Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm not really a believer in that approach. Bill Parcells once said "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries. Okay?" I think you need to let creative people do their thing. As long as it translates to winning. It's kind of like a movie studio meddling in the affairs of a director that has a specific vision for the project and is vetoed halfway down the line. If you know what your role is going in that's different of course. At the end of the day the head coach is the head coach and all facets of his team need to be working and helping the team win. If they aren't he is going to get fired.
Huh? You lost me somewhere in there. Point blank, Alex wants to go some place where he can, A)start and B)have competent offensive coaching so he can, C) be productive. Long term team goals aren't a priority at the moment because he must first prove he can succeed with someone other than Jimbaugh. Once he does that, then he can worry about choosing a organization heading in the right direction and all that. He's currently on a 3 year deal so if he's traded, the team he ends up with might not necessarily be his last team. So right now, he has to go somewhere where he can shine. Places like KC and Clevealnd probably make more sense at this point, because of the offensive coaching that's been assembled there. I'm not so sure about teams like the Jets or the Cards.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
A good cook can cook dinner without doing his own groceries. Its just a two way thing. Its just a two way tie. A good coach can make players players better even if they don't perfectly fit there scheme. On the other hand he would be better when they fit his scheme perfect but like the chiefs had some awefull coaching and in my eyes sure ain't the worst roster in the league.
But when you force creative people to go way out of their comfort zone in what they're trying to build, then it would be a surprise if it fails. You hire someone to get you wins. I just believe there should be a good amount of leeway in letting them do the job they were hired to do.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple reports note that Vikes WR Percy Harvin may be on the block, heading into the last year of his rookie deal. He's dealt with migraines and some other injuries but is a dynamic WR play-maker and return man, which could fill two holes the Niners arguably have heading into the offseason. If I had to pick a WR to sign as a FA, it would be Bowe, but I like Harvin as a 1-A option as it would provide the team with another WR that still has his best years ahead of him and a great returner to replace Ginn, who I believe is almost useless on offense as a WR. He's easily worth a 3rd or 2nd round pick so long as they can sign him to an extension as part of the trade for less than Mike Wallace desired money.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Multiple reports note that Vikes WR Percy Harvin may be on the block, heading into the last year of his rookie deal. He's dealt with migraines and some other injuries but is a dynamic WR play-maker and return man, which could fill two holes the Niners arguably have heading into the offseason. If I had to pick a WR to sign as a FA, it would be Bowe, but I like Harvin as a 1-A option as it would provide the team with another WR that still has his best years ahead of him and a great returner to replace Ginn, who I believe is almost useless on offense as a WR. He's easily worth a 3rd or 2nd round pick so long as they can sign him to an extension as part of the trade for less than Mike Wallace desired money.
I personally have no interest in Harvin and in general, I hate it when starters (on offense or defense) are used as kick and/or punt returners because if that player gets injured, you're basically losing a player at two or three positions as opposed to just one.

Obviously, I want Wallace with Bowe second but dont see either happening. Team hasnt made a top tier signing since Justin Smith. Personally, with Kaepernick as our starting QB, now is the perfect time to add a playmaker at WR in Wallace (or Bowe). Team doesnt need to go nuts in FA, just Wallace (or Bowe) and thats it. With all the draft picks the team has, they'll be fine and better than majority of teams in the NFL if not all of them.

Wallace and Bowe want at least $10m a year but wanting and getting are two very different things. Harvin is going to want close to that plus having to give up a draft pick is not something I would do.

Reasons why I want Wallace are the same as last year. Only difference is that his age and Kap's age matches up near perfection to where these two guys (and Crabtree/Davis) would be together for a long time. I care about continuity and consistency. Cant have either if you're going to keep replacing starters.

Also, should re-sign Walker because he was Kap's third favorite target and was a bigger weapon as opposed to when Smith was the starter. As for cap room, if they release (or trade) Smith, Manningham, Goodwin, Haralson, Rogers and Akers, they would have almost $30m in cap room. Add in the carry over from last season plus players who'll be UFA's like Moss, Ginn, etc. and they'll EASILY have plenty of cap room to sign Wallace (or Bowe) and still have plenty left over to re-sign/franchise Goldson, Walker and Jean Francois. Brock is a RFA and would be cheap as would backups Gooden and Grant. Majority of the team would stay intact with a dynamic playmaker at WR in Wallace plus at least ten young draft picks which quite honestly, would be backups, depth and role players/special teamers.

Seriously, we can sign at least one top tier FA and still be good for years to come. As for other players like Crabtree, Iupati and Anthony Davis, they're not UFA's until 2015 which means the team can wait until next off-season to extend them all. Quite simply, the team has the money. Its just a question of if they're willing to spend it.

And I dont know about anyone else but instead of spending $6.5m on Manningham and re-signing Moss, I would prefer to double it and get Wallace or Bowe but as always, thats just me.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I've made my feelings on Harvin well known in this thread before. I think he's the most dangerous offensive skill player in the league. Period.

That being said, he's a malcontent if there ever was one. If you cant get along with Leslie Frazier, I think you have some serious issues. I have my reservations about how committed to team goals he actually is. As much as I would love to have him his talents in this offense, I would have to pass. Plus, he's already stated he wants a big payday from his new team. Not sure he would fit into our budget at this point.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin was destroying the league for the first half the season and was controversially put on IR when he may have not needed to be. He does have some 'tude issues but are they resulting from his current situation and QB or is he just the next a**hole WR to come along who wants to be overpaid. I could see $5-7M a year for him as a piece that would make this Niners offense downright scary.

Wallace is a great deep threat but a bit of a one trick pony and definitely not worth the $10M a year some team will pay him. Bowe can do more, is a beast of a WR (bigger, stronger Roddy White potential IMO) but he does get cases of the drops at times when he loses focus. I don't think he's worth $10M a year either but would pay him before Wallace. If Harvin wants $10M a year too, then they can all kick rocks. They do need at least one above-average WR added to the team heading into next year to add to Crabs and a hopefully improved AJ Jenkins and rookie WRs very rarely make an impact in their first seasons.

That all being said, Harvin is a playmaker going into his prime and the Niners are slated to have 13 or 14 picks, with only about half as many spots available on the roster. They might as well trade something away for a proven commodity (at WR or another position of need if there's a player they desire) or move up in the Draft to get a player or players they are targeting.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 02-11-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I think I've made my feelings on Harvin well known in this thread before. I think he's the most dangerous offensive skill player in the league. Period.

That being said, he's a malcontent if there ever was one. If you cant get along with Leslie Frazier, I think you have some serious issues. I have my reservations about how committed to team goals he actually is. As much as I would love to have him his talents in this offense, I would have to pass. Plus, he's already stated he wants a big payday from his new team. Not sure he would fit into our budget at this point.
Yes I would love to have someone like Harvin on the team. I think it would really be beneficial to what we could do on offense. And having him and James on kickoff returns would be a dream. That being said I haven't been a fan of what has apparently been thrown out in the public spotlight in regards to how he has been perceived as a player within the locker room. And clashing with his head coach is a big mark against him if this is indeed what happened. And he probably would want a big payday since he only has a year left on his deal. I don't think the 49ers will be interested in him or any other big name free agent receiver that will command a large amount of capital like Wallace or Bowe.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to think about, but Wallace and Bowe would be a huge waste of money with the way the current offense is constructed. There just aren't enough targets to go around to justify it. They're better off developing a rookie.

Harvin would be amazing in this offense though.

Colston would be ideal lol

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
It's nice to think about, but Wallace and Bowe would be a huge waste of money with the way the current offense is constructed. There just aren't enough targets to go around to justify it. They're better off developing a rookie.

Still not giving up on the Colston scenario?

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Remind me what it is with your Colston man-crush again. He and his bad knees aren't worth $10M either.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leave me and man crush alone dammit!!!

Also, it's just a running joke that only I like.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Agreed. Cheap vets are one thing but the days where we lure big name free agents I think are long gone AS LONG AS Baalke continues to draft well, develop talent, and find quailty depth via the wavier wire and UDFAs. We're in a good place all things considered. We have a slew draft picks and some bargain options as free agents vets that make more sense than investing huge amounts of money on skill players who probably won't get the opportunity earn their hefty salary. Though Harvin is probably the exception because he does so much offensively that JH and Roman would have a field day designing ways to get him the ball. Man, would he be fun to watch in this offense. But I think Baalke is more pressed with drafting the next Harvin instead of trying to trade for him.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But I think Baalke is more pressed with drafting the next Harvin instead of trying to trade for him.
Love me some Harvin, but quoting what you said here... some draft expert just mocked Tavon Austin to us with the 31st pick of the 1st round. I'm a WVU homer, so I love Austin. Was just wondering what your all thoughts were of him?

His size is definitely a concern, think he measures 5'9 175 the last I saw. He is an extremely versatile player, though. I think he's smart enough to avoid taking big shots, as well. The thought of him, LMJ, and Kaep eventually running together in this offense makes me giddy.

All that said, I still lean towards drafting defense with our early picks in this years draft.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Love me some Harvin, but quoting what you said here... some draft expert just mocked Tavon Austin to us with the 31st pick of the 1st round. I'm a WVU homer, so I love Austin. Was just wondering what your all thoughts were of him?

His size is definitely a concern, think he measures 5'9 175 the last I saw. He is an extremely versatile player, though. I think he's smart enough to avoid taking big shots, as well. The thought of him, LMJ, and Kaep eventually running together in this offense makes me giddy.

All that said, I still lean towards drafting defense with our early picks in this years draft.
According to NFL.com Harvin is 5'11'' and 184 pounds.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the funnest time of the off-season, well hopefully draft day will be the funnest, it wasn't for me last year. Last year I had my list of top players still available, all giddy to see which one would be picked and then.....AJ Jenkins..lol...I'm not trying to be negative but I'm just saying I was disappointed at the time. That's what makes it fun though, you never know what's going to happen, surprises are everywhere..

This year I can see Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, Justin Hunter, Tavon Austin, and Desmond Trufant all available and then.....The 49ers select Ryan Turnley, C, Pittsburg...lol.....who would you guys pick from the aforementioned group of players available?

I know it's hard before the Combine/Pro Days but I like Justin Hunter narrowly ahead of the rest of the field.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
According to NFL.com Harvin is 5'11'' and 184 pounds.
He's referring to Tavon Austin (5'9 175), not Harvin.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post

I highly doubt a WR will be the first pick. And I defintely doubt a smallish WR will be that pick either. I don't think Austin is in Harvin's class as far as talent so no, doubt he is the pick. Last year we took the quick, speedy type of WR with Jenkins. I can see them going with a bigger, more jumpball type of outside threat this time. A sleeper I like is Aaron Mellette of Elon. But if we're looking at 2nd or 3rd round pick, I've stated my case for Justin Hunter before. I also like Hamilton from Arkansas. Chris Harper is my wildcard. He's versatile player. Was a heralded QB prspect when he committed to Oregon. Ended up transferring to KSU and playing WR. Not a tall WR but a big-bodied guy(6'1, 234 lbs) and Baalke and Jimbaugh like their multi-faceted, swiss army knife type of guys, especially offensively. He's intriguing to me and I wonder if maybe they would see him as a guy they could use in that Delaine Walker role, interms of pass-catching and blocking, once he develops down the road. If we're looking for that Wallace type of insane speed, Goodwin from Texas is the guy ppl should be looking hard at even though he's a little shorter(5'9).

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-12-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Old Merton Hanks GIF.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im trying to find the latest 49er free agency news and google keeps giving me bleacher report articles :(

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Harvin reportedly wants Fitz / Megatron $.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...zgerald-money/

I'm off his wagon. Time to Draft!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my heart set on Jesse Williams right now.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Harvin reportedly wants Fitz / Megatron $.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...zgerald-money/

I'm off his wagon. Time to Draft!
Harvin is good but I wouldnt even put him in the Wallace/Bowe class yet he wants Gitz/Johnson money??? Guy is nuts.

Come on down to SF.....Mike Wallace. :P
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Harvin is good but I wouldnt even put him in the Wallace/Bowe class yet he wants Gitz/Johnson money??? Guy is nuts.

Come on down to SF.....Mike Wallace. :P
Harvin is a better player than Wallace and Bowe. I like Wallace, though.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I have my heart set on Jesse Williams right now.
I'm right there with ya, brother. One of my top guys at 31.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My general thoughts on the offseason...

On our own FA's, i have a feeling Goldson is the only priority. RJF is solid but seems to lack a consistent pass rush. Walker is versatile but he's in line for a pay upgrade and is very inconsistent with drops. Sopoaga is old and only played 31% of defensive snaps per Maiocco, we were mainly in a nickel D this year. Maybe tender some RFA's like Brock for ST's too.

UFA, I don't think we'll be a big player. Not Baalke's MO to sign guys to big deals. Maybe some bargain FA's, or some old 30+ guys on their last legs to be backups- aka Clark Haggans, Randy Moss, and Leonard Davis (all UFA's i expect to walk this year). Amendola would be my top choice if he fits the financial bill.

Draft, defensively get front 7 depth. A guy who could be the heir for Justin Smith (Joe Kruger from Utah?), and another pass rusher are my top 2 defensive priorities. Another S who can take over for Whitner in a year too. Then a NT, and some general depth at CB/ILB (i like Michael Wilhoite as a STer/backup ILB too). Offensively, we could use a playmaker- maybe a Corderelle Patterson or Markus Wheaton somewhere? A #2 TE like Levine Toilloi (sp?) would be solid too. Then some OL depth. We can also afford luxury picks like a Marcus Lattimore as a Gore heir apparent, if we want. And of course, get a K.

As for future extensions....Goldson this year. Kaep, Aldon, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, Tarrell Brown all need to have their contracts looked at in a year or 2. Can't keep everyone and priority 1 and 2 have to be Kaep and Aldon.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote