Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time believing he is 6'3, but we shall see. I hope he is.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. If he is actually 6'3, it makes him one of the tallest top WR prospects in the class, which is just another plus on his resume.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Speaking of which, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Keenan doesn't participate at the Combine. I haven't heard if he is going to or not, but I wouldn't be shocked if he still wasn't 100% and wanted to wait for the Cal Pro Day.
Called it..
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

I wonder why.

I bet he could easily run a 4.3 40.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt that, hes a 4.5 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
I wonder why.

I bet he could easily run a 4.3 40.
He still isn't 100% over his knee injury.

I said before that it wouldn't shock me if he held out until his Pro Day. Also, no way he is a 4.3 guy.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Internet sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i liked the comparison from Keenan Allen to Miles Austin. Smooth YAC guy.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I agree. His size/stature remind me of Michael Crabtree, who was listed at 6'3" coming in but measured barely over 6'1" at the Combine.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cal had desean jackson listed at 6-0 and he came in at 5-9 lol

allen looks about 6-2 or 6-3 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Maynard measured 6'1-7/8".

Here are two angles of Allen and Maynard next to each other. It's clear Allen is taller. I'd say Allen is at least 6'2-1/2".

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a diehard 49er fan, and I'm with you guys who see some Crabtree in him. Some striking similiarities.

I heard Bill Polian compare him to Reggie Wayne. That's some nice praise.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be fine in the 40, but I'd like to see him in the agility times. I do like him, but I'm not convinced he's the best in the class.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 AM    (permalink
RedMeat
Rookie

RedMeat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He's one of the most physical wide receivers in this class. He's got a large catching radius, can high-point the ball, can catch the ball away from his body, and is more explosive than you're giving him credit for. His sophomore tape is impressive enough that I am writing off this year's dip in production to be a combination of injuries and lackluster quarterback play. He's aggressive and competes for balls in the air. He can sink his hips and make sharp cuts in his routes to get separation. He has a commanding physical presence on the field, generally being bigger and stronger, as well as comparably fast, to the defensive back who is covering him. Watch the first play on that Oregon clip. He's not in the Tavon Austin/Denard Robinson realm of creating in open space, but I think he's one of, if not the, best open-field runner among the "big" receivers in this class.
To be fair, I had spent most of my time looking at Patterson first. Then onto Allen to see what the buzz was about. OMG. It was like watching a OT playing TE. No separation at the college level. Falling down time after time during first move. Happy for him he ran High school sprints, I sure didn't see any speed, at any time. Now how this works going to NFL type coverage, does not look good. Honestly, I don't even see 2nd round talent. For 15 yards, draft a fast TE, move the chains cheaper. Went next to see Hopkins. Now this kid looked so different. Separation, quickness, excellent deep ball awareness. Yet everyone has Allen rated over Hopkins. What am I missing!!
Next up 6'4 Justin Hunter. Excellent speed. Now that looks nice. Makes Allen appear like he is running with sand bags strapped to his legs. In Allen I see a very limited, nice college possession type WR. In summary,close your eyes, say yet another Michigan/USC WR clone all wrapped in hype with another below average NFL career ahead of him. How much weight he can trim off and work with his speed coach before his pro day 40 is to be determined, if you like numbers.

Last edited by RedMeat : 03-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.
RedMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's one of those guys that will fall because of his time and end up being a good player. Top of the second round if Miami can move up and take him to team him up with lets say a Mike Wallace would be great for that young offense.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red flagged because of a drug test

http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears...ock-clouded-by

High amounts of water in his system. What a dope fiend
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hydrated at the Combine!?! What a fool.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the difference between Allen and for Arizona Wildcat and current Raider WR Juron Criner?? Same dude basically. I really liked Criner last year but he ended up being taken in the 5th round.

We'll see if a big WR with good tools but poor quickness and foot speed ends up being drafted in the first 3 rounds.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What's the difference between Allen and for Arizona Wildcat and current Raider WR Juron Criner?? Same dude basically. I really liked Criner last year but he ended up being taken in the 5th round.

We'll see if a big WR with good tools but poor quickness and foot speed ends up being drafted in the first 3 rounds.
Allen is more sudden and has better ball skills. Better question is, what's the difference between Allen and Aaron Dobson?
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote