Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacers are going to be so annoying to beat in playoffs. Just a hellish matchup for anyone.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Word is Rockets have decided to trade Marcus Morris and deciding between two deals
Morey getting that trade itch again. Hope we can get a 1st rounder in return.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't see why he can't be a top 10 player in the NBA, his rookie season is basically Dwight Howard with better per minute numbers and less overall minutes (well minus the horrid FT shooting). By the way, if the Suns actually do Gortat/Tucker for Lamb/Perkins/a late first...
I'm curious to see how he's gonna fare with extended minutes. He's doing great right now but let's not forget he's also putting in the bulk of his minuets during substitution gaps. I'm just wondering what they'll do when they're playing 4 on 5 on offense.

If the Suns do that trade, i'm throwing a party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't get why it's so hard for athletic big men to succeed in the NBA. Like if you're 6 10" + and athletic, why can't you succeed? I don't get it. All you have to do is try, and youll be good. Just try.

Like seriously if youre 6 10" and athletic you should be a 10 and 10 player in the league if you just give a ****. That's all it takes. Just try and you can be 10 and 10.

Now if you learn how to like dribble a basketball you might be 16 and 10. Work on a hook shot 20 and 10.

It seriously baffles me how there's such a dirth of big men when all you have to really do is try.
It's not that easy. Guys that are that big have usually gone their whole lives getting by on their athletic advantage. Some don't have the agility or balance that it takes to be top flight offensive guys. Or the soft hands. Or the feel of how to shift around in the post, or how or where to move when you feel the weight of a defender on you. Dwight Howard has gotten coached up the wazoo by just about every big name ex-player possible. He just doesn't have it.

Honestly, i prefer the kids that don't have their growth spurt until later in their teens. Kids that grow up playing basketball as guards and develop into post players once they've fully developed their bodies. Those are the guys that learn the intricacies of playing facing the basket, and the post game comes easily after when they realize they also hold a huge physical advantage over their opponent.

I just don't think you can teach softness on a turn around jumphook, or how to quickly hook spin your defender, or when to or not to put the ball on the floor in the paint, or how to read where the ball is gonna bounce off a miss. Some players are just naturally good at that. Some aren't capable of learning.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

walt frazier needs to stop using the word omnipotent.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

The Houston Rockets have traded Marcus Morris to the Phoenix Suns for a future second-round draft pick, league sources tell Y! Sports.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the flying ****, Petrie?! God this is such ********. I hate this front office with a ******* passion. We have a ton of dead weight and money on our squad and we trade the guy we just drafted in the top five. Smart.

******* dipshit morons. ****.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I seriously want to cry right now. I'm hearing it's for Tony Douglas and some other bench guys. What a ******* crock of ********. This is so beyond terrible.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if anyone's heard any trade rumors circling the Thunder, anyone have anything interesting? Just wondering if we'll make a move before the deadlines here.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolkings. What a horrific trade. At least you got Patterson.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I feel like i just got a huge kick to the gut. I don't even know what to feel anymore. This is so awful. It's ******* sad that literally anyone else that posts in this thread could make better trades to improve a team than Geoff Petrie has in the last seven years.

I really want to cry.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I seriously want to cry right now. I'm hearing it's for Tony Douglas and some other bench guys. What a ******* crock of ********. This is so beyond terrible.
Kings receive
Patrick Patterson
Tony Douglas
Cole Aldrich
Cash

Rockets receive
Thomas Robinson
Fransisco Garcia
Tyler Honeycutt
2nd Round Pick

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We give up a top five pick for patrick ************* patterson. A guy that has ALREADY shown he will never be anything more than a rotational big. Plus we give up our other asset in Cisco's 7m expiring.

**** Geoff Petrie and the Magoofs. **** them to hell.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Pat is pretty solid, but its tough to give up on a guy you just picked in the top 5 less than a year ago. Especially for a guy who is "solid".
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

OMG this is amazing. I love when the Kings fail. It just sucks that Seattle is going to have such an abhorrent team.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Im pretty bummed. I love Patterson, and hes a PERFECT complimentary piece to Harden. Money from mid range, great on the pick and pop, great pick and roll d, smart player.

Also, Morris, as awful as he was last year in his limited time, was really solid off the bench this year. One of our main 3 point shooters on a team that does nothing but shoot 3's. Bleh at that move too.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Kings just don't care anymore.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Geoff Petrie doesn't care anymore. That worthless **** should have been fired already. No one in the organization cares anymore, they know their clock is running out, they're all getting fired regardless of where the team goes. I just don't understand how you still allow them to make moves when they really have no incentive whatsoever to better the team. They're all dead men walking. It's ******* stupid. I don't know how you approve the trade of a guy you took in the top five 8 months ago. Ugh.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for the Kings cause they got Toney Douglas now. I am sure most Kings fans are mad about trading Thomas Robinson but no the real reason your trade is such a fail is cause of Toney Douglas lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

In 7 months, Daryl Morey turned Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, a first round pick, Patrick Patterson, Tony Douglas and Cole Aldrich into James Harden and Thomas Robinson.

Talk about chicken **** to chicken salad.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The sad thing is that Toney Douglas could probably lead the Kings in assists.
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I need large quantities of alcohol. Go Sonics.
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toney Douglas was really good at spots for Houston this year. I HATED him early on, but he won me over.

:(

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Commie, there is no reason for you to be upset here. Maybe the Morris deal, but still.....the T-Rob deal is a massive win.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well it's not like Thomas Robinson is all that great...you guys underrate Pattrick Patterson
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the Morris Twins get to play together again.