Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
Chance Warmack.

He doesn't play a premium position true enough, but Warmack could be the best guard prospect I've seen since I've been following the draft (about 5-6 years). I believe he is almost a guaranteed perennial Pro Bowler, and a classic tough guy who can elevate a team's entire running game (something that is becoming lost on the NFL). In fact, the only weakness I've been able to see in his game is with strong bull rushers who can push him back every now and then - but 97% of the time you've got a smart, powerful guy with a great work ethic and intuitive film study who can pick up the blitz, open up running lanes, and block at the next level.

If he's there at #18 for the 'Boys, I would break the table in half for this guy.
Oh man, such a bold pick ;)

I'm going with Kyle Long and Markus Wheaton

Kyle Long since we can only pick one.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm banging the table for Cornelius Washington. I really do feel he's getting slept on.

I also like Jordan Hill a lot, the DT from Penn State. He's an undersized pass rusher at DT but I like him on a 3rd down package. Very disruptive.

Those are 2 guys who will fall in the draft that I feel strongly about.
I like the phrase "banging the table" exactly as much as you like my sig. Mayock ruined it.

For me, it's probably D.J. Fluker, because people talk about Chance Warmack as a perfect prospect but I don't see how Fluker at guard doesn't project better to the NFL. And, unlike Warmack, he can probably play a more important position.

Arthur Brown, Ziggy Ansah and Eric Fisher are also favorites of mine. Can't really think of a mid round guy because I haven't really seen that many yet. Maybe Ray Graham or Josh Johnson of Purdue.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Poyer it is for me. I tend to gravitate toward CBs like this. Last year it was Casey Hayward, this year it's Poyer. He won't be the biggest, fastest or have the best footwork at the combine. But he will be good enough everywhere. I like the big time experience in a conference with several good WRs. He even has good battles in practice with Markus Wheaton. So, the experience against NFL talent is there.

Like Hayward, he's a smart kid too and I think he will get on the field a ton as a rookie and make plays. Because he's not in 1st round consideration, I don't think he will be handed a starting CB job first day of camp ala Morris Claiborne, but he's a guy that's going to be the nickel early on as a rookie and make plays when he gets a chance.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Oh man, such a bold pick ;)

Lol, normally I wouldn't dare be so bold, but damn I like this guy. The reason I chose Warmack is because he is going to slide a little bit because of his position. I don't care what position he plays - getting a ten-year All-Pro who can pave the way for the running game is worth it.

Matt Elam is another guy I considered - could be the next Brian Dawkins IMO.

Now, if you want me to get a little bolder...

How about Landry Jones?

I feel like he's been lost in the mix a little bit, which is not very good considering the relatively weak class of QBs, but Jones, to me, has the physical tools to be the top QB in the class.

I'll go to bat for Corey Lemonier as well, who I think can be a really good value for someone based on where he gets drafted.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post

Now, if you want me to get a little bolder...

How about Landry Jones?

I feel like he's been lost in the mix a little bit, which is not very good considering the relatively weak class of QBs, but Jones, to me, has the physical tools to be the top QB in the class.
I agree with this one, he can be the best QB from this class. He just needs to make some better decision at times and get better under pressure.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With guys like Arthur Brown, Kaseem Greene and Kawann Short already of the board, im going to take a gamble with D.J. Swearinger, safety from South Carolina.
Im really intrigued by his overall skillset and potential. He has decent size, above average athleticism, and good lateral agility. Covers a good amount of ground, and always seems to be around the football. Plays the run very well, and is definitely not afraid to go get his hands dirty. Will deliver some huge hits, but is also capable of solid wrap up tackling. He is tough, battle tested, and plays with a nasty demeanor.
But perhaps his biggest asset, is that he can be utilized in many different ways. He has the range and instincts to play FS, the physicality and tenacity to play close to the LOS, and has shown the ability to help out at CB if needed.
I think he could be a very intriguing prospect for a team with a creative and agressive defensive scheme, where he can be moved around as a chess piece, and contribute in a lot of different ways.

Granted, his playing style can be overly agressive and even reckless at time, which will lead to costly penalties and missed tackles. However, I would much rather try to learn a guy like Swearinger to ”play smart” and control his agression, rather than try to ”toughen up” a player who doesn´t have that agressive frame of mind naturally.

All in all, if a team needs a safety in round 2 or 3 come april, I would definitely bang the table for D.J. Swearinger.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Tavon Austin.

The kid can fill 4 spots on your football team. Wr / Rb / KR / PR. Has moves to take it to the house whenever the ball is in his hands. Home run hitter speed. Just a all around nightmare for a defense to see.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
With guys like Arthur Brown, Kaseem Greene and Kawann Short already of the board, im going to take a gamble with D.J. Swearinger, safety from South Carolina.
Im really intrigued by his overall skillset and potential. He has decent size, above average athleticism, and good lateral agility. Covers a good amount of ground, and always seems to be around the football. Plays the run very well, and is definitely not afraid to go get his hands dirty. Will deliver some huge hits, but is also capable of solid wrap up tackling. He is tough, battle tested, and plays with a nasty demeanor.
But perhaps his biggest asset, is that he can be utilized in many different ways. He has the range and instincts to play FS, the physicality and tenacity to play close to the LOS, and has shown the ability to help out at CB if needed.
I think he could be a very intriguing prospect for a team with a creative and agressive defensive scheme, where he can be moved around as a chess piece, and contribute in a lot of different ways.

Granted, his playing style can be overly agressive and even reckless at time, which will lead to costly penalties and missed tackles. However, I would much rather try to learn a guy like Swearinger to ”play smart” and control his agression, rather than try to ”toughen up” a player who doesn´t have that agressive frame of mind naturally.

All in all, if a team needs a safety in round 2 or 3 come april, I would definitely bang the table for D.J. Swearinger.
I'm a homer, so take my word for what you will. That being said, a lot of people discount or are unaware of Swearinger's versatility. Most simply see him as a hard hitting SS. In truth, he played FS, SS, and CB for us, and he outperformed everyone at every position in the backfield. I don't expect him to play CB in the pros, and I do think he'll be drafted as a SS, but he's a prospect who can cover as well as he can hit.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I believe he has been way over analyzed.
sadly it happens to guys who make a big splash early in the season or late in the season before. guys just sit around and watch film over and over again and by the end of the season, they point out more descriptive flaws in the prospects game, like nobody else has any. before ya know it, analysts state the flaws over and over again to the point where it becomes all thats is said about the player. happens every year

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt there will be much table banging for QBs in this class, but I really feel like that's a product of too much recent success by some of the best prospects to ever come out. We may have lost our bearing on reality - that is that QB prospects come with warts.

As an NC State fan, I got to see Mike Glennon play quite a bit. While NC State didn't do as well as some might have expected during Glennon's senior season, I can attest to it not being Glennon's fault. (I have to admit, I was a student at nc state during his junior campaign...)

Among similar prospects, Glennon throws a solid 2.5 to 3 yards further (in air) down field. Why? Because that's the offense NC State runs. He has the highest completion percentage among similar prospects to intermediate and deep throws. He has the highest percentage (by over 10 points) of throws that travel 10+ yards. (again, because of the offense). He had a higher percentage of drops (around 2% points higher than the next closest man) and less OL talent when compared to similar prospects.

Mike Glennon played in an offense incredibly similar to what actual NFL teams run, but he did it with second rate OL and WRs (like he was playing for the Dolphins...). Unlike his peers in this draft class, he didn't throw a high volume of screens. (Despite the fact that they play in offenses that are often called "Pro style" and "Air Raid" - they are filled with screen passes)

Glennon was a strong leader for a team that significantly regressed in terms of talent. 0 Complaints. 0 looks like his dog just died. 0 staring down receivers looking like "y u no catch???". 0 promise rings and mountain bikes...

You've probably heard the Russel Wilson story, but imagine being the guy that was left hanging in the balance as it was unfolding. He handled it with extreme poise and class.

Glennon loves the film room.

Do you know why Glennon has mechanical issues? Because he was executing 7 step drops with shaky protection and being forced to make plays down field. His footwork may be slow, but it can be sped up. I'm not making excuses for him, but it is harder to evaluate a player who plays behind 2* and 3* OLs compared to a guy who plays behind 5 5* OL.

Is he perfect? Nope, but when you look at QBs in college that made the successful transition to the NFL you will see two important things. First, they had similar flaws to Glennon (mainly that they were fixable flaws) and second, they had elite characteristics that transitioned well to the NFL.

While I might not love this QB class, I do see developable QBs that will be over drafted, be forced to play immediately, and likely fail because of it. I don't think Mike Glennon is the guy you plug in day 1 like Luck or Griffin. I just think he's the guy you plug in for 10+ years after you start letting him start. A good QB coach will make Glennon a super star in this league... eventually.

I would have no problem with the Patriots [who may look to trade Mallett] taking him day 2 if teams let him fall. And then letting him be their 3rd QB to play for a decade (basically) since 1993.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have to throw Kevin Reddick out there. Not sure why he is flying under the radar so much, but he's one of the most solid and versatile LBs in the draft. He'll be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just post links to articles I did on the two prospects I'm going to bat for:

Datone Jones (DE/DT – UCLA)
and
Brandon Williams (DT – Missouri Southern)
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rolling_Thunder
Rookie

Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Stepfan Taylor.

Call me crazy, but every time I watch him, I think of Matt Forte. He's the only RB, I think, in this draft that could come in this year and be a three down back (all apologies to Lacy and Bernard, but I think they'll take a year to adjust).
Rolling_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qb jeff tuel as a late pick
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I doubt there will be much table banging for QBs in this class, but I really feel like that's a product of too much recent success by some of the best prospects to ever come out. We may have lost our bearing on reality - that is that QB prospects come with warts.

As an NC State fan, I got to see Mike Glennon play quite a bit. While NC State didn't do as well as some might have expected during Glennon's senior season, I can attest to it not being Glennon's fault. (I have to admit, I was a student at nc state during his junior campaign...)

Among similar prospects, Glennon throws a solid 2.5 to 3 yards further (in air) down field. Why? Because that's the offense NC State runs. He has the highest completion percentage among similar prospects to intermediate and deep throws. He has the highest percentage (by over 10 points) of throws that travel 10+ yards. (again, because of the offense). He had a higher percentage of drops (around 2% points higher than the next closest man) and less OL talent when compared to similar prospects.

Mike Glennon played in an offense incredibly similar to what actual NFL teams run, but he did it with second rate OL and WRs (like he was playing for the Dolphins...). Unlike his peers in this draft class, he didn't throw a high volume of screens. (Despite the fact that they play in offenses that are often called "Pro style" and "Air Raid" - they are filled with screen passes)

Glennon was a strong leader for a team that significantly regressed in terms of talent. 0 Complaints. 0 looks like his dog just died. 0 staring down receivers looking like "y u no catch???". 0 promise rings and mountain bikes...

You've probably heard the Russel Wilson story, but imagine being the guy that was left hanging in the balance as it was unfolding. He handled it with extreme poise and class.

Do you know why Glennon has mechanical issues? Because he was executing 7 step drops with shaky protection and being forced to make plays down field. His footwork may be slow, but it can be sped up. I'm not making excuses for him, but it is harder to evaluate a player who plays behind 2* and 3* OLs compared to a guy who plays behind 5 5* OL.

Is he perfect? Nope, but when you look at QBs in college that made the successful transition to the NFL you will see two important things. First, they had similar flaws to Glennon (mainly that they were fixable flaws) and second, they had elite characteristics that transitioned well to the NFL.

While I might not love this QB class, I do see developable QBs that will be over drafted, be forced to play immediately, and likely fail because of it. I don't think Mike Glennon is the guy you plug in day 1 like Luck or Griffin. I just think he's the guy you plug in for 10+ years after you start letting him start. A good QB coach will make Glennon a super star in this league... eventually.

I would have no problem with the Patriots [who may look to trade Mallett] taking him day 2 if teams let him fall. And then letting him be their 3rd QB to play for a decade (basically) since 1993.

glennon scans the field and reads the defense nicely. that often hardest thing to do in nfl. he is going to make it as a starter. also has a cannon for an arm.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
glennon scans the field and reads the defense nicely. that often hardest thing to do in nfl. he is going to make it as a starter. also has a cannon for an arm.
He just reminds me so much of Andrew Walter. I don't like that

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go with Shamarko Thomas, safety from Syracuse.

He won't WOW you with interceptions or pass break-ups but he's a lightening quick enforcer at safety that is a more than willing tackler. He reminds me of a more durable, better built version of Bob Sanders. Both are small and love to hit. He's a vocal leader on and off the field and leads by example. He has a tremendous work ethic and would make a valuable special teams player and would compete strongly for a starting job.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 02-16-2013 at 05:03 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

He won't WOW you with interceptions or pass break-ups but he's a lightening quick enforcer at safety that is a more than willing tackler and enforcer. He reminds me of a more durable, better built version of Bob Sanders. Both are small and love to hit. He's a vocal leader on and off the field and leads by example. He has a tremendous work ethic and would make a valuable special teams player and would compete strongly for a starting job.
I have nothing to add other than I love the name Shamarko.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

He won't WOW you with interceptions or pass break-ups but he's a lightening quick enforcer at safety that is a more than willing tackler and enforcer. He reminds me of a more durable, better built version of Bob Sanders. Both are small and love to hit. He's a vocal leader on and off the field and leads by example. He has a tremendous work ethic and would make a valuable special teams player and would compete strongly for a starting job.
Terrific name drop! Thomas will prove to be a really nice pick in the middle rounds. He falls victim to an extremely deep safety class, but teams can afford to address other needs thanks to later options like him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

I love Dion Jordan. If he was smart he would get to 260 plus and play DE in the nfl. He would make a lot more money than playing OLB. Unless he goes to a 3-4 OLB team.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just talked about the guy I'd go to bat for in the RB thread, Gio Bernard. I'll just copy and paste what I said about him there.

I listened to an episode of the NFL Draft Tracker podcast recently and they had on Giovanni Bernard, and I have to say I came away very impressed with Gio. He is young and only played two season so he has a lot of years in front of him. He has played fine since his ACL injury his freshman year. His 2011 and 2012 seasons show me that he can be highly productive in both a pro style offense and an up tempo spread/pass first offense. He struck me as the type of guy who would be very coachable and I think he will have an easy time learning whatever offense the team that drafts him uses. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He's very shifty and can make defenders miss. Punt returning is another skill that he has. They made a NFL comp on the podcast which I thought was a good one, Ray Rice.

Let me outline it: an every down back who has played in both a pro style and spread, great character, can catch the ball out of the backfield, great punt returner. If I was a team picking at the end of the first round and in need of a RB, he is certainly someone I would be interested in.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordarr....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I would take Cordarrelle Patterson first overall.

Kawann Short is my no. 2 prospect.
Nevermind. I don't like him that much.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the giants I'd be kicking and screaming for Ansah or Carradine, both have the perfect tools to mold into great starters opposite JPP, they have the length, the body bend, the strong hands, plus motor, and athleticism to beast at LE for us while kicking inside on passing downs. They've shown the ability to impact the a game already, even though they still have a lot of work to do, Ansah more so than Tank, although Tank needs to rework how he comes off the ball, and we have the perfect environment to tap into all of that raw upside.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Catapano DE Princeton
I know, I know... But if (and when) he washes out you can transfer him right into the accounting dept. I mean he should be smart enough being a Princeton grad right?
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Swope.

He's going to be one of the two players in the 2013 draft Seattle won't leave without. He's going in the top 58 guaranteed. I can easily see him a day one pick if there is a run on DTs.

This guy is going to be the best receiver of this class. Steve Largent redux.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote