Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Dalembert is at the end of a contract where he making just under 7 million. Which is more the both Young and Wright. He is probably going to get overpaid again simply cause he is a big guy. Especially if he shows he can keep playing as well as he is playing atm.

So if you added Dalembert and Smith instead of Bynum you really wouldn't be saving that much money.
No one will sign Dalembert to another 7 mil a year deal, he doesn't play enough in games to justify that. He was making 10 mil the deal before (or was it a de-escalator contract?) when he was with the 76ers the first time.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
No one will sign Dalembert to another 7 mil a year deal, he doesn't play enough in games to justify that. He was making 10 mil the deal before (or was it a de-escalator contract?) when he was with the 76ers the first time.
He is played in just about every game the past 6 seasons only missing 3 games before he got to Milwaukee and that is cause he got on Skiles bad side. So how does he not play enough he is not a injury risk?

Idk what kind of contract he had but he it wouldn't surprise me if he got a deal where he makes around 6-6.5 mill per year in fa this July. Which is about what is making this season.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is played in just about every game the past 6 seasons only missing 3 games before he got to Milwaukee and that is cause he got on Skiles bad side. So how does he not play enough he is not a injury risk?

Idk what kind of contract he had but he it wouldn't surprise me if he got a deal where he makes around 6-6.5 mill per year in fa this July. Which is about what is making this season.
My bad, he hasn't started enough. I don't understand why either. Personally? I love Dalembert, he is the type of Center you want if your a uptempo type team (he played Soccer in Haiti as a child). But I don't see many teams thatll go that high for him. 76ers got a player who averages about the same (Allen) but Allen is younger. He only got 3 mil. Plus, Dally will be 32 next year. I'd give him a 2 year deal maybe 5.5 this year and 6/6.5 next.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
My bad, he hasn't started enough. I don't understand why either. Personally? I love Dalembert, he is the type of Center you want if your a uptempo type team (he played Soccer in Haiti as a child). But I don't see many teams thatll go that high for him. 76ers got a player who averages about the same (Allen) but Allen is younger. He only got 3 mil. Plus, Dally will be 32 next year. I'd give him a 2 year deal maybe 5.5 this year and 6/6.5 next.
He didn't start for the Kings cause they obviously would start Cousins and The Rockets I want to say he was the starter for most of the season until they made the move for Camby but I am not sure about that one.

If guys like Marcus Camby at 38 can get a 3 year deal still then so can Dalembert.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
He didn't start for the Kings cause they obviously would start Cousins and The Rockets I want to say he was the starter for most of the season until they made the move for Camby but I am not sure about that one.

If guys like Marcus Camby at 38 can get a 3 year deal still then so can Dalembert.
The last year in the deal isn't guarenteed, and I doubt Camby wouldve done the S&T without at least a 2 year deal at least (which money is less than the first year).
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is far too much Samuel Dalembert in this thread right now.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
There is far too much Samuel Dalembert in this thread right now.
Na we clearly need more arguments about if Tyson Chandler can be a offensive juggernaut instead lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Na we clearly need more arguments about if Tyson Chandler can be a offensive juggernaut instead lol.
At least he is relevant.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
At least he is relevant.
Did you not see his 35 point 12 rebound game in 27 minutez?!

Seriously, I loved the old 76ers. Iggy, Iverson, Korver, Dally. Shoot, Wille Green and before him Aaron McKie.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
At least he is relevant.
Its not like there is a huge difference between their career totals but w/e. Clearly I guess not allowed to talk about if certain players if they aren't deemed relevant. After all that has never happened before right?

I guess I should say #KNICKS BLAH BLAH BLAH INSTEAD lol.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron Mullens is a bad dude.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Byron Mullens is a bad dude.
Nah, he's still absurdly terrible. Beasley has had some good games too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hadn't lol'd at Byron Mullen's ESPN page in a while, thanks guys.

Not only at the stats, that dude is crazy ugly.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Sleeves are for soccer jerseys. It looks ugly.
I prefer sleeves to armpits, personally. If they can make the fabric stretchable enough to keep the arms mobile, then I'm all for it.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Its not like there is a huge difference between their career totals but w/e. Clearly I guess not allowed to talk about if certain players if they aren't deemed relevant. After all that has never happened before right?

I guess I should say #KNICKS BLAH BLAH BLAH INSTEAD lol.
Jokes, man. Jokes. Calm down over there. If you want to talk about Dalembert, feel free, he is just of absolutely no interest to me, but if it floats your boat go for it.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Raptors will be offering Calderon a contract in the offseason. I will say it again, the Rudy *** trade was a great trade for the Raptors.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So the Raptors will be offering Calderon a contract in the offseason. I will say it again, the Rudy *** trade was a great trade for the Raptors.
They have no cap room you clown, it won't matter. He's not coming back. It was a ****** trade for the Raptors.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They have no cap room you clown, it won't matter. He's not coming back. It was a ****** trade for the Raptors.
MLE MLE MLE!

I also think he probably won't be back but the Raptors won't miss him. He slows the game down to a crawl on offensive, dribbles around like a fool only to have to take a tough shot. Now this year he was clutch as **** at times so I gained a newfound respect for him but the Raptors were never going anywhere with him at PG. You also have to understand cap room means nothing in Toronto. It is useless. Every player who signs with Toronto gets overpaid by quite a bit. I am very critical of the organization but in no way was this a bad trade.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MLE MLE MLE!

I also think he probably won't be back but the Raptors won't miss him. He slows the game down to a crawl on offensive, dribbles around like a fool only to have to take a tough shot. Now this year he was clutch as **** at times so I gained a newfound respect for him but the Raptors were never going anywhere with him at PG. You also have to understand cap room means nothing in Toronto. It is useless. Every player who signs with Toronto gets overpaid by quite a bit. I am very critical of the organization but in no way was this a bad trade.
Unless they make some moves between now and then to clear off some salary they won't be signing anyone other than minimum guys this summer. The teams already slated to be over what is the current luxury tax line, and there's no way MLSE agrees to go even further into the tax levels for a backup PG.

I'll admit Rudy's played better so far than I thought he would, and in a vacuum Calderon and Davis for *** is good value (although Davis is going to be a stud once he finally gets to be a full-time starter.) But he makes a ridiculous amount of money, and combined with all the other over-paid players on the roster (Bargnani, DeRozan, Fields, Kleiza) has left them pretty much stuck with the team they have, with the only hope of elevating being the development of Valanciunas.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MLE MLE MLE!

I liked the trade for the Raptors. They don't get FAs easily, so this was a great move. The problem I see is that they have very good players but no great ones. They will be a perennial bottom of the lottery or right outside of the lottery type team. Yay.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
Unless they make some moves between now and then to clear off some salary they won't be signing anyone other than minimum guys this summer. The teams already slated to be over what is the current luxury tax line, and there's no way MLSE agrees to go even further into the tax levels for a backup PG.

I'll admit Rudy's played better so far than I thought he would, and in a vacuum Calderon and Davis for *** is good value (although Davis is going to be a stud once he finally gets to be a full-time starter.) But he makes a ridiculous amount of money, and combined with all the other over-paid players on the roster (Bargnani, DeRozan, Fields, Kleiza) has left them pretty much stuck with the team they have, with the only hope of elevating being the development of Valanciunas.
Really, shooting that horribly is playing better than you thought? Rudy is not a very good player, and a little okay 3-2 stretch doesn't make the Raps a better team. It was a bad trade, is a bad trade, and will be forever seen as a bad trade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I liked the trade for the Raptors. They don't get FAs easily, so this was a great move. The problem I see is that they have very good players but no great ones. They will be a perennial bottom of the lottery or right outside of the lottery type team. Yay.
Already traded our first this coming year (well it is top three protected) so I would rather try to win than tank. The Raps need to try and build a team like the Pistons of old, I think that is the only way they will make noise.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post

Kleiza needs to be amnestied to make some room but you are right, they do not have much room to work with.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Really, shooting that horribly is playing better than you thought? Rudy is not a very good player, and a little okay 3-2 stretch doesn't make the Raps a better team. It was a bad trade, is a bad trade, and will be forever seen as a bad trade.
Well, that just goes to show how poorly I expected him to play.

But he has been a little better than his numbers show, especially if you're judging him on his fg%. Of course, I think Casey playing him 40+ mpg may be impacting his percentages, but that would be purely speculation. I think the biggest issue if that teams can pack the paint against him when he drives since no one on this team can shoot the 3 reliably, and that's a result of Colangelo seemingly having no understanding on how players fit together.

Either way, I agree with you that it was a bad trade, but that has more to do with ***'s contract rather than his play so far, and the fact that I think Davis is going to be a 15 and 10 big when he hits his prime.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Already traded our first this coming year (well it is top three protected) so I would rather try to win than tank. The Raps need to try and build a team like the Pistons of old, I think that is the only way they will make noise.
Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups were considerably better than any player the Raptors have ever had.

RIP TheManInBlack