Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warmack is good, but I'm not sure the drop off from him to someone who will be available at the top of round 2 (Travis Frederick, Larry Warford) is that dramatic. Hell, there was just a great article about how Ducasse and Slauson were essentially equivalent in terms of how the offense produced when they were on the field. If they re-sign Moore to a similar deal to what Pouha got last year and roll with Ducasse at LG it's not even a need. I also tend to think the draft will go more similarly to prior years. Guards don't go top 10. DeCastro was supposed to be the best guard in years and went in the twenties. Plus some may like Cooper better than Warmack. I just don't see a guard going top 10 and immediately making elite guard money. We'll see though.

Moore I think I'd like. When we start to get into everyone else, I have concerns. I think this is a class of pass rushers where a ton of guys have flaws, most are good and have good upside but there aren't a lot of elite pass rushes - they're getting pushed up by the lack of high end talent in this draft and the demand for pass rushers in the league.

As far as Holmes goes, it's mostly dead money but not all and they'd save around a million cutting him. Not sure if they want him on the team to influence younger players. It's highly doable though. And my point about building a longer-term team still stands.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote