Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy. but I love the Falcons pick. Austin would be an insane weapon for Atlanta's offense. (+rep msg)

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Vikes GM Rick Spielman is already on record saying he intends to re-sign Loadholt, no way Vikes go OT round 1.
Agreed.

Give the Vikes Manti there.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
17. Pittsburgh: John Jenkins [NT, Grg]
The last huge defensive tackle named Jenkins worked out well for the Panthers and Jets.
I still cant get over how completely lazy of an explanation this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the steelers have mcclendon, al woods, evander hood, and hebron fangupu...im confident that out of those 4, we will find a starter at NT once they stop giving hampton any and all snaps
Those first three guys are too small to play NT in a two-gap 3-4. They are better for 3-4 end. Fangupu may or may not make the team, much less start. I don't mind getting beat up by posters for my mock drafts, but I would have thought that my Jenkins pick for the Steelers would be the least likely to get blasted by somebody [LOL].

Quote:
While it's true that Mebane is the smaller DT, he only plays 1-tech
I forgot that in Seattle's system the NT is a one-gapper and the end next to the edge linebacker (Bryant) is a two-gap defender who would be heavier than the nose. But you would still think the 3T DT would be lighter than Branch.

Quote:
The last huge defensive tackle named Jenkins worked out well for the Panthers and Jets.

I still cant get over how completely lazy of an explanation this is
It was only meant to be funny. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Quote:
Give the Vikes Manti there.
That's an interesting idea because it's been said that Te'o is good in coverage, which is a big deal for the ILB in the Vikings Tampa-2 defense.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 02-20-2013 at 10:59 AM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Those first three guys are too small to play NT in a two-gap 3-4. They are better for 3-4 end. Fangupu may or may not make the team, much less start. I don't mind getting beat up by posters for my mock drafts, but I would have thought that my Jenkins pick for the Steelers would be the least likely to get blasted by somebody [LOL].
mclendon came in at nearly 330 pounds last season and was probably the best NT on the team, a ridiculous blind commitment to hampton kept all the guys off the field last season.

Hood is a horrible DE, but he does well over center...he needs to add some weight if he wants to be a NT but id much rather prefer him there, at least he wont get washed out of the play over and over again.

and theres nothing small about al woods, hes a mammoth of a man and hasnt been able to see the field because he was "raw" which he was, but he can shake that raw label this season because he has been effective, just been sidelined

pass rusher, WR, safety, and TE are much bigger needs than NT right now....especially if they keep hood away from DE and play Keisel and Heyward

jenkins, hankins, and williams would all be good fits and are good players, but none of them should be the first round pick.

also, we have taamu on the practice squad...he had that belligerantly drunken arrest, but is probably still in the running to slide into NT if he can get it together

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 02-20-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperCharger77
Rookie

SuperCharger77 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So you think if Eric Fisher is still available at #11 the Chargers are going to take a corner back instead? Come on man..SMH
SuperCharger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McClendon came in at nearly 330 pounds last season...
The roster on steelers.com had him around 290. But who knows how accurate those things are? Also, he might have added weight so he could backup and eventually replace Hampton.

Quote:
So you think if Eric Fisher is still available at #11 the Chargers are going to take a corner back instead? Come on man.
What's wrong with Jared Gaither besides being hurt last year?

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 02-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a lazy pile of crap.

I like the Colts pick. Might prefer Ansah. But any of the top DE/OLB tweeners is a great pick for the Colts.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
I like the Colts pick.
The Colts -- Here's to a healthy Chuck Pagano. Can I have an AMEN?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
The roster on steelers.com had him around 290. But who knows how accurate those things are? Also, he might have added weight so he could backup and eventually replace Hampton.

he is 6-4 325, or at least he was at TC last year. I think hes perfectly capable of filling in at NT.

Woods is an excellent athlete, john mitchell the dline coach hates raw players, but like i said its time for him to shake that label

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has chronic problems with his back + various other injuries throughout his career. Several of his teammates in San Diego have called him out for being soft and lazy during the season.