Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I bought the Spotify unlimited package also. Totally worth the $9 a month.

FireFly Music Festival announced their lineup this morning and needless to say that I will be going this year. I'll probably do the 3 day pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
wow great lineup for firefly this year. anyone been to sasquatch? their lineup is a dream lineup for me, wish i could make it out to seattle one day. the hangout lineup is out and bonnaroo is announcing their lineup via their youtube channel at 1 EST.
I saw Firefly's lineup this morning and it seriously made me re-consider not going again. Whoever runs that festival seems dead set on making that a top festival within the next few years, and if they keep it up, they'll get it. Their lineup is really impressive, so stacked from the second tier all the way to the end, honestly, and I think they're going to be announcing another headliner soon. I honestly think the two best festivals of the year were announced today.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

This is really good.
I'm honestly in shock at how stacked this lineup is. I was half expecting a handful of the names on the list thanks to a buddy of mine who somehow has some inside info, but there were still plenty of shocks on there. For my money, the best festival of the year, and there is a considerable gap between second place (Firefly). My and a few of my buddies have been talking ever since it was announced and we are still in shock at how unreal this lineup is set up, and they are going to have another dozen or so more musical acts to announce yet, too!

There are 40 bands I want to see, and that's just on the ones I'm familiar with. I thought last year was incredible, and it was, but this year may end up surpassing it for me, there are so many bands I've been waiting to see, or see again that I really don't know how I'm going to make the schedule work. I'm like a little kid who already knows exactly what he's getting for Christmas, but its just strictly joy and excitement. It looks like it'll be another set of the 4 best days of my life all over again. McGee is correct in assuming I would freak out like a teenage girl, because, I kinda did, in my own way. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face all day and my heart rate probably went up a good 10-15 bpm since the lineup was announced. This is incredible, and I can't wait to go back!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Just one comment pls... like? no like?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I saw Firefly's lineup this morning and it seriously made me re-consider not going again. Whoever runs that festival seems dead set on making that a top festival within the next few years, and if they keep it up, they'll get it. Their lineup is really impressive, so stacked from the second tier all the way to the end, honestly, and I think they're going to be announcing another headliner soon. I honestly think the two best festivals of the year were announced today.
Yeah I was expecting some of the names like MGMT and Passion Pit but the depth of the acts is insane. I've been sulking for a year now because I skipped it last year but I think it's 100% I go this Summer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Soja play with Slightly Stoopid and 311 early this summer. I grew up in Southern California with a family that bumped Bob Marley so naturally I took to the reggae scene early.

Soja Fan here. Do you listen to Rebelution D-Unit?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just one comment pls... like? no like?
Soja is ******* groovy as ****. I found out about them after I could have seen them at Roo last year, I kinda feel like I missed out, honestly. Everyone at Roo (including Flea from RHCP) said they were a ******* incredible show.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I saw Soja play with Slightly Stoopid and 311 early this summer. I grew up in Southern California with a family that bumped Bob Marley so naturally I took to the reggae scene early.

Soja Fan here. Do you listen to Rebelution D-Unit?
sweet Punisher! Never heard of Rebelution.... *youtube here i come*

any particular favorites?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I was expecting some of the names like MGMT and Passion Pit but the depth of the acts is insane. I've been sulking for a year now because I skipped it last year but I think it's 100% I go this Summer.
With Bonnaroo's lineup announced, I'm still not sure if I am going to do Firefly again this year (if I can even swing it), but there are a lot of names on that Firefly lineup who I haven't seen yet. The only problem is after Roo, I will have seen a lot of them. There are a lot of smaller bands that are going to be at Firefly that aren't at Roo (some more bands will be announced for Roo, but those are needles in haystacks) that I want to see that may sway me into going to Firefly again if I can pull it off, but I am taking a wait and see approach on Firefly this year.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - We The Common

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sweet Punisher! Never heard of Rebelution.... *youtube here i come*

any particular favorites?
Songs: Suffering, Courage To Grow, Safe and Sound, Sky is the Limit, Otherside
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rapidly becoming a favorite artist.

Ambivalence Avenue - Bibio

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Bonnaroo (and most other festival sites) have a cool feature where you can make your own "custom lineup", and mine is highlighted in red. There are 45 acts this year, already, that I want to at least see part of. There are a few I've got highlighted it won't kill me to miss, as well as some that aren't highlighted that I may end up seeing, but for the most part this is what I'm looking at as it stands right now, for my Bonnaroo. I haven't looked too much into some of the names I don't recognize yet, but I'm sure that'll change and I may end up having this list over 50, and will have to make some serious consolations once I find out the schedule. Anybody have any recommendations on bands that'll be at Roo that I shouldn't miss? Or bands that you've seen live that'll be at Roo, and your impression of their live show? Recommendations or anything, fire away.

Oh yeah, the link...
http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/user/9277..._share_profile

Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've listened to this song like 15 times in the past two days.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I've listened to this song like 15 times in the past two days.

Still my favorite of their songs. Also, sarf showed them to me like three years ago, so thanks, sarf.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd never heard of them, but somehow part of the song was stuck in my head, a little googling later and I've been listening to it all day.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

So I really really really really really like Milo Greene. A lot.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is hypnotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bonnaroo (and most other festival sites) have a cool feature where you can make your own "custom lineup", and mine is highlighted in red. There are 45 acts this year, already, that I want to at least see part of. There are a few I've got highlighted it won't kill me to miss, as well as some that aren't highlighted that I may end up seeing, but for the most part this is what I'm looking at as it stands right now, for my Bonnaroo. I haven't looked too much into some of the names I don't recognize yet, but I'm sure that'll change and I may end up having this list over 50, and will have to make some serious consolations once I find out the schedule. Anybody have any recommendations on bands that'll be at Roo that I shouldn't miss? Or bands that you've seen live that'll be at Roo, and your impression of their live show? Recommendations or anything, fire away.

Oh yeah, the link...
http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/user/9277..._share_profile
The link wouldn't bring up your schedule :( I'd love to see it and recommend somethings if I can!

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
The link wouldn't bring up your schedule :( I'd love to see it and recommend somethings if I can!
Well that sucks, I'll see if I can bring it up another way.

Edit: you have to be logged into Bonnaroo's site, so I'm doing a screen grab.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 02-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The ones I'm currently planning on (trying) to see are in red, and subject to change.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of that list, I would be most excited to see Gaslight. Those dudes put on a kickass show. One of the few bands making music these days I downright love.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Of that list, I would be most excited to see Gaslight. Those dudes put on a kickass show. One of the few bands making music these days I downright love.
I haven't listened to too much of them up until this week, but I really really like what I've heard. They are a band I would really rather not miss.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I haven't listened to too much of them up until this week, but I really really like what I've heard. They are a band I would really rather not miss.
The three major albums are all really great. '59 Sound is probably my favorite, but the new album was actually damn good as well. They also put on a kickass show...Huge smiles the whole time, really thankful, totally into the fans and just cranking out good tunes. I was loving it.
Quote: