Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I know he's an offensive guy, but Stanford's HC is a guy I really like as well.

And Florida's HC.

Hell, I wouldn't mind Saban. I think Saban has a bad rep for the Miami fiasco but he'll have a franchise qb here, so he won't have that problem.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sign back Cruz, Nicks, and Bennett. Sign back Beatty. There. That's 4 FA moves for offense. That's enough for now.

Then in the draft we retool an old, complacent, and stale defense with young talent. And we let it develop, and we make another run. Eli has one more championship run left in him. We have to do what's best for the entire team and our chance of making 1 more run with him. Don't worry about your stats, and all that ********. Care about Super Bowls. We need to retool this defense.

Eli will make it work on offense.
Thats pretty much exactly what I have been thinking.

I expect most of the draft will be defense
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean...we're kind of loaded on offense (especially compared to defense) so it's not like we're leaving Eli with the Rams supporting cast on offense or anything.
Well it seems like we are loaded because we have a future HOF QB, and Gilbride is leagues ahead of the fools on the other side of the ball. Gilbride has been better than Lewis, Spags, Sheridan, and Fewell in my opinion. Gilbride deserves his props for his system and his ability to call plays. Eli gets his props for raising the game of everyone else around him, and can make players a lot better than they are from skill players to OL.

However, in a QB, offense driven league, we have to still realize that offense is our driving force for success. Sure the defense needs to not be pitiful, but the coaching on that side of the ball is garbage. We need to address that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well it seems like we are loaded because we have a future HOF QB, and Gilbride is leagues ahead of the fools on the other side of the ball. Gilbride has been better than Lewis, Spags, Sheridan, and Fewell in my opinion. Gilbride deserves his props for his system and his ability to call plays. Eli gets his props for raising the game of everyone else around him, and can make players a lot better than they are from skill players to OL.

However, in a QB, offense driven league, we have to still realize that offense is our driving force for success. Sure the defense needs to not be pitiful, but the coaching on that side of the ball is garbage. We need to address that.
Even with all of our issues on offense, we scored the most points in franchise history last year. We're loaded on offense. Stop it.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I did an interesting excercise to try and assess our needs.

The front office have always said they look long term with building the team (as they should)

With that in mind I fast forwarded it 12 months to look at where we would be situated roster wise on current contracts (and their 2014 cap numbers)+, it is rather enlightening.

QB
Manning: $20.4m

RB
Wilson: $1.82m
Scott: $0.66m*
Hynoski (RFA)

WR
Jernigan: $0.81m
Randle $0.87m

TE
Robinson: $0.76m

OL
Snee: $9m (player option)
Baas: $7.225m
Brewer: $0.76m
Mosley $0.65m
McCants: $0.50m
Goodin: $0.50m
Capers (ERFA)

DE
Kiwanuka: $6.55m
Pierre-Paul: $2.96m*
Ojomo: $0.57m
Broha:$ 0.5m

DT
Austin: $1.03m*
Kuhn $0.58m

LB
Williams: $0.67*
Paysinger (RFA)
Herzlich (RFA)

CB
Amukamara: $2.6m*
Hosley $0.71m


S
Rolle: $9.25m*
Sash: $0.67m
Hill: $0.57m


K
Buehler (RFA)

P
Weatherford: $2.7m

LS
DeOssie: $1.15m

*denoted final year of deal

As it currently stands we have in the vicinity of $74.54 already committed to the 2014 salary cap (which is expected to be generally the same).

Assuming we resign Cruz, Nicks, Bennett and Beatty this offseason, we have a pretty good idea of our other needs.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I did an interesting excercise to try and assess our needs.

The front office have always said they look long term with building the team (as they should)

With that in mind I fast forwarded it 12 months to look at where we would be situated roster wise on current contracts (and their 2014 cap numbers)+, it is rather enlightening.

QB
Manning: $20.4m

RB
Wilson: $1.82m
Scott: $0.66m*
Hynoski (RFA)

WR
Jernigan: $0.81m
Randle $0.87m

TE
Robinson: $0.76m

OL
Snee: $9m (player option)
Baas: $7.225m
Brewer: $0.76m
Mosley $0.65m
McCants: $0.50m
Goodin: $0.50m
Capers (ERFA)

DE
Kiwanuka: $6.55m
Pierre-Paul: $2.96m*
Ojomo: $0.57m
Broha:$ 0.5m

DT
Austin: $1.03m*
Kuhn $0.58m

LB
Williams: $0.67*
Paysinger (RFA)
Herzlich (RFA)

CB
Amukamara: $2.6m*
Hosley $0.71m


S
Rolle: $9.25m*
Sash: $0.67m
Hill: $0.57m


K
Buehler (RFA)

P
Weatherford: $2.7m

LS
DeOssie: $1.15m

*denoted final year of deal

As it currently stands we have in the vicinity of $74.54 already committed to the 2014 salary cap (which is expected to be generally the same).

Assuming we resign Cruz, Nicks, Bennett and Beatty this offseason, we have a pretty good idea of our other needs.
Based on this excerise, I would grade our positional need priority as follows
(I am assuming we resign Nicks, Cruz, Beatty and Bennett)

QB: Low
RB: Low to Medium
WR: Low to Medium
TE: Low
OL: Medium to High

DE: Medium to High
DT: Very High
LB: High
CB: Very High
S: High to Very High

K: High
P: N/A
LS: N/A
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well it seems like we are loaded because we have a future HOF QB, and Gilbride is leagues ahead of the fools on the other side of the ball. Gilbride has been better than Lewis, Spags, Sheridan, and Fewell in my opinion. Gilbride deserves his props for his system and his ability to call plays. Eli gets his props for raising the game of everyone else around him, and can make players a lot better than they are from skill players to OL.

However, in a QB, offense driven league, we have to still realize that offense is our driving force for success. Sure the defense needs to not be pitiful, but the coaching on that side of the ball is garbage. We need to address that.
Offense is important

It is true that perhaps it hasn't been prioritised as much as the defense. For example we spent $48.7 million of our 2012 salary cap on offense, which was 24th in the league in spending. Much of that was on Eli and the Oline.

I believe this year our free agency priority will be all offense. I expect our major priorities will be retaining Beatty, Bennett, Nicks and Cruz.
With that in place, we can build on the good offense we have and other than retooling the Oline (and we already have some guys with potential), we are set.

Look at defense, we have major gaps looming at all levels.

We need seconday, we need DTs, we would like DEs to develop, we need LBs.

Reaslistically the defense is likely to need at least 6 or 7 new starters by the start of the 2014 season. Only three players of last year's regular defensive starters are currently under contract for 2014 (JPP, Amukamara and Rolle), you can probably expect we want Joseph to return, but still this is going to be a heck of an overhaul; much of which will have to come through the draft.

No matter how good the offense is, you can't expect them to consistently score 50+ points each week in order to be in a position to win a game.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-19-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typos
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Even with all of our issues on offense, we scored the most points in franchise history last year. We're loaded on offense. Stop it.
We had a lot of issues. In this offensive era, records like that will be broken on both sides of the ball. Defenses will get bent over when they are bad, like the Saints, and franchises will set highs and lows. Expect more of it.

Where are we loaded? QB is a HOFer. Nicks is great, but a can't stay healthy. Justin Tuck of offense he is health wise. Cruz is solid for us but RFA and still up in the air. R.R. is a work in progress. Wilson is a work in progress, but good potential. Then what? JJ? Hixon is a FA, Barden and Beckum are useless.

TE is up in the air. MB is a FA, and we have the JPP of TEs! YAY! What about our OL? Beatty is a 28 year old LT who played well, but has yet to start a season. Boothe is good but a FA. We can upgrade. Baas is a china doll and has yet played up to his potential or contract. Snee HAS been solid, but getting older, and now coming off surgery. If I am not mistaken he had a hand or arm injury too. RT we have no one proven.

So in conclusion, we are FAR from loaded. We have potential guys we like. We have ELi which is great, but we need things to break right. We need health on offense which will help greatly. Our OL is in flux, TE is in flux, WR is better, but we need Cruz to come back. We have zero depth either. RB is better with Wilson and Brown, but none can show they can carry a full season. I am willing to see I like Wilson's potential, but Brown has proven to be a china doll too. 2 big injuries now on his resume.

So loaded is NOT the word I would use on offense. Not even close.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You are so spoiled its not even funny. All we have to do is re-sign our guys on offense and we're fine. The OL will sort itself out. We'll spend a pick on the OL. Locklear may come back. The run game will dramatically improve with Wilson and Brown taking all the carries now. The pass game will dramatically improve with Randle developing and Nicks getting healthy. The offense is gonna be loaded next year. Stop crying about it.

We need defense. We need defense badly.

When a sports car has a flat tire, you replace the tire. You don't add horsepower to it. You're not addressing the team, T-E-A-M properly by wanting to invest more into the offense.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You are so spoiled its not even funny. All we have to do is re-sign our guys on offense and we're fine. The OL will sort itself out. We'll spend a pick on the OL. Locklear may come back. The run game will dramatically improve with Wilson and Brown taking all the carries now. The pass game will dramatically improve with Randle developing and Nicks getting healthy. The offense is gonna be loaded next year. Stop crying about it.

We need defense. We need defense badly.

When a sports car has a flat tire, you replace the tire. You don't add horsepower to it. You're not addressing the team, T-E-A-M properly by wanting to invest more into the offense.
Spoiled? Not even close. I am realistic. In an offense driven league, your opinion on loaded it out there.

All we have to do. Yeah but those guys aren't 100% re-signed. It's up in the air. You know this. That sounds ominous. The OL will sort itself out. And in the process if our HOF QB breaks, then ah well. Our OL pick better not be what you and I think it will be. Haha damn our mid round developmental picks. That's a remote thrower for me.

SL messed up his knee, I don't want him back. Christ this whole OL will be broken guys coming. If the OL can't be effective, they will suck pass blocking AND run blocking. So it won't matter who we have running the ball.

Like I said, Nicks is made of glass, and R.R. is still developing. We have ZERO depth but that's for later. The offense is FAR from loaded. Now joke with you because it's amusing to gauge your reaction.

I do realistically recognize we need defense. However, our system sucks big c... Until that element is rectified, you can have god himself play on defense at all spots and still be garbage. That's where my anger rests! Musical f'ing DCs! Investing more picks to a piss poor coordinator isn't going to do anything. Sure, realistically, do we need to fill spots. Well of course, but as long as we have bad DCs, we are wasting Eli's prime.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Spoiled? Not even close. I am realistic. In an offense driven league, your opinion on loaded it out there.

All we have to do. Yeah but those guys aren't 100% re-signed. It's up in the air. You know this. That sounds ominous. The OL will sort itself out. And in the process if our HOF QB breaks, then ah well. Our OL pick better not be what you and I think it will be. Haha damn our mid round developmental picks. That's a remote thrower for me.

SL messed up his knee, I don't want him back. Christ this whole OL will be broken guys coming. If the OL can't be effective, they will suck pass blocking AND run blocking. So it won't matter who we have running the ball.

Like I said, Nicks is made of glass, and R.R. is still developing. We have ZERO depth but that's for later. The offense is FAR from loaded. Now joke with you because it's amusing to gauge your reaction.

I do realistically recognize we need defense. However, our system sucks big c... Until that element is rectified, you can have god himself play on defense at all spots and still be garbage. That's where my anger rests! Musical f'ing DCs! Investing more picks to a piss poor coordinator isn't going to do anything. Sure, realistically, do we need to fill spots. Well of course, but as long as we have bad DCs, we are wasting Eli's prime.
And our offense was the 6th highest scoring offense in the league. So even when comparing it to other offenses, it was very impressive, in a down year where our #1 WR was a decoy all season.

So yes, you are spoiled.

As the 6th highest scoring offense in the league, we were scored 26.8 ppg. The 5th rated offense, GB, scored 27.1.

A whopping 0.3 more ppg. The 3rd rated offense, NO, scored 28.8 ppg. 2 more points per game than us.

And we had a down year offensively bc of teams scheming against our WR rules and Nicks getting hurt.

And we still produced that effectively. So yes, you're actually not only being spoiled, you're being ridiculously spoiled.

With our OL issues, with our #1 WR being hurt, with our #3 WR being Hixon (who will be upgraded by Randle next year), with our run game being handicapped by Bradshaw, we were STILL that good on offense.

Next year we'll have a healthy Nicks, Cruz, Randle, an improved run game with Brown and Wilson, we'll be even better on offense. This is assuming we sign our guys back, which I have every intention to believe happens.

So what are you bitching about? Just stop man. The offense is fine. Not everyone is New England.

Oh btw, how many SBs did New England win lately?
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

ahead of free agency, we do have major needs on both sides of the ball.

One of the things we do need to do is retain the key pieces of offense who are off contract (which I think we will)

We will plug some of the defensive needs with good value free agents

After that the draft is a crap shoot, it will all depend on what players become available at each pick. Realistically I wouldn't have considered the Randle selection for example to be a need last year, but I can't argue with the pick.

I don't see much point arguing defense vs offense; in both our recent SB runs, we needed both sides of the ball to show up.

I am focusing more on what Reese and co are likley to do rather than an ideal world of wants or wish lists. They have already said the defense is going to be different, so expect some changes.

We know how the Giants tend to do business and there will be more up heaval that usual. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Not even close man. I don't care how NE does. They are not my team. You're view on loaded is so out there. We are far from loaded. We have players we like, in R.R. and Wilson, but still developing. Our OL is Flux, WRs are in Flux, and TE is in flux. That's far from loaded. That's even talking about injuries impacting the offense AND brain farts by various players all season long. Play calling in the red zone was piss poor too. We have a lot to do on offense to hit our potential which I know we can do. We need health, and need to develop our guys.

Health is a key thing. It will come down to our OL which will dictate how we do passing the ball and how we do running the ball. If we can stay healthy, then we should be fine. However, I don't expect us to be healthy. We seem to always be hurt. Right now we lack depth as well.

Our defense can obviously use increase in talent, but it won't matter with the coordinator we have. Come back when Fewell gets his scheme fixed or we get a better DC. Until then, go head pour talent on defense. It won't matter. Fool doesn't blitz and when he does it lacks creativity. Get a new DC, who can actually utilize our personnel properly, and we can go from there.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Not even close man. I don't care how NE does. They are not my team. You're view on loaded is so out there. We are far from loaded. We have players we like, in R.R. and Wilson, but still developing. Our OL is Flux, WRs are in Flux, and TE is in flux. That's far from loaded. That's even talking about injuries impacting the offense AND brain farts by various players all season long. Play calling in the red zone was piss poor too. We have a lot to do on offense to hit our potential which I know we can do. We need health, and need to develop our guys.

Health is a key thing. It will come down to our OL which will dictate how we do passing the ball and how we do running the ball. If we can stay healthy, then we should be fine. However, I don't expect us to be healthy. We seem to always be hurt. Right now we lack depth as well.

Our defense can obviously use increase in talent, but it won't matter with the coordinator we have. Come back when Fewell gets his scheme fixed or we get a better DC. Until then, go head pour talent on defense. It won't matter. Fool doesn't blitz and when he does it lacks creativity. Get a new DC, who can actually utilize our personnel properly, and we can go from there.
What do you want from our offense? Like what more do you possibly want?

You keep saying look at other offenses. Well I'm looking at them. And guess what? They all have holes too. There's no such thing as a complete offense.

Our WRs blow NE out of the water. They don't have an unbelievable OL either. They have Brady and 2 good TEs. And they make it work.

That's what life in the NFL is nowadays. You make it work. That's the job of a HOF qb. That's what Eli is supposed to do. Make it work.

You can't have a guarantee at every position. You're gonna have question marks. You have to project talent into certain positions. We have potential to have a top 3 offense in the league easily next year if we re-sign our guys. Our run game is going to dramatically improve with Bradshaw gone. Look at how good our run game was last year when he was hurt. It was exponentially better.

Our passing game will dramatically improve with the simple fact that Nicks will be healthy. That alone makes it better. Now couple the fact that Randle will be our 3 and how good he's looked in his limited playing time and you can't help but get excited about our passing game. And I don't even care about TE anymore. Pope can turn me into a TE and make it work at this point. The track record is there.

So what more do you want? Why cant you see how unrealistic you are being about this?

I just showed you proof that our offense is even with all our current issues one of the best in the league, and will only get better. What more do you want?

Meanwhile our defense was one of the worst in the league. And you want more offense? How does that make any sense?
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
ahead of free agency, we do have major needs on both sides of the ball.

One of the things we do need to do is retain the key pieces of offense who are off contract (which I think we will)

We will plug some of the defensive needs with good value free agents

After that the draft is a crap shoot, it will all depend on what players become available at each pick. Realistically I wouldn't have considered the Randle selection for example to be a need last year, but I can't argue with the pick.

I don't see much point arguing defense vs offense; in both our recent SB runs, we needed both sides of the ball to show up.

I am focusing more on what Reese and co are likley to do rather than an ideal world of wants or wish lists. They have already said the defense is going to be different, so expect some changes.

We know how the Giants tend to do business and there will be more up heaval that usual. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I agree, both have been a big factor for us. I don't see Fewell as the long term answer, and I knew right after we won, that the SB win saved his job with us. This team is at a cross roads right now with a lot of free agents and Reese has to spend wisely.

Defensively we have Ojomo, Yosi, Kiwi, Tuck, and JPP. 2 of those guys are unproven but have potential. So we have to see how they do. Tuck is useless right now. Can't stay healthy, set the edge, or get stacks now. Kiwi I think can do something, and JPP needs to bounce back and have a big year.

LBs, we have JW, Herzlich, who was supposed to win the job according to P.Dott, but that didn't happen. Herzlich didn't seize the job outright. So drafting a MIke like Alec O. or Mante Teo could be an option. DT is a major need an area especially since we can't stop the run.

Our Cbs could use an upgrade, however, they all seem to be made of class. Only healthy guy was Webster who now could be declining. So that will be an area worth watching.

We can use an increase in all areas. However, Fewell is a moron, so I don't expect much in terms of personnel utilization.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What do you want from our offense? Like what more do you possibly want?

You keep saying look at other offenses. Well I'm looking at them. And guess what? They all have holes too. There's no such thing as a complete offense.

Our WRs blow NE out of the water. They don't have an unbelievable OL either. They have Brady and 2 good TEs. And they make it work.

That's what life in the NFL is nowadays. You make it work. That's the job of a HOF qb. That's what Eli is supposed to do. Make it work.

You can't have a guarantee at every position. You're gonna have question marks. You have to project talent into certain positions. We have potential to have a top 3 offense in the league easily next year if we re-sign our guys. Our run game is going to dramatically improve with Bradshaw gone. Look at how good our run game was last year when he was hurt. It was exponentially better.

Our passing game will dramatically improve with the simple fact that Nicks will be healthy. That alone makes it better. Now couple the fact that Randle will be our 3 and how good he's looked in his limited playing time and you can't help but get excited about our passing game. And I don't even care about TE anymore. Pope can turn me into a TE and make it work at this point. The track record is there.

So what more do you want? Why cant you see how unrealistic you are being about this?

I just showed you proof that our offense is even with all our current issues one of the best in the league, and will only get better. What more do you want?

Meanwhile our defense was one of the worst in the league. And you want more offense? How does that make any sense?

This is a waste of time. I will agree to disagree. As frustrated you are with me, I am equally annoyed with you. So let's leave it at that. I said what I needed to say.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
This is a waste of time. I will agree to disagree. As frustrated you are with me, I am equally annoyed with you. So let's leave it at that. I said what I needed to say.
You know I still love you papito.

But I will laugh when we select a raw OL talent in round 4.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The biggest need in my opinion is at CB

We have

Amukama - looks like he is emerging as a solid starter

Hosley - looks like he is emerging as a nickle CB

Webster, an aging vet on a huge contract who isn't the player he used to be

after that, no-one (Thomas is a potential safety at best imho).


With the prolific passing offenses we need 3 starting calibre corners, currently we have one. Webster and Hosely can contribute, but neither are starting quality).

I can only think we are going to rework Webster's deal so we can keep him around much like what we had with Madison and McQuarters. The delay may be due to just how desperately thin our corner stocks are.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know I still love you papito.

But I will laugh when we select a raw OL talent in round 4.
: )

Dude.. if that happens, crack open a window and tilt your head. You should hear someone screaming something to the effect of Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. followed by Damn you BBD.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The biggest need in my opinion is at CB

We have

Amukama - looks like he is emerging as a solid starter

Hosley - looks like he is emerging as a nickle CB

Webster, an aging vet on a huge contract who isn't the player he used to be

after that, no-one (Thomas is a potential safety at best imho).


With the prolific passing offenses we need 3 starting calibre corners, currently we have one. Webster and Hosely can contribute, but neither are starting quality).

I can only think we are going to rework Webster's deal so we can keep him around much like what we had with Madison and McQuarters. The delay may be due to just how desperately thin our corner stocks are.
CB is a big need. I don't see a 1st round CB to justify taking though. I like the value in the 2nd round, but I won't take Trufant over an OL talent or DL talent in the 1st.

The CB class is weak at the top.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,899
Reputation: 3803561
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
: )

Dude.. if that happens, crack open a window and tilt your head. You should hear someone screaming something to the effect of Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. followed by Damn you BBD.
Haha. To be honest with you, there are a ton of OL talents I would love in round 1 and would have no problem with. I just don't want to draft offense unless it's BPA, bc our issues on defense are so much more severe to me.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The biggest need in my opinion is at CB

We have

Amukama - looks like he is emerging as a solid starter

Hosley - looks like he is emerging as a nickle CB

Webster, an aging vet on a huge contract who isn't the player he used to be

after that, no-one (Thomas is a potential safety at best imho).


With the prolific passing offenses we need 3 starting calibre corners, currently we have one. Webster and Hosely can contribute, but neither are starting quality).

I can only think we are going to rework Webster's deal so we can keep him around much like what we had with Madison and McQuarters. The delay may be due to just how desperately thin our corner stocks are.

That's a huge problem. Prince is the only good Cb. The others need to lift their game. One is declining and the other one needs to develop. What bothers me is we run a system, where we don't blitz the safeties or Cbs. Everything is about the 4 man rush. When we do blitz a LB he never gets home. It gets picked up, and we get picked apart.

There is a first round CB, I don't mind if he is drafted. Are there any good Cbs in free agency? This is why guys like DD, Tuck, and Webster need to fix their contracts or get cut. Losing Webster won't help but maybe we can get a few Cbs via free agency for the price.

Schematically, Fewell puts himself in a bind. Factor in player play and injuries, and no wonder our defense is pathetic!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,858
Reputation: 106649
Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That's a huge problem. Prince is the only good Cb. The others need to lift their game. One is declining and the other one needs to develop. What bothers me is we run a system, where we don't blitz the safeties or Cbs. Everything is about the 4 man rush. When we do blitz a LB he never gets home. It gets picked up, and we get picked apart.

There is a first round CB, I don't mind if he is drafted. Are there any good Cbs in free agency? This is why guys like DD, Tuck, and Webster need to fix their contracts or get cut. Losing Webster won't help but maybe we can get a few Cbs via free agency for the price.

Schematically, Fewell puts himself in a bind. Factor in player play and injuries, and no wonder our defense is pathetic!
I don't see great value at CB at #19

there will be very good value in the second and third rounds of the draft.

Not many FA CBs stand out to me, one guy I like as an option is Brent Grimes (Falcons). Other guys I think could be decent value are Mike Jenkins (Cowboys) and Leodis McKelvin (Bills).
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wonder LM would be reasonably priced. If we do go for good value in later rounds, I wonder if we can play them from day 1. I don't think we can afford to red shirt anyone at CB due to the scraps we have.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 23,872
Reputation: 3831746
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

CB should be REALLY good in rounds 2 or 3. Lots of prospects I like that we could snag. Honestly, Ziggy round 1, a LB or DT round 2 and CB round 3 is perfect.

Followed by a converted TE to OL in round 4, a safety round 5 and then probably a CB and RB
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.