Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not secret that I've been wanting the Saints to use more 2 TE sets like the Patriots do, nor is it a secret that I've been wanting them to draft a versatile, pass-catching TE this year.

The guy I want in the later rounds is TE Philip Lutzenkirchen from Auburn. He's more of an H-back but is a reliable route runner, has soft hands, gets off the line, makes the difficult catch and would compliment Jimmy Graham really well.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You're the first person I've heard of that's not impressed by Lane Johnson. I like Pugh as a prospect but I question his ability to be a LT at the next level.
Honestly, I don't know enough about Lane Johnson to make any analysis on him. All I can say is that offensive tackle might be something to target later in the draft. According to John Clayton from ESPN, he said in his combine preview for ESPN.com that the offensive line pool is one of the deepest in a long time.

Quote:
The combine opens with 25 offensive linemen graded to go in the top 5 rounds, including 14 tackles.
Source: ESPN.com's John Clayton.

He does point out that Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, Central Michigan's Eric Fisher and diabsoule's boy might all be top 10 tackle prospects. So who knows, the Saints might let Bushrod walk instead of paying him megabucks (*gold star for whoever gets the WWF reference) and draft Fisher or Johnson in the first or even someone like Justin Pugh from Syracuse or Chris Faulk from LSU later in the draft.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're the first person I've heard of that's not impressed by Lane Johnson. I like Pugh as a prospect but I question his ability to be a LT at the next level.
maybe im basing it too much on the game we played against OU but he didnt get anything done, allowed good pressure by a mediocre rush linebacker and got no push whatsoever in the run game.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not secret that I've been wanting the Saints to use more 2 TE sets like the Patriots do, nor is it a secret that I've been wanting them to draft a versatile, pass-catching TE this year.

The guy I want in the later rounds is TE Philip Lutzenkirchen from Auburn. He's more of an H-back but is a reliable route runner, has soft hands, gets off the line, makes the difficult catch and would compliment Jimmy Graham really well.
Quote:
I can't say I disagree with you, so I will have to disagree with you just said. - Jim Rome
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that H-B Phillip Lutzenkirchen is worth a draft pick. I agree with the idea of another pass catching tight end, but I honestly don't want the Saints using a draft choice on this guy, especially when we have so much other positions that could use a definite upgrade.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that H-B Phillip Lutzenkirchen is worth a draft pick. I agree with the idea of another pass catching tight end, but I honestly don't want the Saints using a draft choice on this guy, especially when we have so much other positions that could use a definite upgrade.
I would much rather spend drafts picks on S, LT, NT, and 3-4 OLB first before drafting a TE. I think Lutz is a fringe draftable prospect right now but he's not drafted I'll use my cell minutes to call him into the Saints camp as a UDFA.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am chomping at the bit to see what compensatory picks we get.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't think we're going to get any. We signed more FA's that we lost.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I'm with you on this one. I think if no one huge name falls to us, we should attempt to move down, stockpile some picks (maybe an early second rounder and a third, perhaps?) and get some quality players later in the draft.

Mickey Loomis has proven in several years that we can select players in the later rounds that are successful, like Jahri Evans (fourth round), Jermon Bushrod (fourth round) and of course, Marques Colston (seventh round).

But that's only if there's not a top-tier player that fills a team need. We have, in my opinion, need at nose tackle (now that we're switching to a 3-4), linebacker, and offensive tackle (especially if Bushrod walks in free agency). Safety and wide receiver could also be positions of concern as well.
I want to move to later 1st and gain a late 2nd/early third apart of it. I feel like we would still get someone of importance while getting a extra pick.

Quote:
We wont get any at all. Based on this

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...k-projections/

We really dont have anything. Thanks a lot Chamberlain :/
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

A good read from NOLA.com about the Saints and the NFL Scouting Combine:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ld_find_1.html

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

It's official from Larry Holder - the Seahawks will get the Saints 7th round pick because of the Barrett Ruud trade. This is just FANTASTIC!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft is gonna be boring :/
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

I don't know, zachsaints52, I think it could be interesting since we don't know who we're going to get in the first round.

So many directions the Saints could go in...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance we trade down and get our 2nd back? The only way we don't draft a LT is if they think Charles Brown is ready.

Also worship my avatar.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 02-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Any chance we trade down and get our 2nd back? The only way we don't draft a LT is if they think Charles Brown is ready.

Also worship my avatar.
I think there has to be a very realistic chance that we trade down this year. We absolutely could use the extra picks this year. Loomis has to be aware of that.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Keep an eye on Michigan State TE Dion Sims. He had an impressive weigh-in, 40 time, bench, and hand measurements.

Heigh/Weight: 6'5", 262
Hands: 10.4"
40: 4.72 and 4.75
Bench: 22
Vert: 35

Also, new Saints RB coach Dan Roushar was his OC last year

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just don't think I'd use any draft pick on an offensive player unless it was a tackle.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Lane Johnson had a good day today. I'm just sayin'.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Not a bad choice especially if we can trade down and grab an OT
Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Well, Lane Johnson had a good day today. I'm just sayin'.
Quote:
Not a bad choice especially if we can trade down and grab an OT
I would be VERY surprised if Lane Johnson made it to our pick, but if he he did I would run up to the podium. The guy is going to be a lockdown LT for the next decade.

Also, here's my latest mock draft after today. It's a bit optimistic:

Round 1: OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Round 3: CB Rob Alford, SE Louisiana
Round 4: TE Dion Sims, Michigan St.
Round 5: DE/OLB Cornelius Washington, Georgia
Round 6: NT T.J. Barnes, Georgia Tech

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just don't think I'd use any draft pick on an offensive player unless it was a tackle.
I understand your point of view, I realy want a playmaker in our defense too, or at least not a bust.

But I'm actualy worried about the talent on our offensive side (Brees make some of them so much better) it wouldn't hurt to as some quality depht at WR, TE, OT.
I'm not sure I want Michael Higgins as 2nd TE next year, I like him but hasn't proved enough.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
I understand your point of view, I realy want a playmaker in our defense too, or at least not a bust.

But I'm actualy worried about the talent on our offensive side (Brees make some of them so much better) it wouldn't hurt to as some quality depht at WR, TE, OT.
I'm not sure I want Michael Higgins as 2nd TE next year, I like him but hasn't proved enough.
We had the #3 offense in the league without our general and with the 18th lowest cap on offense. We need defense
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate it but it looks like damontre moore took himself of our board with his workout, that was a truely pathetic workout

Saints 2014 draft

Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Im ready to see TJ McDonald light it up in the combine.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i hate it but it looks like damontre moore took himself of our board with his workout, that was a truely pathetic workout
Why? His play against sec offenses speaks for itself. I don't care how much he can bench. Tackle the guy with the ball.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Why? His play against sec offenses speaks for itself. I don't care how much he can bench. Tackle the guy with the ball.
i absolutely love his film but between his drills and his 40 im getting worried about him to play standing up

Saints 2014 draft