Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Yeah, I didn't mean that as a knock towards Brock by any means, although I could see how it could have seemed that way. I was simply saying, draft value wise I see him going a similar spot and I don't see the height being a problem, I think many people over-analyze it
Oh ok I agree there. Glennon IMO is definitely 1st round but we'll see. I think he's good enough for top 15 status.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordon is going to be either a bust or a star, depending on what a team drafts him to do. If they want him to be primarily a pass rusher, he is going to go down the path of Manny Lawson (early in his career) or Aaron Maybin. He may put on weight for the combine, but he won't maintain it.

However, he could be a monster as a 4-3 linebacker who can stay on the field at all times and really leave offensive coordinators and QBs guessing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Dion Jordon is going to be either a bust or a star, depending on what a team drafts him to do. If they want him to be primarily a pass rusher, he is going to go down the path of Manny Lawson (early in his career) or Aaron Maybin. He may put on weight for the combine, but he won't maintain it.

However, he could be a monster as a 4-3 linebacker who can stay on the field at all times and really leave offensive coordinators and QBs guessing.
I like the Manny Lawson comparsion.

Lawson was about 240 at the combine.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Lawson could do a lot of things in coverage. He just wasn't much of a pass rusher. I think Jordan can be a better Lawson, which isn't a bad thing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been comparing him to Lawson for a while now. I think he can play 43 OLB like Lawson but provide more of a pass rush.

He can also play 3-4 backer opposite an already established rusher
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley, every other QB will look horrible then he will hold his pro day with Lee & Woods

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley isn't throwing at the combine now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The Rams have sunk a lot of high picks into that line so i don't see them going there early. A speed outside backer wouldn't shock me though.
Yeah but you gotta look at Fisher's history. He drafts the **** out of DBs & DL, and it's not even close. I've personally been touting Short as a pick to the Rams in either the late 1st/early 2nd for about two weeks now. It would add a speed component that they are missing in the middle as Brockers & Langford are power guys.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
He also had a very good LT his whole career with the Titans, had an all-century member on the interior for many years and one of the best O-Line coaches in the league that could develop players. He knows the value of the O-Line he just never had the need to draft one in the first because he had a very good LT, and a line coach that could develop mid rounders
That he drafted in the second round, out of a small school.

The Rams OL coach is heavily trusted by Fisher to mold some more raw guys, it's why they didn't take a OT last season.

What that tells me is that he believes he can find quality OL in the later rounds, shown by his draft history and his trust in his coaching staff, and won't be looking for one unless one of the top 2-3 guys falls.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Xavier Rhodes runs well, as in under 4.5, how high will he rise?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If Xavier Rhodes runs well, as in under 4.5, how high will he rise?
He could rise to the #1 CB spot amongst NFL teams...speed is the biggest question mark I have with Rhodes and if he puts to rest questions about his speed, Tampa could very well be his floor

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
That he drafted in the second round, out of a small school.

The Rams OL coach is heavily trusted by Fisher to mold some more raw guys, it's why they didn't take a OT last season.

What that tells me is that he believes he can find quality OL in the later rounds, shown by his draft history and his trust in his coaching staff, and won't be looking for one unless one of the top 2-3 guys falls.
He inherited the first LT, that was taken in the first round that played until he retired in 2005.

Paul Boudreau has not shown the history Mike Munchak did of developing offensive lineman. I am, by no means, saying he will take an offensive lineman in the first. But to say he won't is simply ignorant for someone who wants to run the ball, and always had a franchise LT while coaching the Titans
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I don't think his timed speed or quick twitch athleticism is special. I think he looks good on tape because of his football IQ and instincts. I don't think he's a terrible athlete, I just think he's a guy who's combine numbers won't jump out at you in any way and won't tell the full story on how good he is.
Alrighty. Agree about Greenes athleticism. I think he will post solid, yet unspectacular results at the Combine. I just dont think it will hurt his stock since his gametape is very good, and the IQ and instincts you mention would outweight any mediocre 3-cone or broadjump result.
Unless Greene goes to Indy and puts up a Vontaze Burfict like workout (Which I dont think will happen) his stock should be just fine IMO.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I don't think his timed speed or quick twitch athleticism is special. I think he looks good on tape because of his football IQ and instincts. I don't think he's a terrible athlete, I just think he's a guy who's combine numbers won't jump out at you in any way and won't tell the full story on how good he is.
he's a former safety, his speed and lateral quickness are going to help him. He's going to take a hit with the measurements most likely. His combine numbers won't be eye popping, but they'll highlight his quickness. I think his combine numbers won't wow anyone, nor hurt him.

you're right, they won't tell how good he is. the interview, however, will only help
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Matt Barkley isn't throwing at the combine now.
...that's the point

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Joseph Randle could blow it up and make people go look at his film. I expect him to time and test very well. He looks like he'll run sub 4.5 and maybe even sub 4.4, and he was also a triple and long jumper in track & field, which is reflected in his explosive play and I expect also in the metrics.

#4 is Kenny Vaccarro, future first round pick. Also, note 4:13.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-19-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote