Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Do we just do our own research to see who is a RFA and UFA?
Here's the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=3

Position tags are at the bottom of the screen.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Here's the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=3

Position tags are at the bottom of the screen.
Sorry, I'm asking so many questions I'm really new to the logistics. Are all of those players RFAs?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, I'm asking so many questions I'm really new to the logistics. Are all of those players RFAs?
The RFAs and ERFAs are all in the last tab.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an fyi, the Chiefs are listening to trade offers for the 1st pick already. : D : D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Just an fyi, the Chiefs are listening to trade offers for the 1st pick already. : D : D
No one wants it
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jags Give
Blaine Gabbert

Chiefs Give
Jamaal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone need a Co-GM? Apparently I just was a little late in finding out about this. Fing Crohns disease :/
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are listening for No. 6, as well.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buccaneers are willing to trade there first rounder.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals are willing to move down...maybe...we'll see

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To keep a RFA do we have to offer them 1.3m minimum? Or is that just to tender them?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
To keep a RFA do we have to offer them 1.3m minimum? Or is that just to tender them?
The $1.3 million offer is the lowest amount. You can see the tender amounts in the free agency thread. Of course, you could always try to re-sign them in the free agent period.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden is on the block, with no top level RB prospects this year he might be a contending teams best option to get a RB that can help win now and the future.

Also I'm willing to deal #3 in a trade down for the right price...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also like to trade down with Buffalo at 8....I will talk about moving up a couple of spots if the value is there for me to trade up. I will not under any circumstances give up premium picks though in this weak of a draft to go from 8 to 5 or 6
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three things:

1. When are you accepting free agent offers?
2. Please disregard all previous free agent emails.
3. What is the veteran minimum salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

I have the same questions. I am actually going to be really busy right now but I have put together a big board for Free Agency to send you Matt. I will only be gone for Saturday and will return early Sunday morning. I just didn't want to be left out of the loop and sent you all scenarios and how they play out if someone signs somewhere etc. I can have that sent to you and tell you not to open it until tomorrow in an attachment. Sorry, I know its more work for you, but I didn't want to hold things up or seem like I was bailing on this.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've found this: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/07...base-salaries/

I'm going to assume its accurate until someone provides a counter chart.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Three things:

1. When are you accepting free agent offers?
2. Please disregard all previous free agent emails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I've found this: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/07...base-salaries/

I'm going to assume its accurate until someone provides a counter chart.
1. I'm going to make an announcement about it soon, I'll start accepting offers at noon today once the franchise tag and RFA period ends.

2. Alright, I haven't looked, since I'm going to be sending offers of my own to a third-party before I start accepting other offers at noon.

3. I mentioned in an earlier post that veteran minimum signings will be free against the cap (because some teams are strapped for cash and need to fill a bunch of roster spots), but I will not accept veteran minimum offers until the third wave of free agent offers, which will take place after the draft. For these guys, I'm expecting offers of at least $1m per season. So, if you're interested in a veteran minimum guy, you'll have to wait and see if he's available in the third wave, or offer him at least 1-$1m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
I have the same questions. I am actually going to be really busy right now but I have put together a big board for Free Agency to send you Matt. I will only be gone for Saturday and will return early Sunday morning. I just didn't want to be left out of the loop and sent you all scenarios and how they play out if someone signs somewhere etc. I can have that sent to you and tell you not to open it until tomorrow in an attachment. Sorry, I know its more work for you, but I didn't want to hold things up or seem like I was bailing on this.
Sure, that sounds good. I'm going to leave the first wave open until about noon on Sunday or so.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

FREE AGENCY RULES/OUTLINE:

Beginning at noon today, I will begin accepting first-wave free agent offers. I will continue accepting first-wave offers until Sunday at noon. All offers on opposing restricted free agents must be made during the first wave of free agency. Restricted free agents without tenders are considered unrestricted free agents beginning at noon. At the conclusion of the first wave, all restricted free agents with tenders will either re-sign with their team or sign elsewhere.

The minimum offer for free agents during this period is $1 million per season. So, one year, $1 million, two years, $2 million, etc. During the third wave of free agency, teams will be allowed to make one-year, veteran minimum offers to free agents which will not count against the salary cap.

Not all free agents which receive offers will sign during the first wave. For example, if Reggie Bush's only offer is for $1 million, he will remain in the pool for another wave.

I will be determining free agent destinations based primarily on financial considerations; however, if two contracts are similar, I will decide upon the signing team based on which offer I think the free agent would prefer, with a slight preference given to the player's previous team (if applicable.) For example, if Matt Hasselbeck receives a $2 million offer from Green Bay and a $1.5 million offer from Jacksonville, I'll probably assign him to the Jaguars, where he can compete for a starting job.

Explanations for why your team would like to sign a player are not required, but they could potentially help you sign a player in a close competition by helping me understand how a player may fit into your team.

I will allow offers with amounts to one decimal place. For example, $1.0 million, $1.1 million, $1.2 million, etc. Since we kept track of each team's cap room to one decimal place, it only makes sense to allow offers including a decimal place as well. However, an offer of $30.2 million will not dramatically differ from an offer of $30 million.

Please list contingencies in your list, such as: I would like a maximum of two wide receivers from the following list (with the receivers listed in order of preference underneath.)

Please attach your team name to each free agent you make an offer to (because of the manner by which I intend to determine destinations.) The format for making an offer is as follows:

Email subject: PATRIOTS - MATTHEW JONES - FREE AGENT WAVE 1

I would like a maximum of one of the following fullbacks:

1. FB James Casey
Team: New England Patriots
Offer: 1 year, $1.2 million
Reason: (Not required. An example may be: New England needs a starting fullback, and Casey's versatility is appealing.)

2. FB Shaun Chapas
Offer: 2 years, $2 million
Reason: (if applicable)

3. FB John Connor
Offer: 3 years, $3.5 million
Reason:

Please do not include any guaranteed money or contract structures in your application. By signing a player, I will remove the average annual value of the contract from your salary cap. For example, in the example above, by signing Shaun Chapas, the Patriots would lose $1 million in salary cap space.

You may also continue to release players, or release players after signing other players. No players signed during this period may be traded or released later.

Please let me know if you would like anything else regarding the application process clarified.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

One more quick disclaimer:

I will be making some offers as New England, but I will be sending these emails to another GM at 11:30 so as to not see other teams' offers before I make my own.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can send em to me if you'd like. I'll be around.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where can we find our updated cap number at?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Where can we find our updated cap number at?
Check the free agent thread.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You can send em to me if you'd like. I'll be around.
Thanks, but I'm probably going to send them to Hines.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Alright, my offers have been sent to Hines, so feel free to start sending your offers at any time. I'll accept first-wave offers until Sunday at noon.