Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be very interested to see how much people focus on the dynasty aspect of this league in terms of drafting potential and youth. I imagine somebody is gonna be able to draft a star-studded team of guys who fall farther than they should because they're on the wrong side of 30. That person will probably win the league this season and it'll be worth it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate you fantasy baseball for making me pick Matt Kemp

Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, you saved me from doing it.

time to think about who to take
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First trade of the season

I trade:

Rights to 6th overall pick
2nd round pick
4th round pick
8th round pick

to mqtirishfan for:

Mike Trout
6th round pick
7th round pick
8th round pick
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
First trade of the season

I trade:

Rights to 6th overall pick
2nd round pick
4th round pick
8th round pick

to mqtirishfan for:

Mike Trout
6th round pick
7th round pick
8th round pick
Confirming. COME AT ME, BROS.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I did say I didn't want already selected players to be traded to avoid complication, but I suppose we can do this ...

Anyone object to the valuation difference of those draft picks? There's not a formal veto process until the picks are entered to ESPN.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sorry Xio, that's a lot of pick editing for you to do

in any case, I keep my homerism away from fantasy, but I can't stop myself when it comes to

Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Well, I did say I didn't want already selected players to be traded to avoid complication, but I suppose we can do this ...
Woops, sorry about that. To be fair, at least it ends up as an even 4 for 4 swap to make it less complicated
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Anyone object to the valuation difference of those draft picks? There's not a formal veto process until the picks are entered to ESPN.
Sorry, missed that part. And if there's an informal veto, I'd live with the decision.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

In the future, we need to at least allow people to consider for a moment whether the value of the picks being swapped is acceptably even enough.

The only draft pick swaps we usually have in these drafts are simple ones like Person A's 2nd and 3rd rounder for Person B's 2nd and 3rd rounder.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't want to preclude you guys from making a trade, but I question whether it breaks the spirit of the draft slotting to have MQT then have an extra 2nd and 4th round pick for just moving down 5 slots (even if it is Trout).

Anybody wanna weigh in here aside from those involved? My co-commish isn't around ..
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

We could nuke the deal if you want

I could always try to trade for Trout post draft or somethng along those lines
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally have no problem with it but the only trades I will ever veto is if I feel there has been some sort of collusion

Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
We could nuke the deal if you want

I could always try to trade for Trout post draft or somethng along those lines
I don't mind that an already-drafted player was traded. I just question the value swap of the additional draft picks.

When I've conducted these drafts on the forums every year, in-draft trades usually have the rounds line up.

MQT already had the benefit of the #1 pick and he parlayed it into two much earlier draft picks for simply moving down 5 slots.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I get that, which is why if it would help/make it easier, we could just wait until post draft and then I see what combination of players I'd trade to get Trout. Just go through the draft process with all of my picks, then figure out how I could trade for Trout, if possible
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I get that, which is why if it would help/make it easier, we could just wait until post draft and then I see what combination of players I'd trade to get Trout. Just go through the draft process with all of my picks, then figure out how I could trade for Trout, if possible
I find this option agreeable if there are any objections to our trade.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Might as well just do that. Much easier. I'm just too impatient with things lol
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Might as well just do that. Much easier. I'm just too impatient with things lol
Edit: If Xio is more comfortable this way, I'm down with it.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 02-18-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I would prefer that if you guys find that agreeable. I really didn't think we'd have a problem, but I wasn't expecting having to evaluate the fairness of a blockbuster so early. We can't evaluate the fairness of a trade involving variable round draft picks yet. There's no precedent for this.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, I'm fine with it
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just let me know when I can pick.

Personally I'm not a fan of trading picks in the first year of a league.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Sorry guys. I feel kinda guilty for having to kill the deal, but I also think it's a league-altering decision from the get-go.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Blood, are you picking McCutchen if you're staying at 6?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep, that's who I was gonna take
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Sorry guys. I feel kinda guilty for having to kill the deal, but I also think it's a league-altering decision from the get-go.
Not a big deal. I'm new to the leagues on here so it's some trial and error for me when it comes to some things

I agree that pick trading is usually pretty tricky and rarely do it anyway. I'll just wait post draft to try and work something out