Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also open to talking about possible draft day trades with people if they would like. I know we are a long way off from that but I have nothing going on the rest of the night. I'm the Bills GM and we obviously currently hold the 8th pick. If so, PM Me and we can discuss how to communicate further from there.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even send in an application? :/

I'm not gonna be around till Monday, so I can't do this.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I didn't even send in an application? :/

I'm not gonna be around till Monday, so I can't do this.
Ah, alright man! I just figured you may have wanted a team but just didn't have a chance to apply. That's alright though.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah okay, well thanks anyway. And sorry about not being able to participate.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Ah okay, well thanks anyway.
No problem man!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
5 mil under the cap with my cuts but roster stands at 37 players :/
Check your email, I sent you a question about some of your cuts. I wanted to hear back from you before adding them there.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also, can everyone make a post in the media thread after releasing players? I'm trying to increase awareness of who's been cut a little bit.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone is doing their stuff wrong btw

signing bonuses are guaranteed and if the player has say 3 years left with 2 mil per you owe them the entire 6 mil this year if they are cut

Last edited by fenikz : 02-20-2013 at 08:24 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Salary Cap Announcement:

I've decided to make a slight change to the free agency/draft proceedings in order to help out some of the teams which are currently struggling with finances. I'm going to allow teams to make draft picks without having them count against the salary cap, and during the third round of free agency, which takes place after the draft itself, teams will be able to make veteran minimum signings which will not count against the salary cap. Your team still needs to get under the salary cap. However, this will allow every team the opportunity to fill out their roster, while giving signing priority in the first two rounds of free agency to the teams with cap space.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we find a discrepancy between who is a UFA and a RFA are we doing anything about it or not? Also, ERFA vs RFA etc.

Also, I've read through the thread and am not sure what the rules are on restructuring. Is it being allowed, are we to offer a restructured contract and say in the email "if Player X doesn't restructure to 1.5m this season he will cut" and then you decide which to do?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

signing bonuses are guaranteed and if the player has say 3 years left with 2 mil per you owe them the entire 6 mil this year if they are cut
I think last year we did it the way we're doing it now.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
If we find a discrepancy between who is a UFA and a RFA are we doing anything about it or not? Also, ERFA vs RFA etc.

Also, I've read through the thread and am not sure what the rules are on restructuring. Is it being allowed, are we to offer a restructured contract and say in the email "if Player X doesn't restructure to 1.5m this season he will cut" and then you decide which to do?
We're not going to do restructures, but please let me know about the UFA/RFA/ERFA.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can only have 53 players right? If so, I have some serious cutting to do. 55 players already on my team and I plan on brining in at least 15 new guys from the draft and free agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
We're not going to do restructures, but please let me know about the UFA/RFA/ERFA.
For the Titans, there's just two I noticed. Not a big deal.

Fernando Velasco is a RFA, not UFA

AND

Kevin Matthews is a ERFA

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/TEN
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rnando-velasco
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6175/kevin-matthews

And the best source of all
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/...fl-free-agents
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else think cuts should be restricted to players that werent signed in 2013...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhh, didn't realize the Cowboys are $19 million over that cap. Without restructures, this is gonna be tough...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to ask if there is anyway we can do restructures? Maybe each team gets an approved restructure? I know the Raiders are rumored to be thinking about cutting DHB if he doesn't drop his 10M cap hit....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

On this note, how is this working? Should we be taking the ACTUAL cap hit into account or are we playing the "if he's cut, his whole cap number is removed" game? For example, Doug Free is only a $3.5ish million saving if he's cut before June 1 but his salary is $7 million.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 02-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
On this note, how is this working? Should we be taking the ACTUAL cap hit into account or are we playing the "if he's cut, his whole cap number is removed" game? For example, Doug Free is only a $3.5ish million saving if he's cut before June 1 but his salary is $7 million.
I think it's only fair to factor in the actual cap hit.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

That's what I thought as well but fenikz seemed to be insinuating others weren't. Get ready boys, Dallas is about to release half its roster!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I only factored in cap savings. Laurent Robinson signed a 5-year, 32.5 million dollar contract. So on average, that is $6.5 million. But I only calculated $2.6 million in savings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
We can only have 53 players right? If so, I have some serious cutting to do. 55 players already on my team and I plan on brining in at least 15 new guys from the draft and free agency.
I wouldn't worry about it until the end, but that'd be cool to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
For the Titans, there's just two I noticed. Not a big deal.

Fernando Velasco is a RFA, not UFA

AND

Kevin Matthews is a ERFA

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/TEN
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rnando-velasco
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6175/kevin-matthews

And the best source of all
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/...fl-free-agents
Thanks, I'll correct these in a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I was going to ask if there is anyway we can do restructures? Maybe each team gets an approved restructure? I know the Raiders are rumored to be thinking about cutting DHB if he doesn't drop his 10M cap hit....
Nope, I've already talked about restructures a few times. We're not going to do them because in a one-year mock like this without the deterrent of being financially squeezed in the following season(s), they basically amount to free money. I don't think any team is in serious danger of being unable to get under the cap, and there are already some generous rules in place to help in that regard (draft picks don't count against the cap, the third wave of free agency includes veteran minimum deals which don't count.)
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's what I thought as well but fenikz seemed to be insinuating others weren't. Get ready boys, Dallas is about to release half its roster!
I've been double-checking on the charge vs. savings. Anyways, I think you're overreacting. Off the top of my head, Doug Free has $7 million in savings (of a cap charge over $11 million), I think Miles Austin saves like $6.7 million or so, Jay Ratliff saves $5 million...that's already about $18 million, and if I remember correctly Dallas is $19 million over the cap. Obviously the Cowboys probably won't be active in free agency after indulging over the past few seasons, but with the ability to replenish via the free draft picks and third-wave minimum deals, it's not like it will be impossible to get to 53 players.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also, another note: please don't send me free agent offers until I open the free agent period. Before I look at anyone else's, I want to send my own offers to someone else to ensure that the contracts I propose aren't based on having seen what anyone else is offering.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Also, another note: please don't send me free agent offers until I open the free agent period. Before I look at anyone else's, I want to send my own offers to someone else to ensure that the contracts I propose aren't based on having seen what anyone else is offering.
If we franchise someone, are we allowed to send you a contract offer to sign them long-term?