nice to get a talent like that with Wallace leaving.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he still played bad, and when they make that progression some take the next step (rice) and some fade into nothing (sweed). I watched him a lot and i was high on him coming out of that draft despite him being a WR from a system with little success translating to the pros, but it definitely didnt make it easier for him because he was a slow developer and i do think favre deserves some credit for that cause he loved him the day he got to minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams should trade 22 for him. They should go for Bowe or Wallace in free agency first though. Maybe I can finally stop hearing Bradford doesn't have a WR.

He only has one year left on his deal, finished the year on IR, and I know he fixed his migraine problem but I'd still label him as injury prone. I'd give up a 2nd rounder. Giving up a 1st plus a mega deal is just too much for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
LOL, early 90's? I guess you took the "no history" pretty literally. I guess the Vikings have a history of drafting quality QB's in the 3rd round due to the 1961 NFL draft and their selection of Fran Tarkenton.
Oh so because the Cris Carter thing happened twenty years ago it means it never happened.

By that logic San Francisco finally drafted their first impact wide receiver in Michael Crabtree and have zero history of it happening otherwise.

The question was when was the last time the Vikings signed an impact wide receiver. It was Cris Carter. I answered it. Because it was 20 years ago is irrelevant because the question was asking the actual time frame. It's the truth. Deal with it.

Also this doesn't equate to the Vikings having a history of signing quality receivers via free agency. This was never the point of the answer to the question that was posed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-11-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh so because the Cris Carter thing happened twenty years ago it means it never happened.

By that logic San Francisco finally drafted their first impact wide receiver in Michael Crabtree and have zero history of it happening otherwise.
I think if someone states that a team has a history of making certain personnel decisions they aren't referring to the Reagan Administration...lol.and yes I know Reagan was out of office by 92. Anything longer than 7-10 years really doesn't matter, it's unlikely any staff member has stuck around that long so obviously the decision makers are different.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I think if someone states that a team has a history of making certain personnel decisions they aren't referring to the Reagan Administration...lol.and yes I know Reagan was out of office by 92. Anything longer than 7-10 years really doesn't matter, it's unlikely any staff member has stuck around that long so obviously the decision makers are different.
I was merely answering the question, which was when the last time the Vikings signed an impact receiver (I assume via free agency). I said Cris Carter. It's fact. It happened. Regardless of how long ago it happened. I just answered the said question which was asking when it happened.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-11-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Rams should trade 22 for him. They should go for Bowe or Wallace in free agency first though. Maybe I can finally stop hearing Bradford doesn't have a WR.

He only has one year left on his deal, finished the year on IR, and I know he fixed his migraine problem but I'd still label him as injury prone. I'd give up a 2nd rounder. Giving up a 1st plus a mega deal is just too much for me.
Also, NFL teams overvalue draft picks. On paper, it makes sense to trade your first round pick for a proven player, but that's rarely what happens in reality. I'd be pretty shocked if anybody traded a 1st for him.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Highly doubt anyone gives a first for Percy.
Can't tell if serious..... this guy was getting consideration for league MVP thru the first 2 months this season.
He's phenomenal.
Of course there's baggage but that often comes with that Diva position for some reason.

Send him to Green Bay for Jennings.
I kid.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
he still played bad, and when they make that progression some take the next step (rice) and some fade into nothing (sweed). I watched him a lot and i was high on him coming out of that draft despite him being a WR from a system with little success translating to the pros, but it definitely didnt make it easier for him because he was a slow developer and i do think favre deserves some credit for that cause he loved him the day he got to minnesota
Dude, if your a 20 year old rookie and break out your 3rd year in the league that doens't make you a "slow developer", not sure why that's so hard to understand. That's the norm, coming in and making numerous pro bowls like AJ Green. Of course Favre deserves some credit, but this reminds me of the whole Roddy White/Mike Vick argument when people go "well as soon as Vick left Roddy became a better WR". No, it just took him 3 years to develop into a good WR and truly blossom like most guys.

There is nothing slow about a guys development to break out in his 3rd year at 22 years old, if that's what you think they you might want to do some research on the plight of most WR's.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's an incredible talent and arguably the best slot WR in the game. My problem with him is his obvious character issues but more importantly he's always banged up. I just don't trust throwing big money at him.

I'd stay away. But that's just me. NE seems like the perfect fit for him though.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams also makes sense. They need a WR desperately, Bradford loves the slot, Amendola is a FA and is constantly injured and can't be relied upon, and Fisher could care less about character concerns.

They also have a surplus of draft picks. I can see the Rams being players in this as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are a really interesting team. With Givens and Quick from last year, the Titus Young pickup, if they could get Harvin and still have 2 firsts they could really be set up. Put at least one of those into their o line and Bradford really has no excuse not to be good

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's assuming Quick develops into something. He hasn't proven a thing yet.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's an incredible talent and arguably the best slot WR in the game. My problem with him is his obvious character issues but more importantly he's always banged up. I just don't trust throwing big money at him.

I'd stay away. But that's just me. NE seems like the perfect fit for him though.
This just isn't true and I'm not sure why people always think this is the case.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had the migraine issue the one year but besides that he's been relatively healthy his entire career. Last year was his first "real" injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he's always banged up. That's a fact. But the first time it's cost him games was this year. Prior to that he was still constantly banged up.

Anybody remember what his issues were at Florida? I really can't remember but I know he had some and he fell to the 20s because of them.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I stand corrected. I just checked his games played, and he's pretty much played the entire season his whole career other than this year.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well he's always banged up. That's a fact. But the first time it's cost him games was this year. Prior to that he was still constantly banged up.

Anybody remember what his issues were at Florida? I really can't remember but I know he had some and he fell to the 20s because of them.
He smoked weed. Never been busted for it in the NFL so it was really a non issue.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read an article about him throwing his S&C coach down by his neck and refusing to run stairs after a suspension.

Does the NFL even test for weed? There has to be 50% of the league smoking weed - do they just know when to smoke it? If that's the case, why wouldn't they be doing the same for PEDs? Just a thought that popped up in my head.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So what? It's the NFL. Now we are going to hold it against guys who are banged up? Especially when you consider the production he had in each of his first 3 seasons in the league in receiving, rushing, and returning. It be different if his "banged up" meant he wasn't producing, or hardly playing effective(see: Hakeem Nicks), but that isn't the case. Just for a comparison, Harvin has been more productive in every single one of his seasons in the league then Nicks was this past season, so I hardly find it relevant to bring up how he's constantly banged up or hurt.

Quote: