Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
My Wishlist at this point.

Round 1 - Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (6'3, 232)

Alternate picks: Kenny Vaccaro, S/ Lane Johnson, OT/ John Jenkins, NT/DE/Jessie Williams, DE/NT

Round 2 -Jonathan Cyprien, S FIU (6'1, 210)

Alternate picks: Brandon Williams, NT-DE/Quinton Patton, WR/Sylvester Williams, DE/ Kyle Long, OT/OG

Round 3 - Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M (5'11, 220)

Round 4 - Brian Schwenke, C California (6'4, 300)

Round 5 - Marcus Davis, WR Virginia Tech (6'4, 232)/Aaron Mellette, WR Elon (6'4, 220)/ Dan Buckner, WR Arizona (6'4, 215)

I put three different WR options here, I think Davis after the combine will go much higher than 5th round. I like the size all these WRs possess.

Round 6 - Elvis Fisher, OT Missouri (6'5, 300)

Round 7 - Joe Krueger, DE Utah (6'7, 280)

I really like the 3rd and 4th round picks of Michael and Schwenke. Both guys are really physical and I think Michael has the size/speed ratio that TT looks for in RBs. Notice how Ryan Grant, James Starks, and Alex Green all are about 220 and supposedly all are 4.4 40yard runners (when healthy).

I am really leaning toward drafting a RT and having a 3 man battle for the LT spot. One guy that is a bit intriguing is Menelik Watson out of Florida State.

Lastly, I really like Jordan Campbell as an ILB prospect. He was supposed to be great as USC, but it never happened there. The guy is a freak athletically. He tore up D-2 competition.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 02-08-2013 at 10:54 PM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
My Wishlist at this point.

Round 2 -Jonathan Cyprien, S FIU (6'1, 210)
Trying to learn more about Cyprien> http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...21#post3270021
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Trying to learn more about Cyprien> http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...21#post3270021
Cyprien is going to be a good player. I just dont think the Packers need another Safety. His only knock is that he probably doesn't run under a 4.45. I also think he is more of a SS than a FS - but that is just my opinion. He reminds me of a more in control version of McMillian. I just think with Burnett and McMillian we have our two safeties. Add in Woodson, and now you have 3 guys that can play safety. If anything I think we need more of a FS type player, and the two guys worthy of 1st/2nd round picks are Vaccaro and Reid.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

DD is retired, Jennings is a FA and prob wont be back. So what do u think of getting a WR or Playmaking TE in the first. Finly is a FA next year, the guy gets open but he cant catch. I think we get A Rod another wepon so we can still do those 4WR and 5Wr packages. Or u guys think Jordyz,Cobb,Jones, and Finley is enough and we have more glaring needs somewhere else?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
DD is retired, Jennings is a FA and prob wont be back. So what do u think of getting a WR or Playmaking TE in the first. Finly is a FA next year, the guy gets open but he cant catch. I think we get A Rod another wepon so we can still do those 4WR and 5Wr packages. Or u guys think Jordyz,Cobb,Jones, and Finley is enough and we have more glaring needs somewhere else?
I'd love Zach Ertz or DeAndre Hopkins in round one

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'd love Zach Ertz or DeAndre Hopkins in round one
I didn't watch that much CFA this year, but I did watch a few Stanford games, and a bunch of Notre Dame games.
I determined that what I saw on the field from ND's Tyler Eifert was better than what I saw in Ertz. They appear to be almost identical in height and weight (6-6, 250), but Eifert looked better to me. At least he was in the games I saw.
And in most rankings I see, he's just a bit higher. Not all but most.
I also factored in the passing of the 2 teams and felt that Ertz has had better passers throwing him the ball.

Are you an anti-Notre Dame guy or why do you ignore Eifert but have Ertz higher?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I didn't watch that much CFA this year, but I did watch a few Stanford games, and a bunch of Notre Dame games.
I determined that what I saw on the field from ND's Tyler Eifert was better than what I saw in Ertz. They appear to be almost identical in height and weight (6-6, 250), but Eifert looked better to me. At least he was in the games I saw.
And in most rankings I see, he's just a bit higher. Not all but most.
I also factored in the passing of the 2 teams and felt that Ertz has had better passers throwing him the ball.

Are you an anti-Notre Dame guy or why do you ignore Eifert but have Ertz higher?
Eifert was always an underwhelming player when I watched Notre Dame this season. He does have the skill set to be good at the next level, but he never wowed me this season. Zach Ertz is a bigger target and while he might not be as good of an in-line blocker as Eifert, he has the ability to split out and be a dangerous player. I actually have Gavin Escobar and Travis Kelce ahead of Eifert as well.

Here's the tight end rankings I posted about two weeks ago...

Quote:
Tight Ends

1. Zach Ertz :: STANFORD
2. Gavin Escobar :: SAN DIEGO STATE
3. Travis Kelce :: CINCINNATI
4. Tyler Eifert :: NOTRE DAME
5. Vance McDonald :: RICE
6. Jordan Reed :: FLORIDA
7. Dion Sims :: MICHIGAN STATE
8. Michael Williams :: ALABAMA
9. Joseph Fauria :: UCLA
10. Ryan Otten :: SAN JOSE STATE
11. Levine Toilolo :: STANFORD
12. Philip Lutzenkirchen :: AUBURN
13. Nick Kasa :: COLORADO
14. Zach Sudfeld :: NEVADA
15. Jake Stoneburner :: OHIO STATE

Analysis: After Senior Bowl week the tight end class is really all about the top 5 guys at the position. Ertz is a huge, athletic target and will continue in the explosion of tight ends being a dynamic part of the offense in the NFL. Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert, and Vance McDonald can have a very similar scouting report written of themselves as well, and for my rankings it comes down to players having shown the ability to be effective in game with those skills. Questions might come up with Tyler Eifert, and I am not denying his talent, but every time I watched Notre Dame this year I always waited for him to wow me and I rarely ever saw that. Travis Kelce is the best overall blocker of the top bunch so that makes him slightly more versatile than the other four. Michael Williams isn't the world's greatest pass catcher, but he's an asset for the running game and he knows how to work in the red zone. Overall, more top end talent than we usually see from the tight end position and at least four of the top five will be selected in the first two rounds.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 02-13-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's say these are our only three options at pick 26. Which player would you guys take and why?

Jesse Williams 6'3 320

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...tml#more-23196

or

Alec Ogletree 6'3 234

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...ng-report.html

or

Sylvester Williams 6'3 305

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/201...outing-report/

Last edited by CheeseKnuckles : 02-16-2013 at 10:44 AM.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree is too good to pass in that situation.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Ogletree would be the guy out of those three but if we can get an inside backer I'd love to see us take Kevin Minter.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Williams IMO.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Ogletree got himself a DUI recently so you can take him off the Packers' board in round one.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Ogletree got himself a DUI recently so you can take him off the Packers' board in round one.
Yeah the kid has been caught for 3 "stupid" things already..... and they say for every one a star athlete is "caught", he gets away with at least 2... so do the math.

He's not a Packer player.

I want mean guys though now on defense.... we need to get physical.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

From Football Outsiders:

The Packers aren't likely to have as many receiver injuries in 2013 as they had in 2012, so they now can move toward fixing the other reason their offense had some stagnant games last season: their offensive line. Think back to the replacement-ref debacle against Seattle in Week 3: The reason that game was close in the first place was because of the eight sacks Aaron Rodgers took. Yes, Rodgers is always going to find more than his share of sacks while trying to buy extra time, but last season the Packers fell to 31st in our adjusted sack rate.

Jeff Saturday's timely retirement will help, as will Bryan Bulaga's return from a hip fracture, but Green Bay will have to do more to surround stalwart guard Josh Sitton with talented players this offseason. Our game-charting project seems to indicate that most of the problems came from the left side of the line. Left tackle Marshall Newhouse was directly responsible for 17 blown blocks that led to hurries or sacks, and left guard T.J. Lang added another 11 of his own on the inside.

Green Bay's cap situation and organizational philosophy likely will keep it from pursuing an upper-echelon tackle on the free-agent market (even after releasing Charles Woodson), but the Packers could have plenty of acceptable options in the back of the first round. Oklahoma's Lane Johnson and Oregon's Kyle Long are a couple of players with multidimensional backgrounds who could be available that late in the draft. Providing Rodgers the extra second-and-a-half he needs to get back to dominating games would be the biggest improvement Green Bay could make this offseason
Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my pre-combine mock.

1. TRADE OUT OF THE FIRST INTO THE SECOND. WE GET A 2ND, 3RD, 5TH ROUND PICKS

2a. Xavier Rhodes, S, Florida State

2b. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

3a. Kevin Reddick ILB, North Carolina

3b. Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
- I just want this guy in green and gold bad. I LOVE his upside.

4.William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
- A big, long body who could be developed nicely as a 3-4 end.

5a. John Sullen, OG, Auburn

5b. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia

6. Lonnie Pryor, RB/FB, Florida State

7. Aaron Hester, S, UCLA
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Nick Becton, Virginia Tech, had a very nice showing at the Combine today...an experienced lineman who played left tackle this season, worth a late round look

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Really liking this OL group....

Guys that we wont be able to draft in Round 1:
Joeckel, Fisher, Lane Johnson, Warmack, Cooper

Guys that I like (regardless of Round):
Brian Schwenke, David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones, David Bahktiari, Kyle Long, Menelik Watson, Reid Fragel, and Eric Herman
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Really liking this OL group....

Guys that we wont be able to draft in Round 1:
Joeckel, Fisher, Lane Johnson, Warmack, Cooper

Guys that I like (regardless of Round):
Brian Schwenke, David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones, David Bahktiari, Kyle Long, Menelik Watson, Reid Fragel, and Eric Herman
I agree... I am really liking a bunch of these guys in the o-line group.

Lane Johnson
Watson
Long are all players I like.

In my first mock/wishlist I posted I gave us Schwenke in the 4th. I think he may be a 3rd rounder now wathing him. Really like him and Mayock gave him lots of love.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought Watford from JMU looked good too. Not sure where his stock is at the moment.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Thought Watford from JMU looked good too. Not sure where his stock is at the moment.
He did look good....I can't remember an offensive line class that's been this deep and talented at the Combine before

Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if it was Mayock or someone else that commented on the lack of "bad bodies" this year. A lot of these guys look slim at 300+.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I thought the same as well. For some reason I have a good feeling we will get a good O-lineman in the draft. I think TT may have seen the light this season as far as protecting ARod goes.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown. Kansas State. I can't tell you guys how high I am on this guy. I think he's the best 3-4 ILB in the draft and it's not really close. He's basically a better tackling, better character, shorter but stouter version of Ogletree.

Pros; FAST. I think his sideline and closing speed rivals Ogletree. Sure wrap-up and explosive tackler. Fights through blocks. Natural ILB.

Cons; Shorter than you'd like. Looked on the skinny side in college but weighed in as heavy as all the other big name ILBs (Teo, Minter, Ogletree) and looked good at the weight. Didn't have as many splash plays as Teo or Ogletree in college.

I watch this guy on film and he's an exciting player. Obviously Ogletree is off our board due to character concerns and I'd prefer Brown regardless. He's a fantastic run presence who fights through blocks and wraps up when he tackles. Explosive sideline to sideline presence and I think the lack of splash plays is more due to random luck and how he was used; I see a great eye for fumbles and interceptions when I watch him and he looks potentially fantastic as a pass rusher with his closing burst.

I would be shocked and horrified if he was available at our pick and we passed. He's exactly what we need next to Bishop; a sure tackler with fantastic range and athleticism. Have Bishop take on blockers and Brown is a guy who can clean up with a sure tackle. I also think his upside as a blitzer and cover guy on TEs is fantastic; might give up height but so will Minter and Teo yet Brown won't get beat on speed.

I think it's time we move on from Hawk. It's incredibly likely we'll have our pick of all 4 or at least 3 out of 4 of Teo, Ogletree (even if I can't see us picking him,) Minter and Brown. All four have first round grades at our biggest position of need, in my opinion.

Then again, maybe we go safety and take Greene or one of those other four in the second.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I like Arthur Brown but I would prefer Kevin Minter inside.

One player I absolutely want TT to draft is FSU back Lonnie Pryor

Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Arthur Brown but I would prefer Kevin Minter inside.

One player I absolutely want TT to draft is FSU back Lonnie Pryor
I do like Minter but I watch him play and I see LSU talent covering up for his lack of speed and agility (the 4.8 40 sure doesn't dissuade me from that.) Aggressive and savvy ILB, for sure, but he would give us two thumpers in the middle (with Bishop) and I would prefer to see us add a sideline-to-sideline guy. I was also disappointed that he is only 6'0 and for a fairly slow ILB he shies away from taking on blockers too much for my taste; I actually saw a lot more of the smaller and faster Brown attacking and shedding blockers.

I'm not sure what role Pryor would serve for us. He isn't as versatile as Kuhn and while he's probably a slightly better runner, he isn't really much more of a blocker.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote