Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've heard pretty bad things about the iOS gmail app, which is probably honestly 90% of what I use my phone for. I have multiple email addresses for work that run on google apps and I have a personal gmail account, so gmail for Android is a real life saver.
I have no problems with it at all. It was poor but they updated it and now it's fine. Just like androids one.

The mail app that comes with the iPhone is the best though. I use that. It's great for multiple addresses and is the cleanest email app I've used on both platforms.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get my Droid Razr HD in the mail tomorrow. So ill be joining in on this thread for some guidance. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have no problems with it at all. It was poor but they updated it and now it's fine. Just like androids one.

The mail app that comes with the iPhone is the best though. I use that. It's great for multiple addresses and is the cleanest email app I've used on both platforms.
I'll have to check this out the next time I find somebody who'll let me play with their iPhone.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I actually hate the mail app for the iPhone. It's not flexible enough for me and doesn't allow for a lot of the things I like to do in terms of labeling and such. Pls I just don't like the design. I much prefer the gmail app since it's been updated.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I actually hate the mail app for the iPhone. It's not flexible enough for me and doesn't allow for a lot of the things I like to do in terms of labeling and such. Pls I just don't like the design. I much prefer the gmail app since it's been updated.
I guess it depends on your preference then. I like how they format emails on the mail app. The sky blue is ugly, I don't like how it looks from that sense, but I like how I can link all my email accounts together and just refresh all inboxes on the mail app and everything is right there.

Maybe I'm used to it now bc in the beginning the gmail app was awful and I just used the mail app instead and got used to it? That's entirely possible.

But the gmail app is fine now. So it's just preference.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it just depends on preference I suppose. I've actually had a few issues with my iPhone which I haven't been happy about. It's a good phone, but it's not a 24/7 jerk fest that everyone with an iPhone makes it to be.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Btw, don't buy your accessories from apple. Complete rip off. I got a car charger, another wall charger and 2 USB chargers and a lightning converter all for 13 bucks including shipping.

Gotta love the bootleggers.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it just depends on preference I suppose. I've actually had a few issues with my iPhone which I haven't been happy about. It's a good phone, but it's not a 24/7 jerk fest that everyone with an iPhone makes it to be.
*Gasp*

You don't say!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's lying to you. It so is. It. So. Is.

Honestly there is practically no difference btw smartphones anymore other than screen size and speed.

I don't care for big screens so I went with the faster phone. Speed and reliability are my main criteria.

But seriously they're all the same ****.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F that hardware keyboard for life. I just wish they would make a giant phone combining the Note 2 with a slider keyboard and a big ol battery. I would love a huge brick phone like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like the iPhone design but hate apple? Get a new HTC ONE

Quote:
Earlier this week, HTC placed a countdown clock on its site, with reference to the company's event taking place in New York City on February 19. Unless we're way off base here, HTC is expected to unveil its new flagship One phone on the same day. Some new details on the device leaked today, courtesy of HTC Source (via Mashable), and it certainly appears the new HTC One has more in common with the iPhone 5 than just looks.

Earlier this week, HTC placed a countdown clock on its site, with reference to the company's event taking place in New York City on February 19. Unless we're way off base here, HTC is expected to unveil its new flagship One phone on the same day. Some new details on the device leaked today, courtesy of HTC Source (via Mashable), and it certainly appears the new HTC One has more in common with the iPhone 5 than just looks.

A "trusted source" has informed HTC Source that the new flagship smartphone will debut as the HTC One in the U.S., but will keep the previously rumored HTC M7 moniker in Europe. The device will reportedly launch stateside on March 22 with a 32GB model ($199) and a 64GB model ($299). Those prices -- assuming a 2-year contract -- are in-sync with Apple's iPhone 5. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint are all mentioned as U.S. carriers.

The HTC M7 will allegedly launch on March 8 in Europe, with a price-tag of 649 (outside of a carrier contract, presumably). The source also reports the HTC One will feature a metal backplate and stereo speakers. Both models are available in a black or white finish. Prior rumors claimed the device features a 4.7-inch screen and a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon.
Picture of said phone

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15...details-emerge
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two apps I have recently installed for Jelly Bean.

Dash Clock, changes the clock to remove the the weird big number and also changes the format to show weather, gmail, messages, etc. It's great and simple.

SwiftKeyFlow Beta. It is the best swype like input there is. It is really amazing.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Two apps I have recently installed for Jelly Bean.

Dash Clock, changes the clock to remove the the weird big number and also changes the format to show weather, gmail, messages, etc. It's great and simple.

SwiftKeyFlow Beta. It is the best swype like input there is. It is really amazing.
I hate that my Galaxy Nexus has been **** on by Verizon... It is a "Nexus" phone with none of the perks. Next one I buy is coming directly from Google.

The reason I say this is because I was so excited for Dash Clock when I saw it but my phone hasn't gotten the latest update... EFFF YOU VERIZON!!!

On a separate but related note the Nexus 5 is rumored for May with Key Lime Pie! Call me excited!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I hate that my Galaxy Nexus has been **** on by Verizon... It is a "Nexus" phone with none of the perks. Next one I buy is coming directly from Google.

The reason I say this is because I was so excited for Dash Clock when I saw it but my phone hasn't gotten the latest update... EFFF YOU VERIZON!!!

On a separate but related note the Nexus 5 is rumored for May with Key Lime Pie! Call me excited!
Aren't updates for phone OS' distributed through the phone manufacturers discretion?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Aren't updates for phone OS' distributed through the phone manufacturers discretion?
Its a combination of both... but the other Samsung Nexus was getting updates for Sprint and ATT promptly but the next Samsung Nexus comes to Verizon and we are 6+ months behind.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's rumored to make the next nexus? I heard it would be Motorola

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Looks to be LG again.

http://www.autoomobile.com/news/goog...pecs/10014115/
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Gross. Motorola is lame. Samsung is by far the best maker of smart phones for Android.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Gross. Motorola is lame. Samsung is by far the best maker of smart phones for Android.
Google owns Motorola's Wireless division... It would be far from ****** I could almost guarantee that.

With that said I cannot wait for the day that Asus starts blasting out quality phones.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

They do own Moto but I still have no faith.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They do own Moto but I still have no faith.
To each their own... but Moto was one of the best years ago and with Google at the helm I could easily see them challenging the other top manufacturers.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm somewhat surprised that Motorolla has fallen behind. I blame the fact that they're always slave to a bigger company and their products aren't necessarily out competing on the open market. They used to make the best CPUs for computers, but were prevented from expanding their market because of their relationship with Apple. Now they're completely out of that market.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, after a huge cluster **** I cut my line with Sprint under the family plan I was in. I was going to get an S3 but decided I wanted to wait for the S4 to come out late this year and choose between the S4 and the Note 2 at that time. So I had my S2 flashed with Boost so I can go month to month and cancel it when I'm ready to move on.

Well, they told me they couldn't flash my S2 with my JB rom so they sent it back to stock. At first the 3G was really spotty...not working more often than not, finally I think I solved that and it's been pretty consistent now. But my MMS doesn't work for **** and they gave me ICS which is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. I would have much rather had GB.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sprint vs T-mobile?

Also I'm going to have a tough choice between HTC One, S4, abs Nexus 5
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Now...I'd say T-mobile...in the near future I'd say Sprint.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: