Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
SP has been heading downhill the more time he has been on here. Turning into a D-bag.
Are you still upset from the last time you tried to call me out?

And if trolling the 49er's fans makes me a D-bag, i'll happily be a D-bag.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Are you still upset from the last time you tried to call me out?

And if trolling the 49er's fans makes me a D-bag, i'll happily be a D-bag.
Nah. Just saying what I want.

Why troll?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah. Just saying what I want.

Why troll?
Because I can.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SP has been heading downhill the more time he has been on here. Turning into a D-bag.

But seriously Wallace is overrated. All he does is run in a straight line, when he is used as more of a regular WR, he turns into average. He is good at what he does, but should only be paid for that, not a complete package.
I'm so proud :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Feel free to talk about another player then. I guess it's much easier to complain how active 49ers fans are on the board (positive or negative) instead of actually bring content to the table.
Yeah, you don't get to say this to me. I posted a list of like 30 guys...and I didn't say a thing about your increasingly-jerky fanbase. Never have on this board until this moment, right now.

I'm soooooo shocked that someone missed all of the talk about other players in this 93 page Dashon Goldson blowbang.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Some of these are decent players who will be paid like they are somewhere between good or elite (i.e. Jermon Bushrod). Some are very flawed players that people think are good because they put up stats (i.e. Brandon Myers). Some are formerly good players who now suck, but will make a living on their reputations/dumbassed statements from TV broadcasters (i.e. Brian Urlacher). Some are just plain bad, but could conceivably get a starter's contract (i.e. Max Starks).

In any case, none of them will be worth what they get paid.

RB Reggie Bush
TE Brandon Myers
WR Donnie Avery
WR Devery Henderson
LT Sam Baker
LT Jermon Bushrod
LT Jake Long
LT Demetress Bell
RT Max Starks
RT Tyler Polumbus
OG Stephen Peterman
OG Kory Lichtensteiger
OC Brad Meester
S Charles Woodson
S Yeremiah Bell
S Madieu Williams
S Ed Reed
S LaRon Landry
S Craig Dahl
CB Cary Williams
CB Aqib Talib
CB Derek Cox
CB Kelvin Hayden
CB Sean Smith
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Antoine Caon
CB Quentin Jammer
CB Cassius Vaughn
LB Nick Roach
LB Michael Boley
LB DeAndre Levy
LB Chase Blackburn
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Paris Lenon
LB Jasper Brinkley
LB Larry Foote
LB Brian Urlacher
LB Connor Barwin

LB Shaun Phillips
DE Osi Umenyiora
DE Frostee Rucker
DE Cliff Avril
DE Matt Shaughnessy
DE Robert Geathers
DT Glenn Dorsey
DT Sedrick Ellis
DT Dwan Edwards
DT Sen'Derrick Marks
DT Casey Hampton
Nobody will pay hampton, he plays 1 snap a year.

Most of the guys I bolded will be overpaid just because of their name.

A few guys do deserved to be paid, and I think they'll get fair compensation. By fair I mean a little over their value, maybe one or 2 guys will get waaaaayy more than they should.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I'm amazed Ness isn't thrashing Goldson In the Niner boards he doesn't have anything good to say about the Niners.
Probably because the perception of what you tried to push earlier wasn't true. Goldson is actually my favorite player on defense. Surprise.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Kruger would be a sweet addition to the 49ers.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Hey at least Goldson is preventing this thread from turning into another Welker debate.
I dunno, I'd like to see Shupp argue that Welker is short, but not really short.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I dunno, I'd like to see Shupp argue that Welker is short, but not really short.
I didn't say he was short! I said he was significantly less than average in the height department! They're completely and totally different things!

YOU ALL FAIL AT READING COMPREHENSION GRRRR

Just getting that out of the way for him.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Some may say that Welker is short but that doesn't mean that some people necessarily say that he is short....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very curious to see how much DRC gets, I definitely think he's got a chance to be the most over-paid player this off-season.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, you don't get to say this to me. I posted a list of like 30 guys...and I didn't say a thing about your increasingly-jerky fanbase. Never have on this board until this moment, right now.

I'm soooooo shocked that someone missed all of the talk about other players in this 93 page Dashon Goldson blowbang.
Point made for me. 3 pages. And not a single 49ers fan had a "blowbang" (mature) for Goldson. None said he deserved to be an All-Pro. They only agreed that he doesn't get beat alot and give up big plays alot as was said about him.

It always gets turned around, as I'm sure that's part of the fun now. But don't act that there was any vicious homerism that forced you to say what you said.

Two things frustrate me most on the internet...

1. People say things that aren't true.
2. When someone stands up against the untruths they are roundly ridiculed because it's cool to troll, I guess.

Sadly, alot of this goes on around here.

I appreciated your list. You brought the most names to the table. Unfortunately noone seems to want to talk about many players. I also talked outside of the 49ers, and noone replied to those questions either.

For whatever reason, it seems people would rather argue than discuss.

I'm walking away from this one.

Last edited by phlysac : 02-17-2013 at 09:27 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith sucks.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Again, saying that something might be hard is not the same thing as saying that it will be hard. Amazing how many people cannot comprehend basic English.
I can agree with this, if you're including yourself when you say "people." That way we're all human and capable of mistakes.

Unless you're not human. For all we know, you could be an alien or a dog with fine motor skills. If it's the former, then beings capable of interstellar travel shouldn't be so caught up on our vocab and grammar skills. If it's the latter, WE DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THAT FROM A ******* DOG!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Alex Smith sucks.
Two words: Gabe Carimi

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I can agree with this, if you're including yourself when you say "people." That way we're all human and capable of mistakes.

Unless you're not human. For all we know, you could be an alien or a dog with fine motor skills. If it's the former, then beings capable of interstellar travel shouldn't be so caught up on our vocab and grammar skills. If it's the latter, WE DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THAT FROM A ******* DOG!
woof......

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Two words: Gabe Carimi
Gabe Carimi is a very fine guard.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Gabe Carimi is a very fine guard.
Aldon Smith agrees

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
woof......
When I was little, I hoped that by the time I grew up, science would have given us dog translation collars, genetically engineered Pokemon, and pod racers.

Crossin' that first one off the list now!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Aldon Smith agrees
Aldon Smith never played against Carimi at guard.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't Sean Smith want Brandon Carr money (5/50)? I thought he got burned a lot this year. He seems like he could be a FA bust.

I could also see Greg Jennings...good player but getting older and missing more time due to injury.

It seems like high priced FA WR's tend to bust the most. Vincent Jackson had a good year with the Bucs but other than that they tend to underwhelm or bust completely.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Aldon Smith never played against Carimi at guard.
You can move to Carimi to FB if you want, doesn't change the fact that Aldon throws him to the ground every play like he's a rag doll.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Doesn't Sean Smith want Brandon Carr money (5/50)? I thought he got burned a lot this year. He seems like he could be a FA bust.

I could also see Greg Jennings...good player but getting older and missing more time due to injury.

It seems like high priced FA WR's tend to bust the most. Vincent Jackson had a good year with the Bucs but other than that they tend to underwhelm or bust completely.
I would feel more comfortable giving Smith that type of money than DRC but 5/50 is way too much for any CB FA this year.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Well Brandon Marshall has performed well on the three teams he has been on. Of course he was traded for twice. Most FA receivers that get a big deal on the market have faltered though. I thought Vincent Jackson was going to bomb, but he played very well.

Quote: