Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not gonna be Jug's picks. Rajai Davis?Michael Pineda?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
OK sounds good to me.

What do you think?

edit: I definitely missed Cueto. The other one is not so obvious... he could keep Harvey over Pineda... but dropping Rajai means he'll be desperate for Steals really early.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-12-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely not keeping Rajai.

I'm also not a fan of Harper's showboating.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-12-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't even try and make it sound like you're not keeping Harper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts?

C Buster Posey
C Miguel Montero
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Evan Longoria
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Hunter Pence
OF Josh Willingham

SP Felix Hernandez
SP David Price
SP Matt Moore
SP Jarrod Parker
RP Aroldis Chapman
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Thoughts?

C Buster Posey
C Miguel Montero
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Evan Longoria
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Hunter Pence
OF Josh Willingham

SP Felix Hernandez
SP David Price
SP Matt Moore
SP Jarrod Parker
RP Aroldis Chapman
One of these years I really hope you win or get in the race at the end. You deserve it and this team looks strong.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
One of these years I really hope you win or get in the race at the end. You deserve it and this team looks strong.
I generally start out fast and fade away. It's tough to keep interest for an entire season. Gonna try to stay committed this year
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I PROMISE (and I mean it this time, D-Unit) that I will be a lot more open to trade ideas.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
BTW, I PROMISE (and I mean it this time, D-Unit) that I will be a lot more open to trade ideas.
Groovy!

I like all of your playerzzzzz.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we make trades now? For instance can I deal 3 of players who may be keepers for another team for a stronger keeper for my own team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Can we make trades now? For instance can I deal 3 of players who may be keepers for another team for a stronger keeper for my own team.
I'm pretty sure I remember Xio saying that wasn't going to be allowed.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Groovy!

I like all of your playerzzzzz.
My playerzzzzz did exactly squat last year.

You can have them.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It's funny.

Last year I had to make tough decisions for my keepers (left off Gio, thinking he won't get enough wins. Very smart, Max!!!), this year I'm not sure I have enough keeper-worthy players to make a 12-player list.

EDIT: my top ranked player (Tex) is #55 on Yahoo. That's pathetic.

Last edited by MaxV : 02-12-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Hopefully ones that stand to help your team, not further bury it ..
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I remember Xio saying that wasn't going to be allowed.
It's not allowed. Trust me, I'd like to do that, but it goes against the spirit of having keepers and having an exciting trade deadline.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No problem. I just didn't remember if it were allowed or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

League Announcement:

In an effort to create more league parity as we enter the fourth year of this current dynasty setup, I am awarding three competitive balance "sandwich picks" (much like actual MLB) to this year's league draft.

Prince and Max will each receive an additional sandwich pick (13th and 14th overall, respectively) at the end of round one. Consequently, they will forfeit their 18th round selections to maintain an equal number of draft picks.

Yoda will receive an additional sandwich pick (27th overall) at the end of round two. Consequently, he will forfeit his 18th round pick.

These bonus picks are being awarded after weighing the relative strengths of the rosters as they currently stand. We will re-assess the state of the league next offseason to determine whether this becomes an annual compensation method.

Updated draft order

1. Prince
2. Max
3. Yoda
4. KCJ
5. Brodeur
6. DJP
7. Yo
8. D-Unit
9. Jughead
10. Xiomera
11. BF
12. GF
13. Prince
(competitive balance pick)
14. Max (competitive balance pick)
15. GF
16. BF
17. Xiomera
18. Jughead
19. D-Unit
20. Yo
21. DJP
22. Brodeur
23. KCJ
24. Yoda
25. Max
26. Prince
27. Yoda (competitive balance pick)

Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, thats good, no Kolten Wong in the 18th round to fill my Cardinal quota...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Well, thats good, no Kolten Wong in the 18th round to fill my Cardinal quota...
Wongy is mine.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I don't know what to think of the added P spot.

But making players available when Yahoo adds them is kinda sucky. For one, the value of the top waiver priority is lessened. Two, if we stash the guy on our team, it may be months or even next season till he actually gets called up. So for all that time you don't accumulate stats for that roster spot. It'd be good for a minor league roster spot, but yahoo doesn't have that. Do they? I don't like the idea of stashing guys that don't get you stats and playing that game of wondering "should I grab him now before someone else does?" I can see guys shooting themselves in the foot. I definitely liked the existing set up that we've been following in this instance.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoda I don't want to hear about your Cardinal quota. I think I offered Kyle Lohse to you 5 minutes after I drafted him.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
But making players available when Yahoo adds them is kinda sucky. For one, the value of the top waiver priority is lessened. Two, if we stash the guy on our team, it may be months or even next season till he actually gets called up. So for all that time you don't accumulate stats for that roster spot. It'd be good for a minor league roster spot, but yahoo doesn't have that. Do they? I don't like the idea of stashing guys that don't get you stats and playing that game of wondering "should I grab him now before someone else does?" I can see guys shooting themselves in the foot. I definitely liked the existing set up that we've been following in this instance.
I will change it back before the season starts. I had no choice but to do that because Yahoo wasn't allowing Brodeur to enter Wil Myers as a keeper because he hasn't made his MLB debut yet. Same would be true of several players you guys might try to keep.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I will change it back before the season starts. I had no choice but to do that because Yahoo wasn't allowing Brodeur to enter Wil Myers as a keeper because he hasn't made his MLB debut yet. Same would be true of several players you guys might try to keep.
Oh that's good to hear. Couldn't tell without the explanation and usually you ask everyone first before you make changes.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So what did you have in mind for the reason of adding the new P spot?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
So what did you have in mind for the reason of adding the new P spot?
What do you have against it? I'm not increasing the innings pitched limit, so it simply allows you to have another pitcher occupying an active slot. I also did not increase the roster size (still 30).
Closed Thread