Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Bautista is in favor of harsher penalties for drug users. I agree, even though my favorite player ever got caught.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm shocked at that Trout news.
It's misleading. His listed weight last year was 210 lbs because he showed up to camp having suffered a bad flu bug that caused him to lose weight. He usually plays around 220-225 lbs. It won't be hard for him to go from 240 to 225 lbs from here through the start of the season

dude looks like an NFL LBer right now at 6'1 240 lbs
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
It's misleading. His listed weight last year was 210 lbs because he showed up to camp having suffered a bad flu bug that caused him to lose weight. He usually plays around 220-225 lbs. It won't be hard for him to go from 240 to 225 lbs from here through the start of the season

dude looks like an NFL LBer right now at 6'1 240 lbs
Usually players come into camp without having to trim weight though. I saw him interviewed last night and he certainly did look pudgier. I'm just shocked that someone with his work ethic and passion for the game would come into camp having to cut weight. I don't think it's going to affect anything he does this year though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, we just had Hamilton a few days ago saying he used to come to camp around 245 lbs and then would lose the weight gearing up for the season with Texas. Might be a bit more common than we think

dude definitely needs to sweat off the pounds though. He still has his speed that he needs to utilize. When he gets older and the speed diminishes, then he can get fat/stronger and hit more bombs rather than steal bases
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know, we just had Hamilton a few days ago saying he used to come to camp around 245 lbs and then would lose the weight gearing up for the season with Texas. Might be a bit more common than we think

dude definitely needs to sweat off the pounds though. He still has his speed that he needs to utilize. When he gets older and the speed diminishes, then he can get fat/stronger and hit more bombs rather than steal bases
All I know is the Angels won't get past the Rangers again. I don't care how much money they spend. I predict injuries will hit them HARD.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolten Wong or Matt Carpenter. Wonder who gets the starting gig for St. Louis. My Money is on Wong, Carp is better utilized as a "super" sub.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Go Phillies.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
What happened to Matt Adams? Wasn't he supposed to be really good or something?
He's an a top 10-15 prospect in the organization. Best suited probably for DH, So I think the Cards eventually trade him away. Probably get you 20-25 homers. Can play 1st base but that's occupied by Allen Craig.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Upton came to camp last year at the same weight and never returned to normal

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Lance Lynn comes into spring training weighing 235. He played at 280 last year. Holy ****
Old 02-15-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Kolten Wong or Matt Carpenter. Wonder who gets the starting gig for St. Louis. My Money is on Wong, Carp is better utilized as a "super" sub.
My money is on the Hawaii guy. ;)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All I know is the Angels won't get past the Rangers again. I don't care how much money they spend. I predict injuries will hit them HARD.
Yeah you wish
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah you wish
yea i do wish. man it sucks being your division rival. lol
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

At least you aren't an Astros fan

seriously though, the division is better like this. Mid 2000's the Halos won with little resistance from anybody. Now, Texas and Oakland are threats, and Seattle at least has a good farm to build off of going forward
Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mat Gamel is likely out for the year...time for him to retire from baseball

Hunter Morris is the favorite to play first base now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Mat Gamel is likely out for the year...time for him to retire from baseball

Hunter Morris is the favorite to play first base now
He's still getting a couple hundred thousand to sit at home, isn't he. Why the hell would you retire from that?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
He's still getting a couple hundred thousand to sit at home, isn't he. Why the hell would you retire from that?
I was being facetious.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reds are trying Choo to CF

lolz

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Reds are trying Choo to CF

lolz
Are you just now realizing this?
Is Canada moving in reverse?

We have a tiny ball park.
He doesn't have to play great defense. Just get on base enough for Joey.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my god our pitching is going to be so bad :(

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cubs announced that they have traded outfielder Tony Campana to the Diamondbacks in exchange for minor league right-handed pitchers Erick Leal and Jesus Castillo.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...y-campana.html

Should be a good pinch runner/defensive replacement. Probably means Hinske won't make the team now

Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Towers never fails to supply the lolz.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

trading nothing for nothing is lol worthy?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
trading nothing for nothing is lol worthy?
When one of the nothings was just DFA'd and is taking up a spot on the 40 man roster in addition to costing two rookie ball pitchers.....it's a little lolworthy. As a Cubs fan I'm happy to get 2 minor players for someone that wasn't gonna be on the team anyway (though, TBH, there are a couple of other guys that I'd have rather DFA'd). And I'm thrilled that the phonelines between Towers and Theo are open because Towers is the type of GM that randomly sours on his best young players for no good reason.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I agree with the Pirates extending Hurdle right now.