Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the HL from Newcastle-Metalist. Should've been 2-0, undoubtedly 1-0. Damn linesman. Gutted.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marco Reus is so sexy.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Marco Reus is so sexy.
Damn right he is.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Him and Ozil will both be finalists for the Ballon D'or at some point.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Him and Ozil will both be finalists for the Ballon D'or at some point.
Maybe. We'll see how long Messi and Ronaldo can go and Neymar will be a big threat going forward. Bale too.

Last edited by Rob S : 02-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Reus-trick

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Maybe. We'll see how long Messi and Ronaldo can go and Neymar will be a big threat going forward. Bale too.
I'm not as sold on Neymar as some people, seen too many games where he was non-effective, just taken out of the game, and started getting really bitchy. I love Bale and he's playing crazy awesome right now, but I still think Ozil's better right now, and I wonder whether we won't see Bale's effectiveness diminish if/when he eventually leaves the EPL in favor of Real. Plus he's got no big game resume yet, although Tottenham should be in the CL next year to start building one. And Reus I just love, it'll be tough for him to surpass Messi, Ronaldo and Ozil, but with his amazing combination of intelligence, skill, speed, scoring ability, and versatility, he's the perfect wing forward for this era of the game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not as sold on Neymar as some people, seen too many games where he was non-effective, just taken out of the game, and started getting really bitchy. I love Bale and he's playing crazy awesome right now, but I still think Ozil's better right now, and I wonder whether we won't see Bale's effectiveness diminish if/when he eventually leaves the EPL in favor of Real. Plus he's got no big game resume yet, although Tottenham should be in the CL next year to start building one. And Reus I just love, it'll be tough for him to surpass Messi, Ronaldo and Ozil, but with his amazing combination of intelligence, skill, speed, scoring ability, and versatility, he's the perfect wing forward for this era of the game.
yeah, neymar isn't gonna match his hype. as for bale..

Last edited by thefalconer : 02-16-2013 at 02:23 PM.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna be at the Newcastle vs Southampton game.

:b anana::ban ana::banan a: :b anana::ban ana::banan a: :b anana::ban ana:

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No big game resume? How about the game against Inter in CL a couple of seasons ago when he basically announced to the world the calibre of player he is. The media was going nuts after that game. His hat trick that game was sooooo sexy.

The only reason he doesn't have more 'big games' like that is because the team hasn't been well rounded enough to make it to them.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

You having to talk about a CL group game is kinda my point, and Spurs not giving him the opportunity to build on that was literally my next point.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You having to talk about a CL group game is kinda my point, and Spurs not giving him the opportunity to build on that was literally my next point.
You just said he hadn't had a big game. He has. When he actually had the opportunity to play a top flight European club he absolutely dominated. It's not really his fault that he has to put up with the likes of Jermaine Jenas and Roman Pavyluchenko and their mediocre play. The fact it was a group game doesn't really devalue how amazing he was that game and how badly he destroyed some of the best players in the world at the time.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I get that he's your boy, but one great CL group stage game two years ago doesn't equate to a big game resume. Yes he hasn't had the opportunities because of his team, but that doesn't make it untrue.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I get that he's your boy, but one great CL group stage game two years ago doesn't equate to a big game resume. Yes he hasn't had the opportunities because of his team, but that doesn't make it untrue.
All I'm saying is he has shined when he has played against top competition, which you kind of implied he had not done. Does he have an extensive resume? No. But it is not non-existent either.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't think no big game resume is really a big knock on Bale. He did ravage Inter and, well, you can't really be all that clutch in soccer. Granted, some players are (Gerrard comes to mind) and some disappear (Zlatan obviously). It's not basketball though and it's not all that important. I also see no reason why Bale wouldn't shine as he score critical goals all the time and has a bit of a flair foe the dramatic. I get that he's British and we all want to root against him because of it, but the dude is a top 5 player in the world right now and is playing better than anyone not named Messi or Ronaldo. I was the dude's harshest critic a couple years ago when he won PFA POTY, but he's world class now.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like getting to see McManaman play in the Cup competitions. Prem teams pretty much dominated today. Now hopefully Reading and Boro can pull off some upsets and help set up a City-Wigan final :D
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolute beauty of a team goal there.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob loses points for saying I like Juve as well. That's as false as can be. I want them out of Europe in the worst possible way.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Classic Chicharito positioning/movement/finish for that goal right there. Such a good poacher.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for this Arsenal/Bayern game. Don't get to see much of Bayern so I'm pumped to get a good look.

Porto/Malaga is a sneaky good tie as well. Isco is a monster.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Van Buyten is going to do his best to give Arsenal a chance.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Van Buyten is going to do his best to give Arsenal a chance.
Whats the deal with Badstuber and Boateng? Hurt? I haven't followed Munich all year either as they have basically run away with the Bundesliga.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Bayern aren't even looking good yet.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Whats the deal with Badstuber and Boateng? Hurt? I haven't followed Munich all year either as they have basically run away with the Bundesliga.
Bads is hurt, Boateng suspended, Kirchoff doesn't come in until the summer.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Gus Johnson is off to a miserable start in this game. You can't try to pronounce some names correctly and then some incorrectly. Either be 100% American or don't. He's also saying "in the area" and "the 6" way too much again.

As far as actual soccer goes, I think Bayern is getting settled in this game now. I do think they need a 2nd goal, though. Arsenal is looking fairly dangerous in spurts bc of their pace.