Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Not sure where else to put his, but who is the better blocker, Ertz or Eifert?
I would give the edge to Eifert, but Ertz is the more dynamic receiver.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Jarvis Jones #2

Matt Barkley #7

These are the worst picks of the mock imo. No way a tweener with that kind of medical can be #2 overall, absolutely no way.

Barkley and his noodle arm will not be selected in the 1st round period.
agree on barkley but Jarvis Jones supposedly has a clean bill of health.

if we don't believe that, the 225 reps will tell the tale. bad stenosis players can't lift. 225 reps is about weightroom discipline not overall strength (it's a test of stamina as that weight isn't really heavy for NFL guys).

in summary, if he puts up 25+ reps of 225, his stenosis is a non issue.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
As for Barkley, only time will tell. I still have trouble seeing a guy with his resume and polish sliding out of round one when there are so many teams in need of a good quarterback. With that said, Barkley's shoulder is starting to become a real concern / red flag. The guy got hurt in the middle of November, missed the Sun Bowl, missed the Senior Bowl and still isn't healthy enough to throw at the Scouting Combine more than three months later. What's going on there?

the first line of his resume is USC Quarterback who wants any of these guys? Sanchez, Leinart, Cassel etc. Palmer was the best one until his leg exploded. Barkley went back to school like Leinart.

Yay. sign me up.

this might not be a fair or even accurate argument but the generals who run draft rooms don't care. USC QB is currently a poisoned legacy like Penn St RB (pre Larry Johnson).

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be 'meh' if the Saints pick Hankins. Dont get me wrong, I like him as a prospect. But the Saints desperately need a playmaker/pass rusher up front. We have run pluggers like Bunkley and Cam Jordan. We need a guy who will wreck shop of up front!
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure where else to put his, but who is the better blocker, Ertz or Eifert?
I'd say Ertz but I don't think it's by enough to be a factor.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign me up as a Bills fan. Patterson/Nassib in Rounds 1 & 2 would be fantastic.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hunter in the second for the Niners.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay has been developing Evan Dietrich-Smith to take over at Center, and I'd be pretty surprised if they bailed on that plan and took a OC on the second day.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno and Xavier Rhodes? Yeah, I think I could live with that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most giants fans would be very happy of we came out of the first two rounds with Ezekiel Ansah and Arthur Brown.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

if not addressed in the 1st, the panthers will look to add a WR in the 2nd.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Scott, but I cannot see Jonathan Jenkins going in round 1. He plays out of shape and breaks down as he gets winded way too quickly. Some team will take a flyer on him in round 2/3 but he'll never see round 1. GM's hate fat guys who refuse to get into shape because they know that conditioning is a prerequisite to playing in the NFL.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Rams pass on Lane Johnson for Kenny Vaccaro, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Ditto. OT is a huge need. Rams can get a good safety in 2 or 3
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lane Johnson is available when the Saints pick then I think they would jump all over him especially since Jermon Bushrod is leaving via FA and they don't have anyone else on the roster that could immediately step in and be a capable, full-time starter at LT

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott,

I'd be very, very happy with this Titans draft. Getting Chance Warmack in the 1st Round and Alex Okafor in the 2nd Round would help address two of our most pressing needs: interior OL and DL.

As you suggested, Warmack seems like the sort that you can plug into your interior OL and rest easy for a decade. And Okafor would allow us to use Kamerion Wimbley in more of situational pass-rushing role, where he would likely excel. Wimbley's still got the speed to get after the QB, but he's a real liability against the run. Plus, he seems under-sized to be a full-time DE.

If Okafor is gone in the 2nd Round, I could also see us drafting someone like DT Kawann Short, DE Datone Jones, or DE Tank Carradine. In your current draft scenario with Warmack/Okafor, I'd expect for us to probably go BPA in the 3rd Round -- perhaps a CB, DE/DT, or FS/SS. (I think safety moves down our list of needs a little bit with yesterday's signing of FA George Wilson; however, we'll still likely draft a FS/SS at some point because this class is relatively deep.) I also wouldn't be shocked if we looked to add another RB at some point in the mid-rounds, as Javon Ringer is likely gone and Jamie Harper has done absolutely nothing. I could see us nabbing someone like Stepfan Taylor or Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd-4th, if available.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Arizona Cardinals draft another quarterback from USC? Why would anybody draft a quarterback from USC for that matter?
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote