Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I think we only have 2 weeks to franchise Goldson at $7.5 million, starting this past Monday. So about 10 days left. But we only have about $3.5 million in cap space. Which means we'd have to cut, restructure, or extend someone to create cap space.
Yea, im sure they're talking to guys like Whitner and Cowboy about extensions(i.e. restructuring) at this point.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure but those picks came from a writer of an SF newspaper... link coming soon

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Dan, why are you bashing Baalke about Moss? Moss said he isn't coming back. Baalke isn't going to offer $2.5M, or any other monetary figure for that matter.
I'm not bashing Baalke unless he brings back Moss. I know Moss doesnt want to come back but what happens if no other team shows any interest and Baalke decides to bring him back for another year? Honestly, there's a few guys I want gone already with others being re-signed or extended. Until that happens, im nervous and concerned at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
We can always franchise Goldson and then sign him to a long-term deal after Alex gets traded or released.
Quote:
I think we only have 2 weeks to franchise Goldson at $7.5 million, starting this past Monday. So about 10 days left. But we only have about $3.5 million in cap space. Which means we'd have to cut, restructure, or extend someone to create cap space.
This is what worries me. With only $3.5m in cap room for the 2013 league year, there's no way they can restructure/extend enough players to re-sign or franchise Goldson within the next ten days. At the very least, releasing Smith would allow the team to re-sign or franchise Goldson who's far more important to this team than trying to get a mid to late round draft pick for Smith.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm not bashing Baalke unless he brings back Moss. I know Moss doesnt want to come back but what happens if no other team shows any interest and Baalke decides to bring him back for another year? Honestly, there's a few guys I want gone already with others being re-signed or extended. Until that happens, im nervous and concerned at the same time.

This is what worries me. With only $3.5m in cap room for the 2013 league year, there's no way they can restructure/extend enough players to re-sign or franchise Goldson within the next ten days. At the very least, releasing Smith would allow the team to re-sign or franchise Goldson who's far more important to this team than trying to get a mid to late round draft pick for Smith.
Alex isn't due his bonus until April 1st so they have time to wait and see what happens with that. From Baalke's presser today it sounds like they are trying to bring Delaine, RJF, and Goldson back.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Goldson outbids himself in contract negotiations, leaving it as franchise or bust.

If nothing happens in the next 10 days then we're waiting until the start of FA.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Where do you see him being mocked to us in the 2nd? Scott has us taking Hunter in the 2nd in his latest mock.
Nothing reputable just a lot of mock drafts in the forum. I would LOVE Hunter in the 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yea, im sure they're talking to guys like Whitner and Cowboy about extensions(i.e. restructuring) at this point.
Whitner and Justin Smith are in their contract years for 2013. I would try to extend Whitner for three years (and four for Goldson) which would keep the safety combo intact for the duration of Harbaugh's contract. As for Justin Smith, it would depend on how he bounces back from his injury and if we have anyone to replace him in 2014.

This is why im hoping for the best 3-4 DE with a non-stop motor at 31 because if we can get a guy who's at least half as good as Justin has been and develop him, we can let Justin test out FA next year and see what happens. Dont get me wrong, Justin Smith has been awesome for us but he'll turn 34 on September 30th and at $8m for 2013, I dont know if he'll take less for future years. To me, drafting a guy who can replace Smith as early as 2014 should be the team's top priority in the Draft. It would definitely be my top priority.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Question -

Who did we lose in FA that we could be getting TWO third round compensation picks?
I can't think of much besides Josh Morgan.

Braylon Edwards was released...Reggie Smith?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

On a related side note -

My calculations of having over $33m in cap room for the start of the new league year was wrong. Sadly, we only have $3.5m in cap room when the 2013 league year starts. Obviously, I was wrong and I apologize for that.

Even more obvious is my dream of signing Wallace has a zero percent chance of happening so I'll stop talking about it. :(

I do hope that the team releases those eight players that I have mentioned because it would free up $28.97m in cap room AFTER penalties. That's legitimate since I got the info from ninercaphell.com.

No, I dont want to release those players to sign Wallace. I want those players to be released because with so many draft picks, replacing them wouldnt be that difficult as it would be if we only had our seven original draft picks and because I dont want to lose Goldson, Walker and Jean Francois plus the extra cap room could be used to extend players like Whitner, Brown, Crabtree and others this off-season.

Anyway, im sorry about that. I was hyped but I should have known that was too good to be true. :(
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Alex isn't due his bonus until April 1st so they have time to wait and see what happens with that. From Baalke's presser today it sounds like they are trying to bring Delaine, RJF, and Goldson back.
From what I have read, thats wrong. Alex is due a $1m roster bonus sometime shortly after FA starts. April 1st is when his ENTIRE 2013 salary becomes guaranteed whether he's on the roster or not. To me, releasing Smith now would just make things a lot easier and lessen the chance of losing Goldson, Walker and to a lesser extent, other UFA's.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Goldson outbids himself in contract negotiations, leaving it as franchise or bust.

If nothing happens in the next 10 days then we're waiting until the start of FA.
I'm not worried about Goldson doing that. We can franchise tag him again this off-season. The franchise tag would be under $7.5m for 2013 and thats still far better than letting him leave as an UFA. I believe that if he hits the open market, he's as good as gone and not looking back. We cant afford to let that happen.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Regarding those compensation picks, I'll be shocked if we get even one third rounder but at the same time, I'll be happy. :)
Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Costanzo might be one of the comp picks, and Adam Snyder.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as comp picks, signed players cancel out lost players. But low minimum salaries don't count. Rachal, Synder, Morgan, Williams, and Costanzo left. Moss, Manningham, and Jacobs came aboard. Moss and Jacobs were low minimum deals so they don't count. Rachal signed a minimum deal, so he doesn't apply either. So that leaves a 4:1 ratio of players lost to players gained. From my understanding, Manningham's and Morgan's contracts cancel out each other. Their deals were roughly identical, same years but Morgan receives more total money. So that leaves Synder, Williams, and Costanzo. I'm guessing here but I'm going to say one either a 4th or 5th rounder and two 7th rounders will be our comp picks.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-22-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I was confused by this as well.
We'll likely only get ONE 3rd Round compensatory selection (at best) and likely two others, which may only end up being 7th Rounders. At least that's what Maiocco previously projected:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...13-draft-picks

Here are the 49ers' gains and losses that will count toward the NFL's compensatory formula and likely net them 3 picks:

Gains (3)
--WR Mario Manningham (UFA, Giants): 2 yrs/$7.375 million, $2 million signing bonus.
--QB Josh Johnson (UFA, Buccaneers): 2 yrs/$2.115 million, $350,000 signing bonus.
--RB Rock Cartwright (UFA, Raiders): 1 yr/$950,000, $25,000 signing bonus.

Losses (6)
--OL Adam Snyder (UFA, Cardinals): 5 yrs/$17.5 million, $5 million signing bonus.
--WR Joshua Morgan (UFA, Redskins): 2 yrs/$11.5 million, $5.5 million signing bonus.
--LB Blake Costanzo (UFA, Bears): 2 yrs/$1.865 million, $400,000 signing bonus.
--S Madieu Williams (UFA, Redskins): 1 yr/$890,000, $65,000 signing bonus.
--S Reggie Smith (UFA, Panthers): 1 yr/$765,000, $40,000 signing bonus.
--RG Chilo Rachal (UFA, Bears): 1 yr/$700,000, no signing bonus.

Compensatory picks are yet another advantage to build more through the Draft as opposed to FA.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does any one have any idea on where Alex is going next season, its early but ideas ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's mock has us taking NT John Jenkins and WR Justin Hunter.

I dunno, i'm not sure if a NT is worthy of a 1st rounder...Sopoaga only played like 30% of the snaps according to Maiocco. Its a passing league and i'm not sure a run defender is worthy, i think we need some pass rush ability from any DL we select.

Justin Hunter is our 2nd pick, a smallish kind of WR (6-4 but only 200).

I will say that under Baalke, we've gone away physical WR's to quicker WR's. For better or worse, Kyle Williams, Ronald Johnson, and AJ Jenkins have fit this mold...even Mario Manningham and Ted Ginn (traded for him) fit this mold. Its obvious Baalke likes some speed and not the plodding physical blockers that Nolan and McCloughan seemed to like. So Hunter seems like a Baalke pick.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Dont like that mock draft at all. NT isnt a need at all. Sopoaga played less than 35% of the snaps and unlike other teams that run the 3-4 and need a dominant NT, we dont because of our LB core that pretty much stays on the field the majority of the time.

I would draft a NT but not until mid to late rounds depending on who's available and whatnot. At 31, I think that Baalke needs to draft a 3-4 DE to eventually replace Smith. Cant delay that anymore.

Dont like the second rounder either. Another receiver? UGH. I rather see them sign a veteran WR like Jennings if they dont cost a lot. Second rounder should be a future center or a situational pass rushing OLB. Either one would be good with the the opposite being drafted in the 3rd.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

As for Alex Smith, im guessing CLE or KC. It depends more on if he gets traded or released. Personally, I wish Baalke would just release him already and move on. But whatever.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scott's mock has us taking NT John Jenkins and WR Justin Hunter.

I dunno, i'm not sure if a NT is worthy of a 1st rounder...Sopoaga only played like 30% of the snaps according to Maiocco. Its a passing league and i'm not sure a run defender is worthy, i think we need some pass rush ability from any DL we select.

Justin Hunter is our 2nd pick, a smallish kind of WR (6-4 but only 200).

I will say that under Baalke, we've gone away physical WR's to quicker WR's. For better or worse, Kyle Williams, Ronald Johnson, and AJ Jenkins have fit this mold...even Mario Manningham and Ted Ginn (traded for him) fit this mold. Its obvious Baalke likes some speed and not the plodding physical blockers that Nolan and McCloughan seemed to like. So Hunter seems like a Baalke pick.
having a disruptive force at NT is definitely worth a 1st round pick

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
having a disruptive force at NT is definitely worth a 1st round pick
Agree.

See: Wilfork, Vince

See: Ngata, Haloti

Makes a lot of sense with this year's Draft and current depth chart.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would prefer a player that can serve well at both DE and NT.

I'm on the Kawann Short bandwagon, currently.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Agree.

See: Wilfork, Vince

See: Ngata, Haloti

Makes a lot of sense with this year's Draft and current depth chart.
Both those guys can play nose or 5-Tech. Both are supremely athletic for their size. That's what makes them special. I don't see any NT around that range that comes close to having the talent of Ngata or Wilfork so it would be a waste to draft simply a NT. This draft is full of NTs. None deftly superior to the others besides Star.

And I would love Hunter in the second. Poor man's AJ Green. Hands aren't as consistent as Green but might have a little more straight line speed. I'll take that.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

They won't take a pure NT at that pick in the first. They are going to take someone that can play multiple positions which is really why I like Jesse Williams, because he's proven he can play multiple spots.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I would prefer a player that can serve well at both DE and NT.

I'm on the Kawann Short bandwagon, currently.
I'm leaning more towards the DE side of the line right now. Short would be sweet. I'm good with Hunter in the 2nd, thought I think he'll go before that.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Honestly, I'd rather wait to fill the NT spot. Somebody's going to fall to the 3rd or 4th round for no particularly reason. It always happens. And with a class as deep at NT/5-Tech as this one, I'd rather wait a bit. Ian Williams was one of the top NTs in his draft class and wasn't even drafted. Guys are going to fall. I think its going to be a run on O-Lineman this year. Teams want to be able to protect their QBs and maximize the pass. When I go over to other teams forums around the web and read up on info, a lot of fans and media are clamoring for their GMs to put a premium on the O-Line like we did with Iupati and Davis. I see it all the times. I think its really going to be a emphasis by a lot of teams to grab the better O-Line talent early. Sortta explains why I want Barrett Jones in the first, but not really lol. But I could see a couple of the NTs falling right into our lap later.