Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Redskins Draft Thread 2013

A handful of guys I like early.

Rd2 - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers / Rico Allen, CB, Purdue / Philip Thomas, S, Fresno / Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon St / Dallas Thomas, OG, Tenn / Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Rd3 - Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Lou / Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego St / Jordan Reed, TE, Florida / Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin / Larry Worford, OG, Kentucky / Oday Aboushi, OT, UVA

Rd4 - Duke Williams, S, Nevada / Isaiah Johnson, S, GTech / Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally forgot that Chase should be back next year at CB fully healthy and with some NFL conditioning. Really excited for him to make an impact. Might then lean towards a safety or ILB early.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need some safety help, someone who can at least lock down one half of the field. CB is also a high priority, with D Hall having such a big cap number in 2013 and 14 if he doesn't restructure, we are already thin. I agree that we could use an ILB and I have that as need 3a along with a WR 2 with potential to also play some slot as our 3b need. Then shore up the lines the best we can in FA or the draft.

I think we should definitely look to take a secondary player with our 2nd round pick. I really like the depth of WR in this class so we should be able to find someone decent in round 3 or 4, not so sure about the ILB class.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Really happy with the Forum mock results so far. I snagged Logan Ryan in the 2nd, Lane Johnson in the 3rd, and Shamarko Thomas in the 4th. I weighed the value of S and CB in the 2nd and thought Ryan was considerably better value at the time. Considered a S again in the 3rd but couldnt turn down Johnson at that point. I think he is a great fit in Shanahans offense given his quickness and athleticism. Our oline was improved this year but a lot of that was because of RG3s mobility. This is still a patchwork line that needs improvements, especially at RT imo.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Really happy with the Forum mock results so far. I snagged Logan Ryan in the 2nd, Lane Johnson in the 3rd, and Shamarko Thomas in the 4th. I weighed the value of S and CB in the 2nd and thought Ryan was considerably better value at the time. Considered a S again in the 3rd but couldnt turn down Johnson at that point. I think he is a great fit in Shanahans offense given his quickness and athleticism. Our oline was improved this year but a lot of that was because of RG3s mobility. This is still a patchwork line that needs improvements, especially at RT imo.
I'd be pretty happy with your 1st two picks at least.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I'd be pretty happy with your 1st two picks at least.
No love for Shamarko? I think youll see him moving up the boards as the draft process continues. Kid has some talent.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
No love for Shamarko? I think youll see him moving up the boards as the draft process continues. Kid has some talent.
More the position - a FS is more of a need than SS. I foresee Merriweather at SS and a draftee at FS - I could be off base, however.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
More the position - a FS is more of a need than SS. I foresee Merriweather at SS and a draftee at FS - I could be off base, however.
Fair enough. I always thought they had Merriweather playing the FS spot.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

**revamping**

Last edited by DiG : 02-27-2013 at 07:13 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed DE Merling.

I think Fletch will come back for 1 more year. He's got 1 left on his deal and after tasting a division title he knows this team can make a run with 2 legged RG3.

I feel like Sleepy Davis is gonna get resigned, I don't see how he's gonna get a big deal coming off the injury.

You left out Darrel Young who I'm sure they resign as well.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

What a year to need a slew of DBs in the 2nd-4th rounds! I really love this DB class at both safety and corner. Truly feel like you can be drafting starters in the 4th.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

March 11, national D-Hall is released holiday for all redskins fans
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
March 11, national D-Hall is released holiday for all redskins fans
Addition by subtraction, par excellence!,
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Pretty interested to see how things shake out today. Skins are showing definite interest in cbs apparently Talib is their primary target but surprisingly no word on safeties yet. A lot of safeties still available though so could be waiting it out looking for value which makes sense given our cap penalty issues. I'd really love Huff.

Last edited by DiG : 03-13-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Updated CB Rankings 4/2

CB
1. Dee Milliner
2. Xavier Rhodes
3. Desmond Trufant
4. Jamar Taylor
5. Darius Slay
6. Robert Alford
7. Blidi Wreh Wilson
8. Johnathan Banks
9. Jordan Poyer
10. David Amerson
11. Logan Ryan
12. Sanders Commings
13. Leon McFadden
14. BW Webb
15. Dwayne Gratz

Last edited by DiG : 04-02-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Updated Mock (Assuming we resign Fred Davis):

RD 2 (51) - Darius Slay, CB, Miss St

Slay has a tremendous combination of size/speed/athleticism that NFL Scouts dream of. His senior season performance was easily 1st round worthy but as a JC transfer he is somewhat of a late bloomer who is still improving and learning at the position. Originally signed to play at George but did not qualify. Was awarded First-Team All-Region 23 at Juco. Hardworker, physical, and aggressive. Good football IQ and strong in coverage.

RD4 (early via trade back) - Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU

One of my favorite WRs in this entire draft. WRs tend to fall on draft day and with Bailey's size and only average 40 time he could slip a little. His production is off the charts. He has amazing body control, runs great routes, and catches just about everything thrown his way. Would love to see what he can do in our offense.

RD4 - Duke Williams, S, Nevada

I believe Duke Williams is the most rounded safety in this class. He has tremendous speed for his size having come from a track background. Got into some trouble at Nevada which probably has hurt his stock but IMO they were minor issues (possession of alcohol and was present when a teamate was caught stealing). Started since his Sophomore year and consistently productive. Second Team All WAC as a Junior and First Team as a Senior. Can play the run and drop into coverage. Takes strong angles and is a hard tackler with very good technique. Doesn't recklessly throw his body around but does hit hard. Understands the game. Good in space.

RD5 (early from trade) - Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue

RD5 - Kerwynn Williams, RB, Nevada

RD5 - Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State

RD6 - Steve Beauharnis, LB, Rutgers

RD7 - Josh Boyd, DT, Miss St
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love Bailey but I don't see him slipping to the 4th. He's a sleeper pick for a lot of teams in the 3rd at worst imo. People have seen his tape because of Geno and Tavon.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Happy to bring back DHall on a one year 2.25m deal. Very impressed with how our front office has handled this cap penalty.

Starting to think that we have to go FS at 51 or trade back?

Unfortunately, I don't love what our options will be for FS at 51. My FS rankings are probably a bit unconventional.

FS
1. Kenny Vaccaro
2. Duke Williams
3. DJ Swearinger
4. Bacarri Rambo
5. TJ McDonald
6. Phillip Thomas
7. Eric Reid
8. Cooper Taylor
9. Tony Jefferson
10. Josh Evans

I'd love to trade back into the 3rd and take both Duke Williams and Swearinger in the 3rd round. At this point that is my dream scenario. Both are incredibly versatile.

Here are my SS rankings too.

SS
1. Shamarko Thomas
2. Matt Elam
3. John Cyprien
4. Shawn Williams
5. Robert Lester
6. Ray Ray Armstrong
7. Earl Wolff
8. JJ Wilcox
9. Cody Davis
10. DeVonte Holloman
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon guys! One of you take the Skins!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56074

PS. Dig can't take 'em. His wife's about to have a baby any moment!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Washington Redskins Pre Draft Meetings/Workouts:

Oday Aboushi, OL, Virginia (COM)
Robert Alford, DB, Southeast Louisiana (COM)
Sam Barrington, LB, South Florida (EW)
Jonathan Cyprien, DB, Florida International (PRI)
Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech (EW)
Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (SR)
Montori Hughes, DL, Tennessee-Martin (SR)
Tony Jefferson, DB, Oklahoma (COM)
Keelan Johnson, DB, Arizona State (COM)
Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (COM)
Robert Lester, DB, Alabama (COM)
Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU (COM)
T.J. McDonald, S, USC (COM)
Bradley McDougald, S, Kansas (EW)
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (EW)
Will Pericak, DL, Colorado (EW)
Ty Powell, LB, Harding (SR)
Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State (COM)
Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse (COM)
Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee (SR)
D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina (COM) (SR) (SR)
Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech (COM)
Phillip Thomas%, DB, Fresno State (PRI) (SR)
Duke Williams%, DB, Nevada (PRI) (SR)

From that list I'd love to see:

2) Alford / Poyer
3) Swearinger
4) Duke Williams
5) Rivera
5) Ellington
Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
skinsfan36
Rookie

skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skinsfan36 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated Mock (Assuming we resign Fred Davis):

RD 2 (51) - Darius Slay, CB, Miss St

Slay has a tremendous combination of size/speed/athleticism that NFL Scouts dream of. His senior season performance was easily 1st round worthy but as a JC transfer he is somewhat of a late bloomer who is still improving and learning at the position. Originally signed to play at George but did not qualify. Was awarded First-Team All-Region 23 at Juco. Hardworker, physical, and aggressive. Good football IQ and strong in coverage.

RD4 (early via trade back) - Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU

One of my favorite WRs in this entire draft. WRs tend to fall on draft day and with Bailey's size and only average 40 time he could slip a little. His production is off the charts. He has amazing body control, runs great routes, and catches just about everything thrown his way. Would love to see what he can do in our offense.

RD4 - Duke Williams, S, Nevada

I believe Duke Williams is the most rounded safety in this class. He has tremendous speed for his size having come from a track background. Got into some trouble at Nevada which probably has hurt his stock but IMO they were minor issues (possession of alcohol and was present when a teamate was caught stealing). Started since his Sophomore year and consistently productive. Second Team All WAC as a Junior and First Team as a Senior. Can play the run and drop into coverage. Takes strong angles and is a hard tackler with very good technique. Doesn't recklessly throw his body around but does hit hard. Understands the game. Good in space.

RD5 (early from trade) - Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue

RD5 - Kerwynn Williams, RB, Nevada

RD5 - Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State

RD6 - Steve Beauharnis, LB, Rutgers

RD7 - Josh Boyd, DT, Miss St
That would be awesome if the skins came away with haul. Skins appear to be very interested in slay and duke for sure
skinsfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote