Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post

Personally I'm not a fan of trading picks in the first year of a league.
Maybe we should put this to a league vote. It's a significant decision.

Should draft pick trading be allowed?

I'm in favor of allowing people to simply trade draft positioning within rounds:

Example:

I trade my 2nd and 3rd round picks to Brodeur for his 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter to me. If people want to, they're welcome to.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind it. I don't think we'll see it too often though as is
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you filled in the unknowns in that cancelled trade, it would have probably looked something like Trout, 6th, 7th rounder for McCutchen, Tulowitzki and Hamels (guessing based on common preseason ranks).

I think it's important that we wait until we know exactly who those placeholder draft picks would have been. Thanks for being understanding of the dilemma, guys.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

GF is on the clock.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think it's important that we wait until we know exactly who those placeholder draft picks would have been. Thanks for being understanding of the dilemma, guys.
No worries. If the worst thing that happens on the first day of the draft is I get stuck with Trout, it's a pretty solid day.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was also able to use my sweet Cutch gif
Old 02-19-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little nervous about my pick because he has nothing around him right now but he should still put up his numbers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also not a big fan of trading picks during the draft especially the 1st year. I'd say wait until afterwards when rosters are completed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was torn here... until I realized it was a dynasty league and that changed everything.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is BF not picking on Tuesdays or something like that?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm also not a big fan of trading picks during the draft especially the 1st year. I'd say wait until afterwards when rosters are completed.
Yeah, I'm going to back this. Everyone should just be worrying about assembling their initial team and drafting guys they want (not for other people).

Draft rule: There will be no trading of draft picks or players during the draft. All trades will need to wait until the rosters are entered into ESPN and then subjected to a formal veto process.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Is BF not picking on Tuesdays or something like that?
He said he'd be unavailable to pick on Tuesdays, so this thing may completely stall today.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
He said he'd be unavailable to pick on Tuesdays, so this thing may completely stall today.
Well that's going to be a pain in the ass.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think I may be immediately open to trading Miguel Cabrera after the draft. Get your offers ready, kids.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's going to be a pain in the ass.
Good thing it's February.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hopefully we can get through a round tonight if BF makes an appearance. If anyone won't be around, please consider sending a 2-3 player list, or just post in the thread that you want a text alert.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be around but if I am not if its possible shoot me an email at ImBrotherCain@gmail.com

My apartment is a black hole for cell service but I always have my phone connected to my Wifi
Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Just shoot me a text if it gets all the way to me. Every single team drafts between now and when I'm up, so I can't exactly send a list.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giving me some time to make tiers, hadn't done any research prior to this :/

Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
giving me some time to make tiers, hadn't done any research prior to this :/
Yeah, the draft really snuck up on me.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't do research for drafts, I'm a real man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

On future Tuesdays, BF is going to have to leave a list of some sort. I don't blame him for this week since we originally weren't starting the draft until Wednesday.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I want to make my pick :-(
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It shows that BF was on the forums a little over an hour ago and didn't make his pick.

Sigh ...
Closed Thread