Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mayock Comments on Prospects

NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft. Warmack is also Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris' top-rated 2013 player.

Quote:
Syracuse T/G Justin Pugh's tape is first-round quality, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper added that at worst, Pugh will be an early second-rounder. Pugh's arm length will be a big question throughout the process, but he does his best work in close quarters, fighting with defenders with a punch and latch near his body. After playing left tackle at Syracuse, a guard conversion is a realistic possibility.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.

"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on the Rich Eisen Podcast that he believes the 2013 NFL Draft is as deep as it's ever been, but short on "explosive difference makers" at the top.

"I think we've got more depth for the first three rounds than maybe anytime you and I have ever done the draft," Mayock told Eisen. "But I'm not seeing the difference makers at the top end. Every year, we've had a quarterback or a Von Miller. I'm not seeing the explosive difference makers at the top end of this draft and I'm not sure that the fifth pick is that much better than the 20th pick. Or the 30th pick. The good news is I think there's a lot of depth here. And there are a lot of really good football players."

Quote:
Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah writes Purdue DT Kawann Short is "very likely to get picked in the middle-to-late portion of the first-round."

"Short was a dominating force at the Senior Bowl, where his combination of size, strength and quickness certainly caught the attention of the scouting community," says Jeremiah. "He has the tools to play in either front." The Boilermaker's foot quickness for his size really stands out at times.

Quote:
Some teams Daniel Jeremiah has spoken with feel Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins is more likely to go at the top of the second-round than in the first.

Jeremiah himself gave Hankins a late first-round grade, similar to our evaluation. "Hankins has excellent functional strength and should fit in very nicely as a 3-4 defensive end at the next level," Jeremiah writes. "As a pass rusher, he relies almost solely on power to push the pocket."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Stanford TE Zach Ertz could be drafted ahead of Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert.

Mayock acknowledged that Eifert is "pretty special" and will likely be a first-round pick. Referring to Stanford, Mayock opined "They've got their own tight end who could go ahead of Tyler Eifert, in Zach Ertz. He's 6'6"-plus, runs well, catches. They're the top two tight ends I saw personally and probably the top two tight ends on anybody's board."

Last edited by JohnCandy : 02-15-2013 at 11:46 PM.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because of the underclassmen, this wide receiver class is loaded. The quarterbacks are close to awful, yes. But I love Patterson, Hunter, Allen, Hopkins, Bailey, and Austin as 1st round types. I know Hunter won't get drafted that high, and Bailey might not either, but I see something special out of both of those guys.

Then you tons of quality guys after that who can fit certain roles. Woods, Patton, Swope, Terrance Williams (heard bad things about his practice habits, but talented), Dobson, Wheaton. Plenty of solid 3rd day talent after that too.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft. Warmack is also Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris' top-rated 2013 player.

Quote:
Syracuse T/G Justin Pugh's tape is first-round quality, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper added that at worst, Pugh will be an early second-rounder. Pugh's arm length will be a big question throughout the process, but he does his best work in close quarters, fighting with defenders with a punch and latch near his body. After playing left tackle at Syracuse, a guard conversion is a realistic possibility.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.

"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on the Rich Eisen Podcast that he believes the 2013 NFL Draft is as deep as it's ever been, but short on "explosive difference makers" at the top.

"I think we've got more depth for the first three rounds than maybe anytime you and I have ever done the draft," Mayock told Eisen. "But I'm not seeing the difference makers at the top end. Every year, we've had a quarterback or a Von Miller. I'm not seeing the explosive difference makers at the top end of this draft and I'm not sure that the fifth pick is that much better than the 20th pick. Or the 30th pick. The good news is I think there's a lot of depth here. And there are a lot of really good football players."

Quote:
Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah writes Purdue DT Kawann Short is "very likely to get picked in the middle-to-late portion of the first-round."

"Short was a dominating force at the Senior Bowl, where his combination of size, strength and quickness certainly caught the attention of the scouting community," says Jeremiah. "He has the tools to play in either front." The Boilermaker's foot quickness for his size really stands out at times.

Quote:
Some teams Daniel Jeremiah has spoken with feel Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins is more likely to go at the top of the second-round than in the first.

Jeremiah himself gave Hankins a late first-round grade, similar to our evaluation. "Hankins has excellent functional strength and should fit in very nicely as a 3-4 defensive end at the next level," Jeremiah writes. "As a pass rusher, he relies almost solely on power to push the pocket."

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Stanford TE Zach Ertz could be drafted ahead of Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert.

Mayock acknowledged that Eifert is "pretty special" and will likely be a first-round pick. Referring to Stanford, Mayock opined "They've got their own tight end who could go ahead of Tyler Eifert, in Zach Ertz. He's 6'6"-plus, runs well, catches. They're the top two tight ends I saw personally and probably the top two tight ends on anybody's board."
Hmm. How's my prediction about Patterson looking now?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Hmm. How's my prediction about Patterson looking now?
Well a broken clock is right twice a day wouldn't you say. Seriously, i like Mayock's material. He isn't always spot on but i think he's certainly the best that comes out of NFLN.

He may be close on his prediction of Warmack but my guess is his last impression of the Bama guard bulldozing Teo and co. probably has more to do with it. Add to that he could be the top ranked player but position makes a huge differance in where guys get picked.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Well a broken clock is right twice a day wouldn't you say. Seriously, i like Mayock's material. He isn't always spot on but i think he's certainly the best that comes out of NFLN.

He may be close on his prediction of Warmack but my guess is his last impression of the Bama guard bulldozing Teo and co. probably has more to do with it. Add to that he could be the top ranked player but position makes a huge differance in where guys get picked.
So, I'm the broken clock?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
So, I'm the broken clock?
I only kid with people i like, remember that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Quote:

Don't agree - feel his strength is going to be at the 0 or 1 technique spot - came ailve when he played there. Often as a hybrid 3-4 DE for the Buckeyes and didn't look as good.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Don't agree - feel his strength is going to be at the 0 or 1 technique spot - came ailve when he played there. Often as a hybrid 3-4 DE for the Buckeyes and didn't look as good.
I would have to agree with you there, but either way Hankins is a one-dimensional run stuffer. I could see a couple of teams in need of an anchor in the middle getting him in the first round, but I think he could be closer to a second-rd pick at this point.

I pretty much agree with just about everything else in the article, though I do think Eifert will still get picked ahead of Ertz.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patterson is getting overrated. He's a great athlete but he isn't a great receiver. He has a problem holding onto the football. I'd take him in the 25-40 range, certainly not top 10 like some people think he'll go.

Also, if Mike Mayock "haven't seen any really explosive difference makers" he obviously hasn't looked at Tavon Austin.
holt_bruce81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I only kid with people i like, remember that.
Okay, just checking.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
coCANES17
Rookie

coCANES17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey John, could you copy and paste some more updates from Rotoworld for us?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Patterson is getting overrated. He's a great athlete but he isn't a great receiver. He has a problem holding onto the football. I'd take him in the 25-40 range, certainly not top 10 like some people think he'll go.

Also, if Mike Mayock "haven't seen any really explosive difference makers" he obviously hasn't looked at Tavon Austin.
I think your right that Patterson is extremely raw.

But the guy is a true junior who spent two years at a JC. It's not suprising that he isn't a finished product. If he was a finished prospect with his athleticism, he be right up Julio Jones, AJ Green and Calvin Johnson in terms of draft grade.

Troy Williamson went #7 and Darius Heyward Bey went #8. It's a WR class that lacks a top guy and Patterson will benefit from that.

I think he ends up a top 15 pick.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Yeah, Mayock is off here. Hankins will excel on the inside, with the ability to rotate outside if need be.

And his fawning about Patterson is ridiculous. Nowhere there does he mention anything about hands, blocking, route running, etc... Skills that are much more important than the difference between big and fast and average sized and kinda fast.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000139744/

TIGHT END
1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
2. Zach Ertz, Stanford
3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
5. Jordan Reed, Florida

CENTER
1. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
2. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Barrett Jones, Alabama
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

GUARD
1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Larry Warford, Kentucky
4. Kyle Long, Oregon
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

TACKLE
1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yeah, Mayock is off here. Hankins will excel on the inside, with the ability to rotate outside if need be.

And his fawning about Patterson is ridiculous. Nowhere there does he mention anything about hands, blocking, route running, etc... Skills that are much more important than the difference between big and fast and average sized and kinda fast.
Patterson's no doubt raw, but he has a natural explosiveness that arguably no other WR in this draft has. He's phenomenal with the ball in his hands.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock Pre-combine position rankings for 2013 NFL Draft

Quarterback

1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Running Back

1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama
2. Montee Ball, Wisconsin
3. Andre Ellington, Clemson
4. Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Wide Receiver

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, Cal
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Tight End

1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
2. Zach Ertz, Stanford
3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
5. Jordan Reed, Florida

Center

1. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
2. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Barrett Jones, Alabama
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Guard

1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Larry Warford, Kentucky
4. Kyle Long, Oregon
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

Tackle

1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

Defensive End

1. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
2. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
3. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
T-5. Datone Jones, UCLA
T-5. Margus Hunt, SMU

Defensive Tackle

1. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
2. Star Lotulelei, Utah
3. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
4. Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
T-5. Kawann Short, Purdue
T-5. Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

Outside linebacker

1. Dion Jordan, Oregon
2. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
3. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
4. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
5. Arthur Brown, Kansas State

Inside Linebacker

1. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
3. Kevin Minter, LSU
4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
5. Kiko Alonso, Oregon

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Safety

1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame
as much as i loved motta this season i really dont think he is the 5th best safety. He has made huge strides but still.

although i guess mayock has seen more film on motta than anyone else given his season-job

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Mayocks center rankings are interesting as he seems very high on Frederick, which I agree with, but Barrett Jones is lower than I would have thought, perhaps it is a health issue?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones' health is concerning. 4 injuries in college IIRC.

Frederick should be listed at G though, he won't play C in the NFL at 340.

Schwenke is an interesting player. Could be a steal in the 3rd or so
Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock definitely seems to be taking injury history/potential into consideration with these rankings. He has Tyler Wilson outside of the Top 5 with Landry Jones ahead of him. I don't think Tyler Wilson is a guy teams should be considering before late round 3 due to his concussions. If you need a younger backup QB who probably isn't going to play much, he's a good option.

Last edited by nepg : 02-16-2013 at 11:55 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time not putting UCLA Joseph Fauria in the top 5.
Mizzou OLB Zaviar Gooden should be on that list instead of Mingo. IMO he would be if we separate OLBs on base scheme(34/43).

I still like Dion Jordan as a prospect, but he's being overrated at this point.
Who really thinks Sharif Floyd is a better DT prospect than Star??

I feel like a sucker commenting on these 'preliminary' lists, since I think early in the draft process some of these names are compiled to be slightly controversial and stir debate.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

I think in the end, Star goes below Floyd and possibly Richardson. I'm starting to think Star to Carolina. Combine will be key though. If he's in shape and tests well athletically, he could cement his higher ranking. Its close between those 3 though, closer than its made out to be by many.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I think in the end, Star goes below Floyd and possibly Richardson. I'm starting to think Star to Carolina. Combine will be key though. If he's in shape and tests well athletically, he could cement his higher ranking. Its close between those 3 though, closer than its made out to be by many.
Star would not make it past Tampa IF that were to occur.

However, Star is too good. He will not drop that far.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes is the best CB in this draft. He's tons better than Milliner. Just from watching the two, Milliner benefited from a lot of Zone coverage.

No QB even wanted to look Rhodes way and he was in press man and faced some better WR talent throughout his 3 years at FSU. I think with Rhodes, you can stick him on any teams #1 WR and he'll match up with them.

I hope he's tampa's selection at 13.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rankings thoughts:

Quarterback
I'm pretty low on Nassib - no way he makes my top 5. I'd rather see Landry move up a spot and see Wilson or Bray there.

Running Back
I think Bernard has been overrated - I've seen some say he's the #1 back, but I don't even think he's a top 5. Mayock seems to downgrade based on injuries, but Lattimore makes the top 5? Don't get that one... Le'Veon Bell, Jawan Jamison, and Mike Gillislee are three that could've made it in his place.

Tight End
Vance McDonald anyone?

Center
I've got Schwenke at Guard - Frederick may have to move to Guard as well. Frederick, Jones, and Holmes to me are the only 3 centers worth a damn in the entire draft.

Tackle
Is Pugh a tackle or a guard? I've been kind of torn on that question.

Defensive Tackle
Ballsy move with Floyd ahead of Star - but it's a move I can get behind. There's very little separation between the two (and possibly Sheldon Richardson as well). All 3 are top 10 caliber IMO.

Outside linebacker

No f'n way is Mingo behind Greene. In fact, I like Mingo #1.
Cornerback
Jordan Poyer doesn't deserve to be on the list - and where's Wreh-Wilson?!

Safety
Motta is about 10 spots ahead of where he should be ranked. Shawn Williams, T. Jefferson, DJ Swearinger all deserve mention over him.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote