Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-19-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)
Default Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern St.

Sure, he played at a non-BCS school, but this guy just obliterated the competition on his level. He has the best stats, career-wise, of any DT in this draft.

This past year he had 50 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL, and 5 FF. For his career, he posted 139 tackles, 27.0 sacks, 52.5 TFL, and 6 FF. It's hard to ignore that kind of production even at a smaller school.

He also showed up at the Senior Bowl and looked very good in the drills and the game. He's a big 330+ lb guy who stands 6'1" and has exceptional quickness for someone his size.

Might he actually be one of the best DL prospects in this class? I think some team will be getting a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round with this ultra-productive DT.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's definitely one of the best 3-4 NT in this draft. He looks like a stud too. The guy is totally ripped for being as large as he is. His draft stock is soaring right now and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him drafted in the 2nd round.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Sure, he played at a non-BCS school, but this guy just obliterated the competition on his level. He has the best stats, career-wise, of any DT in this draft.

This past year he had 50 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL, and 5 FF. For his career, he posted 139 tackles, 27.0 sacks, 52.5 TFL, and 6 FF. It's hard to ignore that kind of production even at a smaller school.

He also showed up at the Senior Bowl and looked very good in the drills and the game. He's a big 330+ lb guy who stands 6'1" and has exceptional quickness for someone his size.

Might he actually be one of the best DL prospects in this class? I think some team will be getting a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round with this ultra-productive DT.
He's a guy who really doesn't get talked about much. He could be one of those guys that could be an insane steal for someone. In the end I see him being a 2nd round selection.

The guy looks like he's carrying 300 pounds, not the 341 he carries ( I think that's what he weighed at the senior bowl). Afterall, how many 340+ pounders can do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpo1xF7IhI

Ultimately, I think he's best as a 43 DT. From watching film of him, he could play NT in a 3-4 but I don't think that's the best position for him by any means.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind at all if the Panthers took an offensive lineman, receiver or defensive back in the first if it meant we'd take Williams in the second. Seems like a stud.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some talented DT's in this draft but I think he will be a first round pick. There are probably 8-9 defensive tackles who could warrant a first round pick (a lot can happen between now and April) and I have no problem putting his name in that group.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
There are some talented DT's in this draft but I think he will be a first round pick. There are probably 8-9 defensive tackles who could warrant a first round pick (a lot can happen between now and April) and I have no problem putting his name in that group.
I'm hoping the pure depth keeps him in range for our second round pick. But he may put up some very good numbers at the Combine, and I can agree, I wouldn't be surprised if a team in the later part of round one decided to take him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the things that helped Poe go a lot higher than some might have thought he should was the lack of a true NT in the last class.

This class is stacked with NTs. John Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins, Jesse Williams, and more.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High potential DT who can play either 1 or 0 tech IMO, he has all the physical tools but is going to have a learning curve. Teams were impressed at the senior bowl weigh ins but he quickly got lost in the shuffle behind the more polished Sly Williams, Kawaan Short, and John Jenkins. I think at this point he is a late second/ early third round talent but that goes out the window if he blows up the combine.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sylvester, the UNC Williams NT, > Brandon.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
High potential DT who can play either 1 or 0 tech IMO, he has all the physical tools but is going to have a learning curve. Teams were impressed at the senior bowl weigh ins but he quickly got lost in the shuffle behind the more polished Sly Williams, Kawaan Short, and John Jenkins. I think at this point he is a late second/ early third round talent but that goes out the window if he blows up the combine.
What do you mean got lost in the shuffle? Most scouts praised him throughout the Senior Bowl (including Scott Wright).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What do you mean got lost in the shuffle? Most scouts praised him throughout the Senior Bowl (including Scott Wright).
He was talked about DURING the SB, but the other more known DTs were talked about more after the SB.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
No way IMO. Everyone can't be a first round pick. In a year when DT is loaded, the small school guy will be pushed out.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Brandon Williams. Profiled him. Link is in my sig. Hope he ends up in KC
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
No way IMO. Everyone can't be a first round pick. In a year when DT is loaded, the small school guy will be pushed out.
Such a weird draft. There are like 100 first round 'locks' making the rounds. I'm sure that'll push to 150 after the combine. Which is odd since if these guys were in last years' draft, probably one or maybe two make it in the top 10.

This first round is pure suckitude overall. It's hard to know if there are so many first round graded guys because there are so few really legit first round graded guys.

Take the QBs out of it. Last years draft is superior at the top at virtually every position:

LT: Kalil
WR: Blackmon
CB: Claiborne
DT: Cox
S: Barron
RB: Richardson
LB: Kuechly

It's ridiculous how bad this draft compares to last year across the board at the top half. This draft is going to be distinguished by the guys taken on Friday and Saturday.

It looks like this year has about 200 guys that would be round 2 quality guys in just about any given year. That quality looks like it'll start after about the first hour and a half of the draft and continue into Saturday.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two teams had individual meetings with him at the Senior Bowl: Saints and Bears.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Two teams had individual meetings with him at the Senior Bowl: Saints and Bears.
A related but off-topic question: how exactly do meetings work in the Senior Bowl? At least from whats reported, teams seem to meet only a handful of players. Are meetings under reported, or is there some other reason why teams don't take more advantage of the process? For instance Scott has the Panthers meeting only five players, which seems just a waste of an opportunity.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All of those players out performed him, scouts and Scott praised him on his motor. He isn't there technique wise yet and it showed in the 1vs 1's, he received a good amount of individual coaching.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
All of those players out performed him, scouts and Scott praised him on his motor. He isn't there technique wise yet and it showed in the 1vs 1's
That's not true. He showed some good stuff in one-on-one's. Didn't win every battle but he won he his fair share and was impressive in doing so.
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT but when’s the last time a D2 player got drafted in the first round?
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To weigh in on the debate on Williams Senior Bowl appearance, I have to say I agree with SAGA45. Williams technique was inconsistent, getting turned sideways by a couple double teams in the game and occasionally losing his balance when he failed to get his hands on the o-lineman, but overall he looked impressive from what I saw, particularly in the actual game. Lining up next to Sly Williams, he was the one who caught my eye. He was noticeably stronger than Williams and looked nice moving laterally along the LOS and never gave up on any plays. He may be raw, but he played very well for somebody who was not used to that level of competition.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Here's a dramatic still shot of what I would do if the Saints drafted Brandon Williams...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
OT but whenís the last time a D2 player got drafted in the first round?
1999, Lamar King, Saginaw Valley State, Seattle Seahawks, 22nd overall.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
That's not true. He showed some good stuff in one-on-one's. Didn't win every battle but he won he his fair share and was impressive in doing so.
I think you are looking to much into what I said, he has the physical tools of a first round pick. He explodes out of his stance and has very good power to collapse the pocket, he displays great short area speed for his size and has pass rush potential. At the seniorbowl he certainly held his own but won a good amount of matchups against guys he could physically outmatch. He made a habit of coming off the snap high negating some of his power and allowing blockers to establish leverage. I also noticed he was more comfortable locking up to a blocker then attempting to hand fight to free himself up. I am a fan of what he can be but he is going to have a learning curve.

If you read my previous post I think pre combine he is top 75 talent but he was out preformed by Sly Williams, Kawaan Short, and John Jenkins who IMO cemented themselves as top 50 players, all possibly being selected in the first round. That doesn't even include guys like Star, Richardson, Floyd, and Hankins who all have first round potential. There is just so much talent in DT/NT that some of these guys are going to fall later then they would in most drafts. That being said if he comes to the combine and runs a 5.1 forty and throws up 45 reps on the bar he has the potential to leap frog some of those guys.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1999, Lamar King, Saginaw Valley State, Seattle Seahawks, 22nd overall.
Thanks, I knew itís been a while.
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's one of the darlings around scouting circles now. Can't see him lasting past the first 100.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote