Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mayock Comments on Prospects

NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft. Warmack is also Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris' top-rated 2013 player.

Quote:
Syracuse T/G Justin Pugh's tape is first-round quality, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper added that at worst, Pugh will be an early second-rounder. Pugh's arm length will be a big question throughout the process, but he does his best work in close quarters, fighting with defenders with a punch and latch near his body. After playing left tackle at Syracuse, a guard conversion is a realistic possibility.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.

"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on the Rich Eisen Podcast that he believes the 2013 NFL Draft is as deep as it's ever been, but short on "explosive difference makers" at the top.

"I think we've got more depth for the first three rounds than maybe anytime you and I have ever done the draft," Mayock told Eisen. "But I'm not seeing the difference makers at the top end. Every year, we've had a quarterback or a Von Miller. I'm not seeing the explosive difference makers at the top end of this draft and I'm not sure that the fifth pick is that much better than the 20th pick. Or the 30th pick. The good news is I think there's a lot of depth here. And there are a lot of really good football players."

Quote:
Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah writes Purdue DT Kawann Short is "very likely to get picked in the middle-to-late portion of the first-round."

"Short was a dominating force at the Senior Bowl, where his combination of size, strength and quickness certainly caught the attention of the scouting community," says Jeremiah. "He has the tools to play in either front." The Boilermaker's foot quickness for his size really stands out at times.

Quote:
Some teams Daniel Jeremiah has spoken with feel Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins is more likely to go at the top of the second-round than in the first.

Jeremiah himself gave Hankins a late first-round grade, similar to our evaluation. "Hankins has excellent functional strength and should fit in very nicely as a 3-4 defensive end at the next level," Jeremiah writes. "As a pass rusher, he relies almost solely on power to push the pocket."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Stanford TE Zach Ertz could be drafted ahead of Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert.

Mayock acknowledged that Eifert is "pretty special" and will likely be a first-round pick. Referring to Stanford, Mayock opined "They've got their own tight end who could go ahead of Tyler Eifert, in Zach Ertz. He's 6'6"-plus, runs well, catches. They're the top two tight ends I saw personally and probably the top two tight ends on anybody's board."

Last edited by JohnCandy : 02-15-2013 at 10:46 PM.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote