Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Its a universal project.
What do you mean? I just thought Activision and Bungie were working together for this "Destiny" game or whatever it was called.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree on the games. Part of the reason that PS was so great was the quality of games that they offered.

I WANT MY KINGDOM HEARTS BACK.
RE-MAKE THE FFX GAME LIKE PROMISED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Agree on the games. Part of the reason that PS was so great was the quality of games that they offered.

I WANT MY KINGDOM HEARTS BACK.
RE-MAKE THE FFX GAME LIKE PROMISED.
I think you just became my favorite poster. KH3 and FF7&10 remakes, since they can't make any new FF any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it was a pretty good presentation. they showed more than i thought they would to be honest..... and it makes me want more. I can't wait for E3 when more will be released...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think you just became my favorite poster. KH3 and FF7&10 remakes, since they can't make any new FF any good.
I'm all for this. KH and FF 7&10 would give me reason enough to buy this *****.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Driveclub jokes have me geeking out haha.
The first rule of Driveclub is that you don't talk about Driveclub.

----------------

edit: For a "next generation" machine, I felt it wasn't that impressive, especially after seeing Crysis 3 within the last week. I sort of expected a bit more than what I saw.

Last edited by descendency : 02-21-2013 at 03:12 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A share button on the controller? Whatever. I just hope it's not something I hit by accident and then have to exit out of 50 screens to get back to the game..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a pretty dead accurate portrayal of the conference for those of you who missed it. Square Enix can also go suck one. No one wants your damn KH prequels or ****** sequels to FF13.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Destiny will be unbelievable on this console. can't wait for 2014 lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That is a pretty stupid decision imo.
MS is doing it with the new XBox, but I have not heard the same about the PS4. I kinda doubt they will. It's dumb because it makes everyone that has a current gen console a complete free agent when the new ones come out.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
MS is doing it with the new XBox, but I have not heard the same about the PS4. I kinda doubt they will. It's dumb because it makes everyone that has a current gen console a complete free agent when the new ones come out.
Well didn't XBox do it with the 360 first anyway? At least with the PS3 they initially made it backwards compatable.

Really though, I understand why they wouldn't in the long run. But if you do it and just not make any new games for PS3, it won't really hurt sales or anything of PS4 and consumers feel all warm and fuzzy knowing we can play Uncharted any time we want without hooking up the PS3.

That said, I'm really meh so far on the info that's come out. I'll probably wait a year before I got another system like I did when PS3 came out.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in no hurry, either. I have a hardware backwards compatible PS3. So I'm fairly spoiled, I guess.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah for me to buy a new system on release day, it has to ship with a game that I need to play right away. Nothing they showed last night gave me that impression (although that could very well change).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being basically a PC is a pretty bold move from Sony, but a necessary one as the gaming console market is no longer in a position to be peddling proprietary hardware like it once could. It's a very safe measure to go x86 as it's a platform the PC obviously lives with and the next Xbox will likely go with as well (unless Microsoft go all ARM on us - pro tip, Windows 8 can support ARM natively. Hrmm.).

It is a little funny though how much of a PC it is. Even though the architecture of the hardware was always pretty much transparent to the end user, there's something a little odd about a Sony Playstation being almost entirely defined by everything except its unique hardware. The difference between a PS4 and, say, Dell deciding one day to build a standard PC and call it a snazzy name and somehow get a whole bunch of developers to commit to is basically down to branding and aesthetics. Somehow, that makes the PS4 seem trivial and unstable - that it could be replaced very quickly by a competitor with a good marketing strategy and a lot of pull - but in reality it was the best approach.

And of course, Sony's efforts now will go towards arbitrarily obfuscating the OS and firmware that the hardware runs so it is locked down and "unique" enough that a competitor can't just roll out a superior bit of kit 6 months afterwards that runs PS4 games, so it will obviously differ from PC in that regard.

Last edited by OzTitan : 02-22-2013 at 02:06 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why there's no BC for the PS4. The architecture is too different from the PS3. It would take a lot more power and money.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I still rock a ps2...the fat one too haha

I'll probably pick up a ps4 or new xbox when they drop in price though.
Nah, its all about that N64 bro.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It'd be great if either would just roll out a software package for PC so we could run a Virtual PS4/720 on our machines.

I'm interested in seeing how Steambox changes things.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was just reading about PS4 and they mention the cloud storage company that Sony recently bought, and that rather than building in backwards compatability to the actual system, they could use that as a means for playing older games. Not sure how that would work, but an interesting idea if possible.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also mentioned that you could play any game on your handheld device too. Nice try Sony but I still won't buy one of your handheld devices.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a long summer and fall to wait for this bad boy.I just hope NCAA and Madden make a big jump next year when it hits.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last time the next gen consoles came out Madden was absolutely brutal. Almost unplayable.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So I was just reading about PS4 and they mention the cloud storage company that Sony recently bought, and that rather than building in backwards compatability to the actual system, they could use that as a means for playing older games. Not sure how that would work, but an interesting idea if possible.
"Gaming as a Service" has been toyed with for a while now. OnLive being the most notable name. In this case the plan seems to be to deliver PS3 backwards compatibility as a service, meaning the processing is done at their end.

Personally I can't fathom how the latency between controller action and screen result going from nanoseconds on a purely local machine to at least 50ms or so over the Internet could be tolerable, but there is a lot of weight behind this concept as the future of gaming. Nvidia seem keen on it.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'd be great if either would just roll out a software package for PC so we could run a Virtual PS4/720 on our machines.

I'm interested in seeing how Steambox changes things.
Yeah, I'm very interested in the Steam Box. Best part about it is that you'll be ale to upgrade it like a PC rather than waiting another 7+ years for a new console to come out. PC Gaming is coming back!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Great, now we get to see when our friends are playing video games through twitter/facebook. Pretty soon people will just start letting us know when they are wacking off and taking a **** and I think we got everything.
I took a dump like half an hour ago. It was pretty nice. Felt relieved afterward. If my toilet had social media integration, I wouldn't have had to type all of this out, saving me valuable time that could be better spent fiddling with my naughty bits. Can't argue against that.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
They also mentioned that you could play any game on your handheld device too. Nice try Sony but I still won't buy one of your handheld devices.
They will never stop pushing Vita. I don't know anyone that has one and have never seen one outside of the display case.