Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...d-found-guilty

"Prosecutors said after the verdict was read that they were not recommending a sentence, the World-Herald reported, adding that typical sentence for a crime like assaulting an officer range from probation (no jail time) to 180 days behind bars"

Well lets hope for the former, but I highly doubt he avoids jail time. Really hoping we keep Talib now tho.
If he avoids jail, Goodell will suspend him to protect the shield and show that the NFL takes things like this serious.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If he avoids jail, Goodell will suspend him to protect the shield and show that the NFL takes things like this serious.
Is he able to suspend him seeing as he wasn't part of the NFL when it happened???

I think Dennard will see time in jail but it likely won't be overly long, might do him for the year though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be bull if Goodell suspended him for that since he wasn't technically a part of the NFL yet.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Is he able to suspend him seeing as he wasn't part of the NFL when it happened???

I think Dennard will see time in jail but it likely won't be overly long, might do him for the year though
He suspended Terrell Pryor (for four games) for selling college memorabilia while he was in college.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we have no receivers and no cornerbacks, limited cap space and few draft picks.

Should prove to be an interesting off season. :)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Tom Brady for picks, and cap space.

#RyanMalletfor2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things I'm seeing on Vollmer.

Firstly, it's reported the Pats are offering in the region of 6-7 mill per year and won't go higher.

Secondly, he just had his knee scoped.

What I take from this is the injury isn't anything to worry about, it's more of a clean out thing than anything, but for a guy with an injury history it may lower his value on the open market. Secondly, it's all going to come down to what his representatives see his true value being. Bear in mind that Eric Winston got 4/22 at 5.5 per year. Vollmer's contract will be significantly bigger than that no matter what happens. I likely seeing the Pats initial offer being around 5/32 which could increase to 5/35. Now that is damn good money for a RT, however if Vollmer wants to be paid like a LT then I think he will hit the market and some team will pay him 8 or 9 per. Bear in mid D'Brickashaw Fergsuon got about 8 mill for his last contract in 2010

Old 02-22-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Vollmer deserves LT money if fully healthy. He can play it and play it very well. So, I'd be happy for him if he gets it, but it's going to suck losing him at RT. He's been one of the few very good picks in the first few rounds from those years of drafting.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I love you Tom Brady. That is all

Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gives the team big time cap space. I wonder if this is what sparked the Welker resigning rumors.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much this. What an amazing deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady must have been worried about mallett!

It is much easier to walk away from a few million when your mansion with moat is paid for by the wifey.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

3 years 27 million is 9 million a year... even if he his 37-40, that's still pretty cheap for where QB pay will likely be by then. This feels like a "just in case" as much as a way to get enough cap room for Welker. (though, Vollmer is a smarter man to pay...)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You spelled Talib weird.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady is and has always been a boss. I wasn't that excited about this offseason... until now.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B. Lloyd not expected back .

Even more cap room. Given the WR depth in the draft, I imagine if we sign FA's it will be on D, although I don't know who is out there to target (Grimes, DRC? Is Webb an RFA?) Maybe room to trade & sign Percy, although we lack the chips if other teams (e.g. SF) is interested in him.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Good, he was alright but Brady and McDaniels love of that back shoulder play was a waste of a down 95% of the time. I still think we should franchise Talib, then go WR in the draft.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on franchising Talib. Give him a full year to prove he will put in some work since the book on him is he is not a hard worker. I think it's pretty clear they won't give him a long term deal this offseason. I don't disagree with it, either.

Sign Vollmer. Sign Edelman. Let Welker go and draft a new pair of WRs. I still like Lloyd and would be happy to see him back.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

So, if I'm right, the Pats could realistically have $25m+ in cap space this year???

I really like that although we literally have no WRs worth anything.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree on franchising Talib. Give him a full year to prove he will put in some work since the book on him is he is not a hard worker. I think it's pretty clear they won't give him a long term deal this offseason. I don't disagree with it, either.

Sign Vollmer. Sign Edelman. Let Welker go and draft a new pair of WRs. I still like Lloyd and would be happy to see him back.
I'd be plenty fine with this scenario as well. If we lose Talib our secondary goes right back to being a huge problem for us. If we franchise him we get to prolong that issue at least another year.

While Edelmen may not be exactly Welker 2.0, he brings enough to the table that I'd be happy letting Welker walk if we manage to get some upgrade at WR through the draft (assuming we don't **** that up ala Chad Jackson).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'd be plenty fine with this scenario as well. If we lose Talib our secondary goes right back to being a huge problem for us. If we franchise him we get to prolong that issue at least another year.

While Edelmen may not be exactly Welker 2.0, he brings enough to the table that I'd be happy letting Welker walk if we manage to get some upgrade at WR through the draft (assuming we don't **** that up ala Chad Jackson).
I think Welker's possible deal was a big part in Brady redoing his deal. If Welker can take a team friendly deal then that really sets us up.

I think they can resign the top 3 FAs, plus get another pretty big signing.

Ideally I would not bring Welker back and bring in a different guy. Bring back Vollmer, Talib and maybe a guy like William Moore. Then just go offense in the draft. Maybe even get a relatively low deal for a guy like Hartline so you at least have a veteran presence at WR

Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Welker's possible deal was a big part in Brady redoing his deal. If Welker can take a team friendly deal then that really sets us up.

I think they can resign the top 3 FAs, plus get another pretty big signing.

Ideally I would not bring Welker back and bring in a different guy. Bring back Vollmer, Talib and maybe a guy like William Moore. Then just go offense in the draft. Maybe even get a relatively low deal for a guy like Hartline so you at least have a veteran presence at WR
Hartline is a guy I'm liking more and more at this point. Replace Lloyd with him and get the deep threat we need for sure this time. I loved Moore when he was drafted but not so much now that the NFL is clearly a passing league. BB uses his safeties in interchangable roles so I don't see an in-the-box type saftey as a good option.

Even with Brady's deal, I think Wes is gone. I think the friction he generated with his speaking out / holdout will be enough to usher him out the door. His age and production plus declining skills would have made his return unlikely. The nonsense is the kill shot.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

As a fan, the critical drops was the kill shot. Granted there werent a TON of them, but they came at such pivotal moments in big games.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Demps is apparently returning to track which could spell the end of his career with the Patriots :/
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote