Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Also being 6'7" will concern some coaches. It may be stupid, but the second best QB at 6'6" or bigger might be Derek Anderson... of all time. Yeah, there have been virtually no QBs at 6'6" or bigger to really be successful. Flacco is a freak in a league full of freaks.
I think a little too much is being made of this.

Flacco 6063
Glennon 6064
Freeman 6056
Mallett 6066
Schaub 6055

To me, an inch isn't much of a difference. It's all about how they play. To me, Mike Glennon isn't any more special than Brock Osweiler
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
I don't think Fish and Snead care what the prior regime did as far as picks in the D line. If they think that a Short or Sheldon Richardson are worth it they will make the pick.

We are talking about Jeff Fisher after all...

BTW an OLB makes perfect sense, especially in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rams look for an Arthur Brown or Kaseem Greene. Both guys would fit our system well.

WHAT SAY YE?
I'd say they have more pressing needs than d-line, which is already very good. I will defer to Rams fans that are more up on what they need than i do.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ej manuel will test well
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there is any way Jordan comes in at 255. He finished the season at 226. I think 240 would be a good starting point for him.

Jeff Fisher has taken several defensive linemen in the first round, and never taken an offensive lineman in the first round. Just because the need seems obvious to everyone doesn't mean that is the direction we will go. And both he and Snead love drafting high ceiling players. Does this mean they won't take an OL? No...if Warmack or Johnson are there at #16 they may be hard-pressed not to take them. But I think they will take the BPA. I also think they trade out of the first round with one of their picks if they can get a 2014 1st rounder out of the deal.

I honestly haven't seen what the hype around Khaseeme Greene is. Maybe he is a great player with fantastic instincts, etc, but he certainly doesn't look to be a great athlete from what I have seen, which I admit has been limited. He certainly didn't look fast or explosive in the Senior Bowl, while both Zaviar Gooden and Arthur Brown did. I think Greene definitely needs to run well at the combine.

Jonathan Cyprien has been shooting up draft boards. Running anything under 4.5 would solidify his stock.

Chris Harper has showed that runs great routes, has excellent hands, and makes plays at crucial times, especially on 3rd downs. But he doesn't have great speed. I think anything under a 4.6 helps him a lot.

There were great expectations on Margus Hunt going into the Senor Bowl, and he was miserably disappointing. He is tall, long, super strong, but opinion on him has dwindled a lot. If he runs in the 4.7's, jumps 36" and benches 30 reps at his length then the Dontari Poe effect could go into full swing.

If Desmond Trufant runs below a 4.45 he will solidify his stock in the late 1st/early 2nd range.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post

Jeff Fisher has taken several defensive linemen in the first round, and never taken an offensive lineman in the first round. Just because the need seems obvious to everyone doesn't mean that is the direction we will go. And both he and Snead love drafting high ceiling players. Does this mean they won't take an OL? No...if Warmack or Johnson are there at #16 they may be hard-pressed not to take them. But I think they will take the BPA. I also think they trade out of the first round with one of their picks if they can get a 2014 1st rounder out of the deal.
He also had a very good LT his whole career with the Titans, had an all-century member on the interior for many years and one of the best O-Line coaches in the league that could develop players. He knows the value of the O-Line he just never had the need to draft one in the first because he had a very good LT, and a line coach that could develop mid rounders
Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan is trying to get to 250:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9458--nfl.html
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

250# is not a natural weight for Jordan, meaning it's not a weight he's gradually grown into over 3+ years.

It's a bulk weight he's trying to put on for the combine, much like Aaron Maybin.

Putting a WR on defense in college doesn't magically turn him into a top NFL prospect at DE/OLB.

Will Dion Jordan still be the same quick twitch athlete 25# heavier??

If he does more than 20 reps on BP, I will be surprised.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's a lot to gain. How do they do that? Maybe the Rams get lucky and he runs a 4.8 and we nab him at #16:-)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hunt and watson become products of perfect numbers
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
250# is not a natural weight for Jordan, meaning it's not a weight he's gradually grown into over 3+ years.

It's a bulk weight he's trying to put on for the combine, much like Aaron Maybin.

Putting a WR on defense in college doesn't magically turn him into a top NFL prospect at DE/OLB.

That's why I keep saying he's a SLB in a 43 to me primarily. He may be able to play 3-4 OLB, but thats stretching it
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

1. Ziggy Ansah
2. Arthur Brown
3. Joe Kruger
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

All the Illini guys will cement themselves as top 3-5 players at their position. I think #1 is possible for all but I will say Hawthorne will make the most money as the surprise #1 CB. 6'0+, 200+ pounds withe tremendous football IQ to match the tremendous athleticism. I would bet he's one of the 3 fastest CB's. He might just be the fastest. The 4.3 (Or below) 40 will send scouts into a frenzy because you can clearly see the special combination of size, tackling ability, toughness, intangibles, etc. I honestly feel he should be a top 10 maybe even top 3-5 pick because he's the best CB. True shutdown CB in every sense of the word. Also has elite return ability to boot. Another prediction, Akeem Spence is the strongest man at the combine.

Last edited by bigbenn : 02-20-2013 at 12:49 AM.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Menelik Watson.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think a little too much is being made of this.

Flacco 6063
Glennon 6064
Freeman 6056
Mallett 6066
Schaub 6055

To me, an inch isn't much of a difference. It's all about how they play. To me, Mike Glennon isn't any more special than Brock Osweiler
Actually I think Osweiler can be a pretty good NFL QB if you give him the right weapons. To me, Glennon is a much better prospect. If he's not getting much 1st round buzz, he should be. He can be a franchise QB, possibly off the bat. I think he's the best QB in this draft.

Last edited by bigbenn : 02-17-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:

This what I don't get. If they're talking about Jordan as a 1st rounder then why no Buchanan who is the better player, as athletic if not more, and is already 252+ pounds (I'd guess he's 255-260 at the combine)? He can get even bigger. He's played in a run first league against plenty of (future) NFL OL and has flashed the strength to consistently play the run along with great pass rush ability/potential. I don't get it.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
This what I don't get. If they're talking about Jordan as a 1st rounder then why no Buchanan who is the better player, as athletic if not more, and is already 252+ pounds (I'd guess he's 255-260 at the combine)? He can get even bigger. He's played in a run first league against plenty of (future) NFL OL and has flashed the strength to consistently play the run along with great pass rush ability/potential. I don't get it.
Im sorry, that is laughable. When do you see Buchanan ever covering slot WR's? Dion Jordan also has the unique ability to dip his shoulder under the OT with good lateral bend. Something that made Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis near unblockable. I think Buchanan is a good player but he is not close to the size, measurable's and athleticism as Dion Jordan. Buchanan also does not have the frame to put much more weight on. Maybe 10lbs. Whereas Jordan can put on 40lbs and still be quick and fast enough to play 4-3 DE. He wont be able to cover WR but he should try to bulk to play end because he would be an all out freak and make a ton more cash.
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you're seriously worse of a college homer than I think I've ever been. I'm not sure if that's impressive or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually I think Osweiler can be a pretty good NFL QB if you give him the right weapons. To me, Glennon is a much better prospect. If he's not getting much 1st round buzz, he should be. He can be a franchise QB, possibly off the bat. I think he's the best QB in this draft.
Yeah, I didn't mean that as a knock towards Brock by any means, although I could see how it could have seemed that way. I was simply saying, draft value wise I see him going a similar spot and I don't see the height being a problem, I think many people over-analyze it
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Menelik Watson.
Yeah thats a good one.

I can see him rise all the way to the bottom of the 1st round.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wide receiver Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech is an absolutely phenomenal athlete. He is not a natural receiver but he is 6 foot 4 230 pounds and will have a vertical over 40 inches in additional to supurb. quickness for a receiver of his size. As for his 40 yard dash time I would expect a 4.5. Unfortunately, his hands are not good and he can not run a route or block. Somebody will try to take him and make him into another Brandon Marshall

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's why I keep saying he's a SLB in a 43 to me primarily. He may be able to play 3-4 OLB, but thats stretching it
I agree. I think he can be a guy who changes the personality of the position. There really isn't a LB in the league that can shut down TE's and RB's the way I think he could. He could create huge matchup problems for OC's.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Yeah thats a good one.

I can see him rise all the way to the bottom of the 1st round.
Yeah, if Fisher and Johnson are both gone by 11-15, it's going to be a long time between LT prospects. You could see a team get a little desperate and go after Menelik Watson earlier than expected. I won't say late 1st, because those are playoff teams and generally they were there because they don't make draft reaches. But Watson could easily go within the first 5-7 picks of the 2nd round.

The last few years, I think we've seen teams reach several times on potential LT prospects like James Carpenter, Rodger Saffold, Zane Beadles, and Mitchell Schwartz in the 25-40 range....and a lot of it was based on what those guys did at the combine.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee WR Justin Hunter will make some money at Indy and end up being the first WR drafted.

Some random corner is going to blaze the 40(sub 4.42) and get taken in the top 40.
OT Lane Johnson is the one Olineman I think is going to have the most impressive combine and end up in the top 10.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
Im sorry, that is laughable. When do you see Buchanan ever covering slot WR's? Dion Jordan also has the unique ability to dip his shoulder under the OT with good lateral bend. Something that made Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis near unblockable. I think Buchanan is a good player but he is not close to the size, measurable's and athleticism as Dion Jordan. Buchanan also does not have the frame to put much more weight on. Maybe 10lbs. Whereas Jordan can put on 40lbs and still be quick and fast enough to play 4-3 DE. He wont be able to cover WR but he should try to bulk to play end because he would be an all out freak and make a ton more cash.
I'm not sure you've watched much of Buchanan...considering scout held him in higher regard than Mercilus last year, I'd say he's pretty good. With Jordan you're projecting something that might not ever be. Buchanan is already 250+ pounds closing in on 260 with great athleticism. I will look at Jordan more to see what you're seeing...because I don't think he's better, nor does he have more potential.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Tennessee WR Justin Hunter will make some money at Indy and end up being the first WR drafted.

Some random corner is going to blaze the 40(sub 4.42) and get taken in the top 40.
OT Lane Johnson is the one Olineman I think is going to have the most impressive combine and end up in the top 10.
I could see that possible on Hunter. He's in my top group of WR with Patton, Patterson, Allen, etc