Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Overrated FAs that will get PAID (Dashon Goldson edition!)

Name your list of guys who will paid big yet flop big and not meet the contract expectations:

Mine are:
- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie CB
- Sean Smith CB
- Dashon Gholdson FS
- Cliff Avril DE
- Jared Cook TE
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson is not overrated.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure Mike Wallace would be high on my list and I think the Browns will be the one to pay him haha

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I don't think he's an all pro safety. Dude was exposed in coverage in the playoffs, ALL DAY. Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore all tore him up.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gholdston is overrated. That entire SF secondary is. They live and die with their front 7.

I don't think Sean Smith is overrated though.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond Bryant from the Raiders seems to be getting way more love than he deserves. Analysts are beginning to talk about him as a bright spot on the Raiders defensive line last year. I have news for everyone--the Raiders defensive line is exactly what everyone thought 6 weeks ago. There was no bright spot. Bryant would be highly successful if he was expected to be the first lineman off the bench--go at 'em with high intensity for a few plays and then let someone else in. He is not an everydown player and he is not a key cog for a defensive line.

This guy is the guy who was on the field for nearly every big run the Raiders gave up last year--right there in the middle of the line. And he was a big part of it because he attacks downfield so much he gives up gap integrity.

If he gets anything in the top 10 or 15 contracts for defensive tackles, this guy is going to get overpaid.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS. He may or may not be in the top 5 so I wouldn't say he is overrated at all. I think you would be hard pressed to name 10 Free Safeties that are better, I think you might have a hard time naming 10 safeties period that are better than him.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS. He may or may not be in the top 5 so I wouldn't say he is overrated at all. I think you would be hard pressed to name 10 Free Safeties that are better, I think you might have a hard time naming 10 safeties period that are better than him.
Just because he might be a top 10 FS, doesn't mean he's actually a great FS. This guy makes big hits, but wow, was he exposed in coverage. Hes definately, not a top 10 OVERALL Safety.

Also, don't care about spelling here pal. Has nothing to do with the actual point I'm making. You want to pay a guy 8-10 mil a year who's not very good in coverage? So be it. NOT Worth it. Overpaid.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS.
If FS stands for homophobe, I totally agree.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. The guy correcting everyone on the spelling gets the spelling wrong too.

And no. He's not a top 10 safety. He struggles greatly in coverage.

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

Those are just off the top of my head. Heck I might even take Michael Huff over him.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Cliff Avril wants Mario Williams type money. 7 of his 9.5 sacks this year came against Chicago, Indy, Green Bay and St Louis. 4 teams with o-line issues.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wallace
Wes Welker- Only if he is out of New England System
Michael Johnson
Cliff Avril
Aquib Talib
Dashon Goldson

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If FS stands for homophobe, I totally agree.
I think you're thinking of Chris Culver.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

Those are just off the top of my head. Heck I might even take Michael Huff over him.
You forgot William Moore and Adrian Wilson

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You forgot William Moore and Adrian Wilson
Troy Palamalu. He plays all over the field.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Coming from a guy that has seen every game of his professional career Dashon is a great player when he is in the right situation. When he isn't he really struggles and his aggressiveness is used against him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevie Brown. He was in the right place at the right time all year long and now people think he should be a starting safety which is laughable. He will get paid way more than he deserves to start somewhere and will fall flat on his face

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread was made for Cary Williams. Paul Kruger might get overpaid quite a bit too depending on what role he would be expected to take with his new team.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

1) He said top 10 FS. He clearly is that.

2) Most of these safeties you listed have problems of their own. Charles Woodson didn't play well last season before injury. Kam Chancellor gets beat often in coverage. Kenny Phillips is good but overrated, Michael Griffin is overrated "whiffen"
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't think Sean Smith is overrated though.
Because everybody already knows he sucks? Or....?

He graded out as one of the worst 5 CBs in nearly every category last season
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Pretty sure Mike Wallace would be high on my list and I think the Browns will be the one to pay him haha
I think he'll be a Bengal
Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
1) He said top 10 FS. He clearly is that.

2) Most of these safeties you listed have problems of their own. Charles Woodson didn't play well last season before injury. Kam Chancellor gets beat often in coverage. Kenny Phillips is good but overrated, Michael Griffin is overrated "whiffen"
"Kenny Phillips is good, but overrated". How does that even make sense? He's still a top 10 FS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson is going to get overpaid. He won't get loads, but what he does get will most likely be too much.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
"Kenny Phillips is good, but overrated". How does that even make sense? He's still a top 10 FS...

Well, ya see. Sometimes a player can be good, but people think he's way better than he is. This is the case with Phillips.

He's still getting by as a 1st round pick, his play really doesn't warrant where people would rank him in terms of how good he is.

And i'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is primarily a SS
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

Well, ya see. Sometimes a player can be good, but people think he's way better than he is. This is the case with Phillips.

He's still getting by as a 1st round pick, his play really doesn't warrant where people would rank him in terms of how good he is.

And i'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is primarily a SS
see all of this is hilarious, wrong and irrelevant.

But no, I've only watched all of KP's career and the Giants D is night and day without him and his play CLEARLY is overrated and he's living off the hype of being a first rounder...(pick 32 might I add). But, you can continue being wrong. And the Giants flip responsibilities with our safeties, so we're a bit odd in the labeling of which they play, but KP plays deep and has more FS jobs.

Also, he can still be "overrated' if you feel, but is still a top 10 FS in the league, regardless if you feel he's living off his 1st round pick status.

The only argument you have for him being overrated is his injury, and you didn't even use that, so the amount of wrong is pretty high up there with your perception of Kenny Phillips
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote