Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I wonder LM would be reasonably priced. If we do go for good value in later rounds, I wonder if we can play them from day 1. I don't think we can afford to red shirt anyone at CB due to the scraps we have.
I think McKelvin would be reasonably priced, he also had success in Fewell's scheme in Buffalo.

If we can restructure Webster, sign McKelvin and draft a rookie like Logan Ryan or Will Davis in the 2nd/3rd and we are set.

Amukamara, Webster, McKelvin, Hosley, Ryan/Davis
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would add DJ Moore (Bears) as a FA CB option I like as well
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Kevin Boss has been cut by the Chiefs, is he worth being picked up as a cheap TE option?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Kevin Boss has been cut by the Chiefs, is he worth being picked up as a cheap TE option?
No he needs to retire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am curious about Packers LB Brad Jones as a MLB option, what are people's thoughts on him?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Giants have hired a new defensive quality control coach, Robbie Leonard

Leonard was teammate of Markus Kuhn at NC State.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the CB discussion in here, if we are going to take a CB at #19, it better be Milliner or Trufant. But we're probably not going to pick one before the third round. If so, I want Jordan Poyer. I like him a lot.

But honestly, I would love to have Trufant with our first round pick. I think he's going to be a great NFL CB.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to look at Trufant more. Isn't he on the small size? I like big CBs.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder whats going to happen to the other guys with higher contracts. Are they safe or are we not done with cuts yet?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder whats going to happen to the other guys with higher contracts. Are they safe or are we not done with cuts yet?
We have some time still. It's still two weeks until the new NFL year starts. And we are already under the cap. I'm sure there have been discussions about restructures going on.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am curious to see. I figured by the way it was going that we would cut those people on the list all at once. I was expecting that. I really want to see what happens to DD, Webster and Tuck. I doubt tuck goes anywhere but the others i wonder about.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like big CBs check out Banks and Rhodes, I got a good feeling about Banks that he is going to turn into something special in the NFL.

Other guys that I like as later round options are Will Davis(I want him to put on a little weight and his tackling worries me a little, but I love his potential) and Jamar Taylor. Leon McFadden is interesting, but he is only 5'10. I want a guy in rounds 2-4 who we feel has the potential to be a #1 or #2 CB, not a nickel guy since we already have Hosley.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 02-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am curious to see. I figured by the way it was going that we would cut those people on the list all at once. I was expecting that. I really want to see what happens to DD, Webster and Tuck. I doubt tuck goes anywhere but the others i wonder about.
Maybe those are the guys they want back? I would think at a different price but those negotiations take time.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I like this guy kenny vaccaro from texas. He seems to be a good safety who can cover the slot too. That would be a great asset if rolle and KV can do this.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'd be shocked if Webster, Diehl, Snee, and maybe even Rolle don't restructure somehow.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is Rolle's last year with the team. I think we cut him next year. Which makes safety a need regardless of whether we keep KP or not.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Lets see what hill can do and Vaccaro under a new.dc. I want to see our safeties blitzing more. Thats a great part of Spags scheme i like.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I like this guy kenny vaccaro from texas. He seems to be a good safety who can cover the slot too. That would be a great asset if rolle and KV can do this.
I like Vaccaro. He's a legit possibility at 19 for us.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I keep forgetting that we have Will Hill. I actually like Hill a lot.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Id sign off on this. I also like that fat DT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia at some point. Also on NFL network.marcus lattimore is healing well. Id trade my mid round OL and.add this guy . He and wilson would amazing. Also eyeing Rhodes at CB.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore in the 3rd or 4th would be a good gamble. I'd love to do it. Before his injuries I think he was the best RB prospect since Peterson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I dunno man. Is it worth it?

The guy's knee is made of silly putty at this point.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Probably not in the 3rd. In the 4th or later I'd say it's a good gamble to take.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have to look at Trufant more. Isn't he on the small size? I like big CBs.
5-11 190 by the senior bowl numbers. He's awesome. He was awesome all week at the senior bowl, and he played great all season long. His team left him on an island, and he barely gave up plays, let alone TDs. His only "flaw" is ball skills, but my point to that is how are you going to make plays on the ball when the opposing team don't even pass your way.

I think he will be a great NFL CB. He has the mindset, the pedigree and the physical skills to play CB at a high level in the NFL.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

He is an amazing talent, who won't be used this season due to health, and because we probably would red shirt him anyways. So this pick is an investment. Not sure this upcoming season but for the following one. We are buying a dented can of goods cheaper, however, the raw goods on this prospect is VERY good.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Didn't Andre Brown have 2 similar injuries to Lattimore and look at him now. It's woth a late round pick for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher