Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scotty's Rutgers Prospect Breakdown

So, since many players have their own threads and whatnot, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents on the players that I know better than any in the draft: my Rutgers guys. I'm sure Zak will see this and add in his opinion, but we agree on 99% of our guys. I've seen a little bit about some RU prospects lately, so I thought I'd just throw in my take on them. We've got 6 going to the Combine (a Rutgers record) and one guy (Safety Duron Harmon) who isn't and I feel should've. So, here it goes. I'm being 100% honest on these guys and I think me and Zak's track record is pretty good throughout the past when it comes to guys we pimp.

LB Khaseem Greene: I'm just going to come out and say it: Greene might be my favorite Rutgers prospect ever. Yeah. There. I said it. The former safety who transitioned to LB his junior year, only to be Co-Big east player of the year. He absolutely dominated the position his first year. Suffered a freak broken ankle in our bowl game (not injury prone, don't even try it here.) so really has only had one offseason as a linebacker, and has absolutely killed it there. Has the coverage skills of a safety to cover TE's and RB's out of the back field. Hits like a god damn monster. His FF numbers are ridiculous. He sniffs out the ball extremely well and is in on almost every single play. The downside is his size, but he's bulking up. His instincts and hitting ability are phenomenal. Has the speed and sideline to sideline range that you love in a linebacker. His measureables will hurt him a bit and I don't think being a MLB would suit him the best. He's going to be a super star WILL. Outstanding character and worker. He'll make some team extremely happy when they pick him and put him on the outside. He's working on shedding blocks better, but like I said, that'll come with more time at the position. He's a borderline 1st rounder (and a top 32 guy IMO, but I see the questions regarding his size and versatility). He'll most likely make a team VERY happy in the 2nd and be a huge steal.

CB Logan Ryan: This is Zak's boy. Don't get me wrong, I love him and coined the addage/meme "when you throw on Logan Ryan, you're gonna have a bad time". But Zak'll do the most pimping of him and has since he enrolled here. Logan, I feel, is an Antoine Winfield clone and perfect replacement for him in Minny. I honestly can say I don't remember ever seeing Logan miss a tackle while at Rutgers. His straight line speed is meh, and that hurts him. He's a great physical CB who is an absolute asset in the run game. His ball skills aren't the best, but he's known to make a timely INT. Was shut down but didn't have the best of years this year, but should be an absolute solid #2 CB in the NFL for a while. His pure speed and playmaking ability are his biggest knocks. Looks to be a 2nd-3rrd rounder. Just a really solid player.

LB Steve Beauharnis: Man, another one of my faves, "Stevie Beau" is a monster. Like Khaseem, an absolute warrior and leader. Fan favorite. Almost ripped my arm off giving me a high five after a big win this season. Firey guy who manned the middle for us. To use an expresssion BBD described him "He's violent in a phone booth". He does the dirty work, great in the middle and great run stuffer. Gets pretty good penetration and very smart player. He's physically limited, but did well in an aggressive 4-3 RU defense. I think, however, he projects better to a 3-4 thumper in the NFL. I think a team like the Ravens are perfect for him. I think them grabbing him in the 5 or so is a perfect fit.

RB Jawan Jamison: Made some highlight reel moves this season and I still use that USF spin to fap to. He's a really solid guy, deceptively quick. A little indecisive with which hole to hit, got away with some speed on the outside. Good hands out of the backfield. People compare him to Ray Rice, but he's actually a little faster than Rice, but not as elusive or strong and doesn't have the vision. I don't see star #1 RB potential with Jawan sadly, especially with his ankle problems this year, but I think he's being slept on VERY heavily in this draft. He's had great production and low mileage. I think he's a top 5 RB in this class and will stick around on an NFL team for a while. His versatility and ability to pass block and catch are big assets. I'm curios to see what he runs, could boost his stock. I think he's a solid mid-round RB.

TE DC Jefferson: Ok, I love DC as much as the next guy, but I just...I don't know what to say. His size, speed, athleticism are all drool worthy for scouts but like...I can't tell you how many times there'd be a flag and the whole crowd would just go along with the ref "Holding, #10, offense. 10 yard penalty, repeat the down". SO frustrating. His combine should be pretty nuts, but just, so frustrating. Developed into a pretty good blocker after being recruited as a QB. Has good enough hands, but tough to tell since RU's QB's don't know how to throw to the middle of the field and only know slants and streak routes...but I digress. He could be a project TE, but I don't see him amounting to much more than a 2nd-3rd TE that bounces around. Probably undrafted, but could get drafted with his combine.

WR Mark Harrison: He's actually the guy who made me want to make this post. Our very own Shane P Hallam and ATL tweeted about Mark. His measurements are off the charts. Monster dude, strong, decent speed. Just somehow ALWAYS seems to create separation. I actually never understood it. As ATL put today, he's a YAC monster. However, I will tell you right now, I've cursed out Mark Harrison more than any non-QB player. I can't tell you how many WIDE open drops he'll have on streak routes. I'm talking easy 6. I'm talking OH MY GOD NOVA THREW A GOOD BALL TO THE RIGHT TEAM AND MARK ******* HARRISON HOW THE **** DID YOU DROP THAT YOU **** HEAD. like. really really really bad. And always the worst time. Most frustrating player ever because of his flashes and how good he SHOULD and COULD be, but the drops and disappearing from games (which could be Nova being the worst ever ever) just make him maddening. Could get drafted, 7th round maybe. I just...I don't know man. So frustrating.

the last guy who didn't get invited to the combine is Safety Duron Harmon. I think he deserves a shout out. He's a great leader, one of the smartest DB's I've ever seen. Plays the ball well, nice hitter, decent tackler. I feel he could make a PS or team as a 4th or 5th safety. Nothing really stands out with him, but he never gets beat deep and is a solid guy overall.

So there you have it, I didn't even get into the RJ Dill's or anything. My honest and maybe not so humble opinion of my Rutgers guys. Criticize, ask and hate away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed reading your writeup. The only thing I'd say is that Jawan Jamison is not a top-5 running back in this class. Sorry. :-)
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Logan Ryan as a solid second rounder; hopefully the Bears take a look. Haven't gotten around to forming an opinion on the others.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khaseem Greene reeks of a guy that has that 'I can't leave the draft without him' quality for John Schneider.

He's the most Seahawky type prospect in this draft IMO.

Obviously, size doesn't turn off Seattle. One of their fundamental laws of scouting is to find out what a guy can do, not what he can't. Lots of guys can play physical without the inches. We need a Will backer and Seattle is very forward thinking in how it wants to build their team. A fast LB that can cover is a huge asset for the position we want filled.

He ticks a whole lot of boxes we want in the 'can do' category. He reminds me of a LB version of Russell Wilson when you listen to him.

Last edited by Attyla the Hawk : 02-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not related to this list, but Seattle has also been linked very strongly to Brandon Coleman. I'm pretty sure Seattle scouts have attended close to half of Rutgers' games this year.

Thoughts on Coleman as someone that watches them closely? He reminds me of a guy who could develop far beyond Kenny Britt.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take any Rutgers player since the Bengals have had success with recent Rutgers players.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears GM Phil Emery personally attended a Rutgers game this year. Greene would be a great fit but plays the same position as Briggs. Ryan is also a fit but may go earlier than the Bears want to pick a CB. Ive been strangely watching Rutgers games faithfully for the last few years. And I too was waiting for D.C. to take his game to another level.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan needs a better PR guy because he should be in the convo for best CB in this draft. That is one player I want to see run at the combine.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am now intrigued by Steve Beauharnis as a late rounder for the Skins. Nice write up as always.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good work Scotty. I'll throw my 2 cents in sometime next week. We don't really differ on much though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
Not related to this list, but Seattle has also been linked very strongly to Brandon Coleman. I'm pretty sure Seattle scouts have attended close to half of Rutgers' games this year.

Thoughts on Coleman as someone that watches them closely? He reminds me of a guy who could develop far beyond Kenny Britt.
Has all the tools in the world but still learning the position. He doesn't locate the ball well enough in the air right now which is his biggest knock. He's going to end up a 1st/2nd rounder because of his measurables alone. If he develops even more then watch out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty-Which of these players do you think Schiano in Tampa feels he can't do without?

Given team needs I have Schiano pushing hard to draft Greene in round 2 and making him their Mike. I also think he will likely hope that Ryan falls to him in round 3.

Which guys do you think Schiano covets and can do without as well as how will Schiano likely use if he had him in the pros? (for example, would he move Harrison to H-Back, etc).
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Scotty-Which of these players do you think Schiano in Tampa feels he can't do without?

Given team needs I have Schiano pushing hard to draft Greene in round 2 and making him their Mike. I also think he will likely hope that Ryan falls to him in round 3.

Which guys do you think Schiano covets and can do without as well as how will Schiano likely use if he had him in the pros? (for example, would he move Harrison to H-Back, etc).
I actually don't know too much about the Bucs needs but I know Khaseem and Schiano were very close. Khaseem was skeptical about his move to LB but Schiano assured him and he tore it up the first week at practice. Now I don't see Khaseem being as effective as a MIKE, but he could certainly pull it off. I just think he's best suited on the outside and I'm not familiar with the Bucs OLB situation.

Logan Ryan would be a stellar fit for you guys and I don't see him falling to the 3rd. In all honesty, wouldn't be surprised to see Logan go to the Bucs in the 2nd. He's been a Schiano guy threw and threw and someone I bet Greg would love to have.

The others? Maybe Beauharnis late, but I think he gets scooped by a 3-4 team. DC Jefferson? eh, perhaps. Harrison's a WR through and through and he's a guy I could see Schiano grabbing.

In all honesty, I would almost put all my money on you guys signing Duron Harmon. Smart, savvy player who could be your 3rd or 4th safety that is the essential Schiano guy. Smart, does his job extremely well, carries himself well, does anything that's asked of him.

I'd say Beuaharnis and Harmon are the most likely candidates to be Bucs, simply on stock and fit with the Bucs.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post

What Zak said really. His potential is through the roof. Talk about combine stock risers, Coleman is one of those. His hands are a bit inconsistent as of now and he really needs to learn to locate the ball better in the air but his physical potential is one of the highest ever from a guy from Rutgers in all honesty.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great stuff Scotty. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I don't have anything to add.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Stevey. I really think he has a ton of potential as an ILB. He is a great run stuffer, and he has a great frame on him. He's good enough athletically. And I think he's better in coverage then he gets credit for. Sign me up as a Stevey fan.

And Coleman is coming out? I didn't know that. Coleman has all world potential. I love Coleman.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love Stevey. I really think he has a ton of potential as an ILB. He is a great run stuffer, and he has a great frame on him. He's good enough athletically. And I think he's better in coverage then he gets credit for. Sign me up as a Stevey fan.

And Coleman is coming out? I didn't know that. Coleman has all world potential. I love Coleman.
Stevie's not BAD in coverage, but it's far from his strong suit. In the NFL I think he'll have trouble against the quicker and better receiving TE's.

And no, Coleman's still at RU, just already garnering hype because of just how much physical potential he has. It just oozes out of him.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Stevie's not BAD in coverage, but it's far from his strong suit. In the NFL I think he'll have trouble against the quicker and better receiving TE's.

And no, Coleman's still at RU, just already garnering hype because of just how much physical potential he has. It just oozes out of him.
He's not gonna be Urlacher in coverage, but I think he can hold his own. I can see a very Chase Blackburn like career. He has a place in this league.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's not gonna be Urlacher in coverage, but I think he can hold his own. I can see a very Chase Blackburn like career. He has a place in this league.
comparing one of my favorite Rutgers prospect to my favorite LB in the league. You sly dog, you.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I am so glad you made this thread because I clicked looking specifically to read about DJ Jefferson and you didn't disappoint.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ok, so I wanted to bump this thread back up AGAIN because of what the internet is doing, specifically twitter. I've seen SO SO much about Mark Harrison and comparisons to Brandon Marshall and even T.O. and this is from dudes who i really respect and agree with a lot. But outside of their measureables, i just don't see it. Harrison's drops and inconsistencies are just too much for me to overlook. He seems to be getting more hype than Sanu and when they played man...not even close. It's weird for me to be quelling hype on an RU guy, but i just don't want people to really think he's something that he's not. Maybe his HEART WRENCHING drops are something I have trouble getting over. I don't know, I'm a sucker for production in my prospects.

I do think Jawan Jamison needs to get more love. He gon' be good, I'll tell you this now
Quote:
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been seeing a lot of the twitter love for Mark Harrison too. His measurable are intoxicating, and he's being tutored by Brandon Marshall (read that somewhere) but I believe you on the drops. Sometimes draft folks get too caught up in 40 times and height/weight measurements that they forget what they saw on film.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison is one of the more frustrating players I've ever watched. Good measureables, good route running, but my god, he has stone hands. If he ever gets rid of the dropsies, I think he can become a productive NFL WR.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SKim172
Rookie

SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Agree with pretty much everything, except I'm not as enthusiastic about Jamison. He gets a lot of 1-2 yard runs and runs for loss. His average is respectable because he'll regularly break off a long run, but he's no Mr. Reliable. I don't like the comparisons to Ray Rice at all - Rice was a guy who could use his low gravity and strength to power through tackles and fall forward. Rice was a safe bet to get you four yards per carry, every carry.

With Jamison, I'd estimate about a quarter to a third of his runs were 3 yards or less. Admittedly, that's partly bad run-blocking. And largely Gary Nova, a.k.a. "Worst Quarterback to Play Every Single Snap of a Season and a Bowl Game Oh Gawd Just Sit Him Already, No Don't Send Him Out Again, Well Goddammit, That's Another Pick." Since the entire passing game was quick slants, screens, and poorly-lofted long bombs, Jamison generally faced eight in the box.

But still, that doesn't indicate that with a better offense, Jamison will excel. He's in large part an unknown quantity - moreso since he's a redshirt soph with just one season as a starter. I really wish he'd stuck around at least one more season - time to develop and improve his stock.

One other disagreement - I think I'm higher on Harmon than you are. The guy can hit and he regularly saved RU's bacon by jarring the ball out of the receiver's hands. And while he wasn't an amazing coverage guy, I can't recall him badly blowing a coverage. I think he deserves a late-round pick and if he gets his chance, will make a team very happy.

Last edited by SKim172 : 02-25-2013 at 05:11 PM.
SKim172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

SKIM IS BACK YES ! <3
I'm on my phone and will post more later but i agree with hating the rice comparisons, but still love jj. And i do love Harmon. Didn't get it across well but could be a solid 3rd safety late round pickup. Bummed he didn't get a combine invite
Quote: