Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Who the hell is Virgil?
Herschel = Virgil I suppose.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao . . . yeah, Herschel.

I'll give myself a

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 02-13-2013 at 11:00 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Tyrese in this episode it looks like (still ten minutes left). If that is his only part in the show I'll be pissed. Also, that shooting of Axel came out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THAT is what this show needed. The Dixon bros provided one of the best scenes of the season, and the invasion was dope. First half of the episode sucked tho. Also, getting rid of Tyrese like that, for no reason was so ******* dumb. And last, but not least, the one big plot hole that pissed me off, out of no where, no one can aim. All year long they have pin-point, headshot, accuracy at moving walkers, but the governor and his goons stand still and they can't hit them...WITH A SCOPE?!?!?! Other than Tyrese and that plot hole, the 2nd half was actually really freakin good.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another plot hole is that Carol would definitely be dead. I have to assume they were using pretty high calibre bullets. At least a few of those bullets would have gone through Axel's body.

Darryl killing the Walker with the trunk door was one of the best kills of the series.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carol is such a *****.

And thanks to Merle, I the sound of babies crying is just completely wrong. Forever.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just didn't get how all of a sudden no one could shoot straight. Rick purposely aimed to the left it seemed and everyone just decided to spray when they had scopes and cover. The governor was ridiculous too, just shooting at nothing for fun, you gotta conserve ammo in times like these you jackass. I hope we find out who that driver was that freed the walkers, they seemed important the way they purposely showed them a few times.

The Dixons are hands down the best part of this show, only thing saving me from walking away.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you didn't walk away from this show in Season 2, there's no reason possible to stop watching it.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That episode was awesome. Just when I thought the entire episode was going to be setup, it received a spark. Great payoff for the first 35 or so minutes.

And Axel finally gets a lot of screen time to establish himself and his relationship with Carol a little more and the rug is pulled right from underneath him. Bittersweet. I was starting to like him in his role of comedy relief.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
THAT is what this show needed. The Dixon bros provided one of the best scenes of the season, and the invasion was dope. First half of the episode sucked tho. Also, getting rid of Tyrese like that, for no reason was so ******* dumb. And last, but not least, the one big plot hole that pissed me off, out of no where, no one can aim. All year long they have pin-point, headshot, accuracy at moving walkers, but the governor and his goons stand still and they can't hit them...WITH A SCOPE?!?!?! Other than Tyrese and that plot hole, the 2nd half was actually really freakin good.
It is a lot more difficult to shoot something that can shoot back :/ . I agree though if Tyrese doesn't return that will be 100% ********.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
It is a lot more difficult to shoot something that can shoot back :/ . I agree though if Tyrese doesn't return that will be 100% ********.
If Dennis isnt back this is ******
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else hoping that Rick dies? So freaking tired of stupid Lori and stupid Rick and his stupid hallucinations. It's goddamn boring tv.

The conversations this episode were dumb and unnatural.

Darryl and Merle and Glenn are the only people worth watching now.

It's almost as if the old writing team came back to write these first two episodes.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Robert Kirkman confirmed during the Talking Dead that Tyrese and his gang were not at the prison anymore. He hinted that we would see them again (he said maybe soon, maybe not so soon). He is always very cryptic but I think we'll see them before the season is over.

When I think we'll see them with a possible Comic spoiler

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I normally don't complain to much about the show but the Lori ghost crap is awful. I went with the phone call stuff since she had just died and Rick was in shock but to much time has passed for him still to be freaking out.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is a big difference though. They were EXPERT MARKSMEN at points in s1 and s2.. I mean, they literally couldn't miss. On the run, around corners, in cars, you name it. And now no one can hit someone just because they're being shot at?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was Carol that go shot. Damn it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There is a big difference though. They were EXPERT MARKSMEN at points in s1 and s2.. I mean, they literally couldn't miss. On the run, around corners, in cars, you name it. And now no one can hit someone just because they're being shot at?
that's what I'm saying, they now have scopes and high powered rifles and can't hit people standing still, but when both they and the zombie are moving they can get a headshot with the first shot everytime

Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
that's what I'm saying, they now have scopes and high powered rifles and can't hit people standing still, but when both they and the zombie are moving they can get a headshot with the first shot everytime
I thought this was ridiculous two years ago, and people called me a hater and that I had to suspend belief and all this other crap. It was lol worthy at the time and even moreso now.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

its always been laughable. in season 2, the gun weighted the same as Carl and he was an expert marksman

Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference is that the governor's men weren't suppose to die the walkers are. I don't think it adds to the entertainment value of the show if they take the time to show the group missing zombies that are walking towards them en mass.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the same old tried tv tropes that exist in a ton of shows, I really enjoyed the most recent episode. What Broth said about the shooting is 100% right. Walkers need to die, but every person who gets shot at can't. If they did the show would be boring and the gunfights would be over in 10 seconds.

Otherwise, everything was pretty damn badass. The opening part of the final scene when Axel takes one was pretty awesome and so was the rest of it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey! I've had sessions of CS that have gone this way. Totally believable, imo.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Hey! I've had sessions of CS that have gone this way. Totally believable, imo.
Ah, sweet sweet CS. How I miss thee.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Aaaaaaannnnd Carol and Andrea combine for possibly the most awkward moment in the show's history. If I had to guess who would have pulled it off, those are the only two super annoying/stupid characters left on the show so it's pretty much a no-brainer that they'd do it.