Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He could have been so much more though. If he just worked on a hook shot he'd be arguably the best Center in the league (with Dwight hurt).

When I see Ty, I see a great player who is very good at what he does, but I also see a guy who could have been so much better than he is if he just worked on his game in the offseason.
Personally, I don't think he will be able to get effective enough in the post at this point in his career for it to be worth wasting possessions. I'd much rather have him crash like a bat out of hell on the pick and roll and get us easy dunks or open threes. In addition to the above, you're making the massive assumption that he could even develop this post game. God bless him, but he may just not be that good at it. Ty isn't lazy, if he and the coaches realized he had that potential, he'd be busting his ass to get better. Hell, he may have tried already.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else kinda excited to see Bolt in the celebrity game?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Warriors's new jersey:

another look:

Too bad the nets are in Brooklyn now or else I could say "when is New Jersey going to get new jerseys?"

Last edited by soybean : 02-11-2013 at 03:23 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks pretty ugly

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sleeves are for soccer jerseys. It looks ugly.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe just me and maybe it's from being so used to the sleeveless jerseys, but I think they look pretty awful. I know in their press release it said they were trying to appeal more to fans and their ability to wear the jersey in more settings, from a fashion standpoint, but I just don't see it.

I could see if all teams were doing this, but if only 1 or a handful do, I bet it will struggle to catch on. Especially if they keep giving them to teams like GSW who don't have a marketable superstar.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nikola Vucevic's development

November - 9.5 PPG, 7.9 RPG
December - 12.1 PPG, 12.8 RPG
January - 14.4 PPG, 12.9 RPG
February - 16.7 PPG, 14.3 RPG

Orlando - The birthing place of All-Star Centers.... until they whine their way out.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Orlando - The birthing place of All-Star Centers.... until they whine their way out.
Should I preorder my Vucevic Lakers jersey now? We somehow end up with y'alls disgruntled all-star centers.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those jerseys would be alright if they didn't have sleeves....like what the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are like a weird combination of a soccer jersey and a rugby jersey
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see it in person before I judge. I'm pretty open to change for the most part. Keep things fresh.

I've seen some hideous NBA jerseys. I'll give it a shot before I kill it.

And I don't see what the big deal is with sleeves. Some players wear sleeves under their jerseys anyway.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've been a Vucevic fan since he was a 76er. I was pissed we let him go in the trade. I thought we was our next great big.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I've been a Vucevic fan since he was a 76er. I was pissed we let him go in the trade. I thought we was our next great big.
Lot of people thought the Magic got hosed in the trade, but I was optimistic about it. Honestly, I thought Afflalo and Harkless would be the best players gotten from the deal, but Vucevic is looking like a gem. Harkless is gonna need time, but you can tell the potential is there. Defensively, he's already excellent, but his offense is completely unreliable.

Magic need to figure out how to trade Redick before the deadline. If they don't trade him then I'll be disappointed.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Only Dwight can tell Nash that he doesn't know how to pass. lol

Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Dwight needs to get rid of the head band its cutting of the circulation to his brain. He seems to be getting dumber ever since he became a Laker.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh cool, we're gonna lose to the Bobcats.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean...a road back to back after an emotional 3OT game with an old team. That was a trap game if one ever existed.

Also Barbosa going down sucks, as we need the depth and he has been playing pretty well. Hopefully its nothing major, but it looked pretty bad.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bulls are getting housed by the Spurs.

GOOD.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celts lost to the Byron Mullens.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Lot of people thought the Magic got hosed in the trade, but I was optimistic about it. Honestly, I thought Afflalo and Harkless would be the best players gotten from the deal, but Vucevic is looking like a gem. Harkless is gonna need time, but you can tell the potential is there. Defensively, he's already excellent, but his offense is completely unreliable.

Magic need to figure out how to trade Redick before the deadline. If they don't trade him then I'll be disappointed.
To me the group of Jrue, Evan, Harkless, and Vucevic (and to an extent LaVoy Allen) was a good solid group to build a future around.

Don't forget you guys strapped us with JRichs salary too.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
To me the group of Jrue, Evan, Harkless, and Vucevic (and to an extent LaVoy Allen) was a good solid group to build a future around.

Don't forget you guys strapped us with JRichs salary too.
There's still a way for you guys to come away from the deal with a big win.

But that's to re-sign Bynum and hope he stays healthy. He'll probably still be able to get the max. Are you guys planning on giving it to him? It is still a big risk, but you almost have to do it.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
There's still a way for you guys to come away from the deal with a big win.

But that's to re-sign Bynum and hope he stays healthy. He'll probably still be able to get the max. Are you guys planning on giving it to him? It is still a big risk, but you almost have to do it.
Personally, I would rather him walk. I don't want to spend major money (he will get a max deal somewhere for a fact) and cringe every time he falls down or is hobbling.

Personally, I hope we don't resign Nick Young, Bynum, and Dorell Wright. That right there is 27 million.

If I could use that on anyone, I would personally go after Nate Robinson, Chase Budinger, Samuel Dalembert.... And Josh Smith. All of these players play the type of game that fit our best player (Jrue) and would cost less than the three other players combined.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how that would cost less when Josh Smith wants a max deal same as Bynum.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Not sure how that would cost less when Josh Smith wants a max deal same as Bynum.
Because the other 3 players wont make as much as Dorell and Nick. Also, if we maxed Andrew he would make about 2 mil more because the bird rights and all.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because the other 3 players wont make as much as Dorell and Nick. Also, if we maxed Andrew he would make about 2 mil more because the bird rights and all.
Dalembert is at the end of a contract where he making just under 7 million. Which is more the both Young and Wright. He is probably going to get overpaid again simply cause he is a big guy. Especially if he shows he can keep playing as well as he is playing atm.

So if you added Dalembert and Smith instead of Bynum you really wouldn't be saving that much money.