Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warmack did 35 reps according to draftcountdown. Did I say Warmack. It was Cooper who did 35/. Sorry.

Last edited by weasel : 02-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Burleson and Raiola took pay cuts. KVB and Peterman gone. Stafford extension coming. We are going to have some room. Heck cut Robiskie, Tyrell Johnson and Mike Thomas for 2.9 million in room too.
I think they are trying to get a big fish. Raiola and Burleson seemed to be very willing to restructure. From my understanding Raiola cut his contract down to the vet minimum bu I could be wrong.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have a big fish, Avril, who is being courted by the 49ers. I think Avril has priced his way out. Jennings? Mike Wallace? I'm dreaming.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want to give avril the kind of money he is looking for. I think he is over valued and reaps a lot of benefits from Suh

It wouldn't shock me if they spent big money on a WR. Mayhew has failed countless times at drafting them and it's really hindering our offense. Could you imagine Wallace lining up across from him?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Could you imagine Wallace lining up across from him?

I think I just peed a little!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

New Lion's mock.
005) Eric Fischer LT
036) Aurthur Brown OLB
065) Tank Carradine DE
4th) Phillip Thomas S
5th) Quanterus Smith DE

We bring in Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace WR, Greg Toler CB, Chad Rinehart G and Dashon Goldson S FA's. One big fish and several small fry.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to watch Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel in the position drills. I'm starting to suspect that Fisher is better than babyface.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...handful_o.html

Other ways to clear cap space.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Default DL at the combine this first group of DE's/DT's

included Ansah and Dion Jordan. Both looked good in the drills. Wanted to get a look at Moore and Werner.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lot of talk about the Lions chasing Reggie Bush right now. Burleson was openly recruiting him on the NFL Network last week.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush could actually be an elite WR for us, lots of mismatch problems. I would love to be able to do what Sean Payton/Drew Brees has done with Bush/Sproles in New Orleans. He'd be a gamechanger if we can get a decent price.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Thoughts so far...

So...Damontre Moore 6'5" 250lbs. with a 4.95 official 40, 1.69 10 yrd split, 12 bench reps, but 35.5" vert and 122 broad. Knocks on him entering the combine was potential lack of elite twitch and he didn't help himself with his speed or strength measureables. The jumps help show some explosion, but the base speed isn't there. How is he battling with tackles and tight ends with only 12 bench reps? Did he ever visit the weight room? Dedication? I'm saying he's a definite no at 5 and only an option in the 15-25 range.

Bjeorn Werner 6'3" 266lbs. 4.83 40, 1.66 split, 25 reps, 31" vert, and 111" broad. Stiffer and lacked the jumping numbers that show elite explosion. Did he win by strength in college? The pros have bigger and stronger competition. I'd feel more comfortable if we traded down and took him. Pick 12-20 type.

Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 271lbs, 4.63 40, 1.56 split, 21 reps, 34.5" vert, and 118" broad. Has the raw speed, explosion, and power. I was originally against us taking him, but he's the clear cut better athlete at DE. Limited snaps in year one, but years 2 and 3 he should be a Pro Bowler. I considered him a 2nd round type if he fell during the Senior Bowl practices. He benefits from weak competition and elite potential. If we reach for a DE, I'm on board the Ziggy train now. Our rotational philosophy of always having fresh bodies would do wonders for his development. Also, our scheme is one of the simplest around. He's a great fit for us.

My board
1. Eric Fisher
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Ezekiel Ansah
4. Chance Warmack

I am waiting to judge Dee Milliner until tomorrow, which is why he isn't on here. He probably is #4 right now, but I reserve the right to move up or off depending on how he looks. I want to watch him move alongside Rhodes and Trufant. In general though, corners don't warrant a top 5 pick unless they have Deangelo Hall or Patrick Peterson speed. However, this is a weak draft.

Guys to watch tomorrow:
Dee Milliner
Kenny Vaccaro

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore pulled up lame in his 40 so it's hard to judge his time. As for Werner, Mayock said neither looked like top 10 guys to him so I doubt we take either. I agree that we will have to see Milliner tomorrow before passing judgment.

I don't think Joeckel has slipped one bit, it is just that Fisher and Johnson have come out of nowhere to reach the top 10 and so they are getting a lot of deserved hype but Joeckel is still #1 in my book.

I don't think we can wait 2 or 3 years for Ansah to reach his potential, I do love Warmack.

If Backus resigns, I really suspect now, that Milliner, if he has a solid Combine, will be our pick.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can certainly see us pursuing Bush, Mayhew has said, he want a speed back who can catch the ball and Bush fits that to a tee.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't picking up Breaston and Bush. Then draft all defense.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Ramses Barden? I wouldn't mind seeing him in at the right price.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to do out best to move down. If not it seems as if we will end up reaching for Milliner. While I wouldn't complain with that, we are much better off in the 6-18 range where we would get fair value taking either a OG, CB, DE, or LB.

Plus we can use as many picks in the top 3 rounds as possible.

Look at the bengals with their 1st, Oaklands 2nd, and Their second. Best case scenario would be them falling in love with someone and moving up.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

If we're talking trades...then we should try and strong arm the new Chargers GM. They have to be desperate for a LT and Fisher/Joeckel are 2 of about only 5 actual top 10 talents in this draft.

Other than that, and probably more likely...maybe someone can trade up for Geno or Barkley. Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo, and the Jets pick immediately after us. If any of them want to leapfrog the other for Geno or Barkley, then we are the prime trade candidate. Maybe we could drop 2-3 spots and get a free 2nd rounder?

as for Ramses...I like him a ton, but I want a speedster at WR.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Who would CLE draft? That's the key. And is that player worth moving up for?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

I would rather draft Fisher and trade Backus for the SD 3rd round pick and maybe trade back into the first and pick up Dion Jordan .
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Following the DBs with great interest this morning. Four 40 times recorded thus far jump out at me:

David Amerson ran a 4.38
Jonathan Banks a 4.59
Tyrann Mathieu a 4.43
Dee Milliner a 4.31

So to start with Milliner, I think he outperformed expectations and has firmly entrenched himself as a solid candidate for the Lions at #5. That's a pretty exciting time imo.

Banks ran himself out of the first round and into the second or maybe even the third. Conversely, I think Amerson may have put himself ahead of Banks on draft boards now, probably mid-to-late second.

Mathieu likely firmed up his spot in the fourth round.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
I would rather draft Fisher and trade Backus for the SD 3rd round pick and maybe trade back into the first and pick up Dion Jordan .
Dion Jordan has said outright that he's getting most love from 3-4 teams, and stated that he sees himself more as a 3-4 stand-up guy.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think they'd be crazy not to draft Milliner now.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

I'm kinda lovin Milliner in the first now and DJ Swearinger in the third. Still don't have my head wrapped around what to do in the second. Maybe one of Datone Jones/Barrett Jones/Arthur Brown?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

It appears Milliner is our pick (if he is there) that is much faster than I anticipated.

Still curious what Vaccaro ran