Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not a fan of Jones bc he's a 3rd contract player. Unless those guys are dirt cheap, I'm typically not interested.

If he was worth value he'd stay in Seattle. I rather have Pot Roast honestly, and have 2 jumbo guys inside to stop the run.
I get that, which is why I wouldn't give him a big contract, but I think he's a guy that needs a change of scenery and some better luck with his health to get back to where he was. If we get him with a reasonable deal I'd be excited to see what happens.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I get that, which is why I wouldn't give him a big contract, but I think he's a guy that needs a change of scenery and some better luck with his health to get back to where he was. If we get him with a reasonable deal I'd be excited to see what happens.
We don't have good luck with injuries though. Do we really want an injury prone player? I don't think coming here would magically heal him. If anything he'd get worse.

I've long been critical of our S&C coach. Our TC injuries are atypical and he constantly gets a pass.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've had a ton of injuries before Coughlin also and that was a different S&C coach. It has nothing to do with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'm with you Forenci. Beatty was one of the few bright spots on our team last year. One of the few guys who performed better in 2012 than 2011. I think we should offer him a new contract. We have enough overrated bums worthy of cutting(looking at you Tuck and Diehl) to let one of the few good,young players leave.

We need to be smart about where we spend our money this offseason. And Beatty is a good investment provided he doesn't demand to be payed like a top left tackle. I suspect we can get him a bit cheaper this year than we normally would, because of the strong FA Tackle class.
This is good to hear Beatty at least looked solid. I wanted him pretty bad that year as a developmental LT, I knew he needed to add some strength and punch to his frame, but I thought the technique was there. If he keeps the starting gig I'll be keeping an eye on him this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the point remains, we dont do good with injuries. I just hate grabbing injury prone guys.

Randy Starks and Richard Seymour are 2 guys that I would be interested in for the right price.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is good to hear Beatty at least looked solid. I wanted him pretty bad that year as a developmental LT, I knew he needed to add some strength and punch to his frame, but I thought the technique was there. If he keeps the starting gig I'll be keeping an eye on him this year.
Beatty has been a good pass protector. He offers zilch in the run game but he was solid in pass pro.

He's not what I consider a franchise LT, but considering those type of guys cost a fortune, I like what Beatty brings to the table in the sense that he protects your qb for the most part (he's good, not great) and won't cost an arm and a leg to keep around (I hope).
Old 02-11-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wonder how much Seymour would cost. He still has some left in the tank. Imagine if we can squeeze out another 2 years out of Seymour, and draft Ansah?

You'd have JPP/Seymour/Joseph/Ansah

That would be sex. Lots of sex. That's if Seymour was affordable and still has some juice left in the tank. I didn't really see him slow down lately though, he was still very good in Oakland.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder how much Seymour would cost. He still has some left in the tank. Imagine if we can squeeze out another 2 years out of Seymour, and draft Ansah?

That would be sex. Lots of sex. That's if Seymour was affordable and still has some juice left in the tank. I didn't really see him slow down lately though, he was still very good in Oakland.
I am not sure how much he has in the tank. We have Rodgers so let's see what he can do with a year off. I am not sure about Ansah, but if he is BPA fine by me. I just think teams have adjusted to the way we play. Also, what happens with Tuck and Kiwi then?

As for Cruz, he has no leverage but what can he do in the meantime? Hold out? If we know for a fact he is not in our long term future, do we add more JJ in and see what he can do. In a slow effort phase Cruz out. Sure, we'd still throw to him, but perhaps go 4 Wide, and have Cruz and JJ in the slot, and see how JJ does now. We need to see if he has the mental part of being a WR, or why waste a roster spot? We should have taken this stance with Beckum, and Barden.

Maybe the dolphins will release Douglas and we can bring him back.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T2 signed a new contract for 2013 season. So he comes back. Not sure how I feel about this. Does Hixon get re-signed as well? I don't want to collect hurt players. Same with Rodgers and his blot clot issue. Is that a one time deal? What's the risk of it happening again? Still skeptical of all these guys coming back strong.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas is a no risk deal at this point. Anything he gives us would be a bonus. It's not like the team is going to avoid bringing in depth and talent because Thomas is back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yes but he takes a roster spot from someone younger, cheaper, and healthier.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Desmond Bryant (raiders) as a free agent DT?

He did pretty well stepping in for Seymour.

As for MLB what about Brad Jones (packers). He is very raw but he is an effective three down player.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Thomas is a no risk deal at this point. Anything he gives us would be a bonus. It's not like the team is going to avoid bringing in depth and talent because Thomas is back.
There was the small matter of a $6m option bonus due shortly and I think his scheduled cap number is so where around $3.5m

Seems to me to be quite a bit of financial investment that is better spent on other, healthier players.

I haven't seen the numbers or heard about his deal but it sounds reasonable.

Considering Reese has already mentioned Thomas may need to move to safety, does this have implications for Phillips?

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yes but he takes a roster spot from someone younger, cheaper, and healthier.
He may not even make the team. He's not guaranteed a roster spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
There was the small matter of a $6m option bonus due shortly and I think his scheduled cap number is so where around $3.5m

Seems to me to be quite a bit of financial investment that is better spent on other, healthier players.

I haven't seen the numbers or heard about his deal but it sounds reasonable.

Considering Reese has already mentioned Thomas may need to move to safety, does this have implications for Phillips?
There was a bonus due but the Giants terminated that contract quietly as the media never reported that. The 1 year deal he signed today is a new contract and I'm sure the cap hit is minimal no matter what. I don't think this reflects on what they do with Phillips at all. It's just an added bonus if it looks like he can still play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well the point remains, we dont do good with injuries. I just hate grabbing injury prone guys.

Randy Starks and Richard Seymour are 2 guys that I would be interested in for the right price.
Jones was healthy for the Tits, I think he may have just been unlucky with a couple fluke injuries in Seattle. If they came cheap I would be for Starks and Seymour to. Just a question of who we can get for a reasonable price. Kinda like the FA OL pool, if we can snag someone for a good rate, that'd be awesome, if not, there's still the draft.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I wouldn't mind Richard Seymour and/or Casey Hampton if we can get them at reasonable prices. They can contribute and would be good mentors for our young dts
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Casey Hampton's totally superfluous as Rogers already fills the role of huge, fat, useless and washed up DT that gets hurt in camp.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He may not even make the team. He's not guaranteed a roster spot.
Then that's fine. The odds are stacked against him coming back from a 3rd ACL in his football career spanning USC to Pros. Now he may have to play safety, and be better than the guys who played the position since college.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seymour could be an interesting case of a guy getting rejuvenated on a winning team and doing well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I would still prefer Desmond Bryant at DT, he may be able to play LDE as well

He is 6-6, 311

He is pretty durable (playing in 63 out of 64 games). In the last two years he has started 18 games and has 9 sacks. Being on the Raiders' Dline you know he hasn't had much help.

I think he could be the type of guy who would be an asset on the team and shouldn't break the bank.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if we tanked next year and got Clowney it would all totally be worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Clowney is supposed to be a head case I read. I am not sure if that's true and he has issues but that would worry me. Also, it would be a waste of Eli's prime playing those games of tanking. I still want to learn more about Clowney.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The only way we could tank that high, is if Eli got hurt, so if that happens I'm not against it.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I don't want us to tank no matter what the situation

why do we need Clowney? lets just take the best player on our draft board as always