Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hugh Thornton vs. Brian Winters, who is the better pure OG?

They both reported in at 320 and have similar builds.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 02-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Winters has ever played OG, so I'd say Thornton is the better pure OG. But man, this is really a coin flip to me. I think Winters may go as much as a full round before Thornton, so I'd rather draft Thornton. He has longer arms, looks like a better bender, looks a little nastier.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I don't know if Winters has ever played OG, so I'd say Thornton is the better pure OG.
This mindset needs to die. I've never seen Brian Winters play but OT experience is a generally a good thing. It means he was blocking players with SOME level of athleticism.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This mindset needs to die. I've never seen Brian Winters play but OT experience is a generally a good thing. It means he was blocking players with SOME level of athleticism.
Calm down dude. The question was who was the more pure OG. To answer the question, I said the dude that has actually played OG is probably more natural at it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Calm down dude. The question was who was the more pure OG. To answer the question, I said the dude that has actually played OG is probably more natural at it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I was getting a Swedish ******* foot massage and drinking a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows while I made that post. I'm couldn't be more calm. I've just been perplexed this season by the mindset that OT's are so difficult to project to OG. I've been arguing Fluker is comparable to Warmack for that reason, and I saw you post as another opportunity to repeat myself.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

I've been on your side about Fluker. I won't say he's a better prospect than Warmack, but I like him more at OG than OT.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Thornton won't be underrated for much longer...320 is excellent just wait until the drills/tests. With his versatility, etc. playing into the mix, 2nd round is definite IMO...I wouldn't be shocked at all with first in a surprise a la Branden Albert. Plus Thornton is just nasty. He can dominate even the best NG for a long time and can play all 5 OL spots.

Last edited by bigbenn : 02-21-2013 at 10:22 PM.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Thornton won't be underrated for much longer...320 is excellent just wait until the drills/tests. With his versatility, etc. playing into the mix, 2nd round is definite IMO...I wouldn't be shocked at all with first in a surprise a la Branden Albert. Plus Thornton is just nasty. He can dominate even the best NG for a long time.
I personally wouldn't be shocked if Nathan Sheelhouse stops being a terrible QB and gets a special waiver to enter this draft and go #1 to the Chiefs. It could definitely happen.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I personally wouldn't be shocked if Nathan Sheelhouse stops being a terrible QB and gets a special waiver to enter this draft and go #1 to the Chiefs. It could definitely happen.
Now I know you're lying.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Haha good one...a lot of Illini fans have wrote Scheelhaase off, but I still think he can be a NFL QB. He doesn't have an elite arm or size, but he has everything else including (especially) his accuracy and smarts. If Aaron Bailey doesn't take the job Scheelhaase is going to go out in a big way IMO. The Illini are stocked at QB (Watch out for O'Toole/Osei too).
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Haha good one...a lot of Illini fans have wrote Scheelhaase off, but I still think he can be a NFL QB. He doesn't have an elite arm or size, but he has everything else including (especially) his accuracy and smarts. If Aaron Bailey doesn't take the job Scheelhaase is going to go out in a big way IMO. The Illini are stocked at QB (Watch out for O'Toole/Osei too).
I beat Scheelhaase in Mario Kart last year and he didn't even use the R button. If the man can't figure out power turning, how am I supposed to trust him as an NFL QB? Honestly, he really disappointed me last year; I was expecting a big step. Hopefully it was just the injuries. Fingers crossed for 2013.

Also, related, I lived next door and shared a balcony with Osei. I was really excited when he came in against ASU, but that was an unmitigated disaster. So I'm not sure there's much to be looking out for there. Bailey should be fun, though.