Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Refs just tossed Lowry for nothing
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit Knicks. Can we make a ******* layup?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing Rudy *** and Melo both play like **** is so tremendously heartwarming.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-23

really ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raps are just showing off now.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo has been horrific tonight. Should've sent em to H town early.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh, so when Melo doesn't carry the Knicks offensively, they lose? LOOK HOW SHOCKED I AM.

Also, nets beat the Nuggets. i love it when Joe Johnson does Joe Johnson things again
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudy *** has been terrible on O but he has played great D all game. Love the team with him on it.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#RapsIn2013

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh, so when Melo doesn't carry the Knicks offensively, they lose? LOOK HOW SHOCKED I AM.

Also, nets beat the Nuggets. i love it when Joe Johnson does Joe Johnson things again
Ummm, you mean when Melo is offensively bad on offense he costs his team the game? Yeah, that's the same thing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ummm, you mean when Melo is offensively bad on offense he costs his team the game? Yeah, that's the same thing.
5-2 since we've acquired him, including two game winners.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WHERE WAS SUPER STAR OFFENSIVE TALENT TYSON CHANDLER?

WHY DIDN'T HE SAVE THE KNICKS AGAINST THE MIGHTY RAPTORS?

when Melo's doesn't score, the Knicks are toasty toast.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
5-2 since we've acquired him, including two game winners.
Correlation not causation.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Alan Anderson is just that guy.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I agree with you on Melo as a player. You're missing Brody's point for this particular game though. Melo definitely lost the game for the Knicks due to the number of shots he took. Even if they had the ability, nobody else could've carried the offense because they wouldn't get enough looks.

Now, do I care that Melo took 25. No, not really.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

No, they aren't. When he plays like utter garbage and hurts them on offense by taking 24 shots, they lose. This is honestly the dumbest ******* way to look at your argument.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
No, they aren't. When he plays like utter garbage and hurts them on offense by taking 24 shots, they lose. This is honestly the dumbest ******* way to look at your argument.
I already took care of it, brody. Settle down.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody said Rudy Cool wouldn't make the Raptors better (well maybe Brody I dunno). When you don't consider his contract he's definitely a talented guy (although inefficient). The problem is that he makes them an average to above average team at best with little room for growth due to their contract situation. You can say that big name FAs were never going to Toronto, but cap flexibility gives a great deal of roster flexibility outside of simply signing FAs
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ok, but melo's been taking that many shots all year. When he's making them and putting up 30 and carrying the knicks, it's all peachy (except for Brody's knock on his effeciency, which is quite valid, but still)

You can have a guy go 5-24 and still win if the other guys step up.

Also, melo shoots that much because no one else can/will score. when you're 2nd best scorer is JR "chucker" Smith off the bench, you've got problems
Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, Cool clearly makes them better, but the trade still wasn't worse sacrificing the cap room. Even if you can't get a huge free agent, being able to take on short term terrible contracts can allow you to clean up on 1st round picks and you can try and get a true #1 stud (Cool is maybe a #3 on a title contender - I say maybe not due to talent but because he'd need to shoot a helluva lot less/stop taking horrific shots) through the draft.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I don't think he makes them better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
ok, but melo's been taking that many shots all year. When he's making them and putting up 30 and carrying the knicks, it's all peachy (except for Brody's knock on his effeciency, which is quite valid, but still)

You can have a guy go 5-24 and still win if the other guys step up.

Also, melo shoots that much because no one else can/will score. when you're 2nd best scorer is JR "chucker" Smith off the bench, you've got problems
I agree with this. No problem with Melo taking the shots. He's not really inefficient in general though....he's fine. His TS% isn't bad at all. He's not an efficiency beast, but he also has to be "the guy" anytime he's on the floor.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, Cool clearly makes them better, but the trade still wasn't worse sacrificing the cap room. Even if you can't get a huge free agent, being able to take on short term terrible contracts can allow you to clean up on 1st round picks and you can try and get a true #1 stud (Cool is maybe a #3 on a title contender - I say maybe not due to talent but because he'd need to shoot a helluva lot less/stop taking horrific shots) through the draft.
Exactly, cap flexibility allows you to do so many things and to take advantage of teams in difficult cap situations. Top that with the fact that it will become even more important as the new CBA is implemented.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

volume shooter. volume shooter. volume shooter.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't think he makes them better.
This will be interesting because I know you and I like us some Jose Calderon.....who is better, Calderon or Cool?