Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
It's all smokescreens, but it's a fun read.
I love Bob McGinn's anonymous scout articles.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith looks head and shoulders above the rest of this Qb class right now. If I'm a team that needs a Qb and I can't get Smith I'm going to be really disappointed as there seems to be so much value at other positions. We already saw the OL look great as a whole yesterday and right now this WR class is looking pretty deep. We still haven't even seen the DL, which many consider the deepest position, and the DBs which also look solid. I just can't see a team justifying reaching for a Qb other than Smith in the first round with so many good players at other positions.

In terms of individual players I think Robert Woods could be a great value in the second round and I still not sure why people don't talk more about him. He doesn't jump out at you physically but he ran well enough to answer questions about his speed and he was one of the best looking hand catchers out there.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Patterson is ridiculously overrated
Yep and Robinson is ridiculously underrated.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised at Sander's 40 time. I know his main attribute is agility/change-of-direction skills, but I still expected at least a 4.4_ time. He did have some nice catches, however.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He's fast?
It's almost sacreligous that he's faster than Jordy Nelson. This is ********.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
just came in here to post this. this is what i dont understand about the official/unofficial 40 times. swope didnt run an unofficial 40 faster than 4.34 than gets "adjusted" to an official 4.34.

i was watching on nfl network and he didnt look nearly as fast as cordarrelle patterson (4.42), denard robinson (4.43), corey fuller (4.43), justin hunter (4.44) and markus wheaton (4.45).

those are all there "official" times. they all burned swope with their unofficial times. i dont get it.

EDIT: just looked it up: swope's unofficials were 4.44 and 4.38 and his official got FASTER while everyone else got slower. how does that work?
This is why i don't like the hand vs electronic BS. Just have 3 fat guys with cigars at the finish line and hand time the runners. Drop the odd time and just go with that. Does every ####ing thing in the world have to be high tech.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
In terms of individual players I think Robert Woods could be a great value in the second round and I still not sure why people don't talk more about him. He doesn't jump out at you physically but he ran well enough to answer questions about his speed and he was one of the best looking hand catchers out there.
just my opinion, he did not run well enough to answer questions about his speed. i was a little disappointed. coming out of high school, recruiting services were saying this is one of the fastest, if not the fastest recruit in the country. from what ive read, the type of receiver he is is a speed receiver and the 40 will make or break him. he ran an unofficial 4.44 and an official 4.51. dont get me wrong, still a good time but i was expecting high 4.3s-low 4.4s.

looking on the other side of it, the 40 time is just a number and has been viewed as an overrated drill. plus, 4.51 is still a fast time.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just came in here to post this. this is what i dont understand about the official/unofficial 40 times. swope didnt run an unofficial 40 faster than 4.34 than gets "adjusted" to an official 4.34.

i was watching on nfl network and he didnt look nearly as fast as cordarrelle patterson (4.42), denard robinson (4.43), corey fuller (4.43), justin hunter (4.44) and markus wheaton (4.45).

those are all there "official" times. they all burned swope with their unofficial times. i dont get it.

EDIT: just looked it up: swope's unofficials were 4.44 and 4.38 and his official got FASTER while everyone else got slower. how does that work?
They were slow clocking his time?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
This is why i don't like the hand vs electronic BS. Just have 3 fat guys with cigars at the finish line and hand time the runners. Drop the odd time and just go with that. Does every ####ing thing in the world have to be high tech.
yes. hopefully they improve it next year and take out the human error of hand starting the time. They have sensors on the ground, which time when the hand gets lifted(apparently that what it looks like to me). So maybe we can get better times next year.

Unofficial is done by NFLN, who are hand timing them from wherever they are watching, I doubt its on the line.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yup, just mentally insert +/- .05 to every single time that you see anywhere.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
And i thought they just wanted to give the white guy a break.

Swope is an interesting player. You can pretty easily project him to be a Wes Welker type slot receiver which if that works out he'd certainly be worth a high selection. His speed suprised me a bit because i didnt think he played that fast and his vertical at 37 in. is very good. My guess is he solidified a 3rd round pick with an outside chance at the second.
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, i get that. but it just makes no sense to me that those 5 receivers i mentioned LOOKED faster and TIMED faster unofficially than swope and he ends up with a faster official time.

if you go to the nfl combine tracker on nfl.com and look down the list, all the receivers 40 times were slower officially than their unofficial times, except swope.

all im saying is its weird and doesnt make sense to me.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Swope ran fast, but does he really play at that speed?

Before the combine most of us had a idea from game tape who would be fast, and Austin, Patterson, Goodwin were there. They played fast.

Swope came out of nowhere, he may just be a guy with great triangle numbers, but doesn't translate to the field.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly don't see Woods as a big-time vertical threat so I think his 40 time is fine. What he does do well is run routes, catch the ball with his hands, and make plays after the catch. He doesn't have the freakish athleticism like Patterson but he's certainly one of the most polished receivers in the draft and he showed he has the speed to be a factor in the NFL. I see him as a high-end #2 that can contribute immediately for a team with an established #1.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Before the combine most of us had a idea from game tape who would be fast, and Austin, Patterson, Goodwin were there. They played fast.

Swope came out of nowhere, he may just be a guy with great triangle numbers, but doesn't translate to the field.
Swope is that fast. Ask any Texas A&M fan, and he isn't coming out of nowhere. He's fast, has great hands, and is incredibly strong. He owns all of A&M's receiving records. The only knock on him is height, and even in that he isn't too bad. Whichever team drafts Swope is getting a STEAL, especially since I haven't seen him mocked any higher that round 3.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yea...No. Swope actually was a really good and productive WR at A&M. Had a similar career to Austin and was more productive than both Goodwin and Patterson.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
Swope is that fast. Ask any Texas A&M fan, and he isn't coming out of nowhere. He's fast, has great hands, and is incredibly strong. He owns all of A&M's receiving records. The only knock on him is height, and even in that he isn't too bad. Whichever team drafts Swope is getting a STEAL, especially since I haven't seen him mocked any higher that round 3.
guess I'll have to watch some game tape.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:

I am going to be extremely happy if the Seahawks grab Swope somewhere in the second or third. For me he plays like a 4.5 guy but looks ideal for the slot. I think his 37 in. vertical probably said as much about his athleticism as his 40 and i will be watching his cone times to check out his quickness as well.
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got dang, Knile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knile Davis, wow!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surprised at Sander's 40 time. I know his main attribute is agility/change-of-direction skills, but I still expected at least a 4.4_ time. He did have some nice catches, however.
He also had a ball go right through his hands and hit him square in the face.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yeah, i get that. but it just makes no sense to me that those 5 receivers i mentioned LOOKED faster and TIMED faster unofficially than swope and he ends up with a faster official time.

if you go to the nfl combine tracker on nfl.com and look down the list, all the receivers 40 times were slower officially than their unofficial times, except swope.

all im saying is its weird and doesnt make sense to me.
Looked faster in what way? Did NFLN do a composite of all of them running at the same time and they are ahead of Swope, or simply when they lined up for their individual runs you thought they looked faster? If its the latter, that's relatively meaningless.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think Barner could run fast on his second run, it looked like he got a bad start.
Babylon
Legend

What does Eddy Lacey need to run to solidify a first round pick?
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He also had a ball go right through his hands and hit him square in the face.
I didn't see it, so I'm going to pretend it never happened. Ace Sanders #1!

Sig by Matthew Jones