Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Honestly, I'd rather wait to fill the NT spot. Somebody's going to fall to the 3rd or 4th round for no particularly reason. It always happens. And with a class as deep at NT/5-Tech as this one, I'd rather wait a bit. Ian Williams was one of the top NTs in his draft class and wasn't even drafted. Guys are going to fall. I think its going to be a run on O-Lineman this year. Teams want to be able to protect their QBs and maximize the pass. When I go over to other teams forums around the web and read up on info, a lot of fans and media are clamoring for their GMs to put a premium on the O-Line like we did with Iupati and Davis. I see it all the times. I think its really going to be a emphasis by a lot of teams to grab the better O-Line talent early. Sortta explains why I want Barrett Jones in the first, but not really lol. But I could see a couple of the NTs falling right into our lap later.
I agree with you on the NT position. This is a passing league and run-stuffing NT's aren't as valuable anymore. I want a pass rushing DL...probably won't be able to get someone as good as JJ Watt but getting a guy similar to Justin (i wish) or even Calais Campbell (2nd rounder). Even if both RJF and Sopo leave i would still say there's a handful of positions that are a bigger priority. We predominantly play in our Nickel defense anyway.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they go the offensive line in the first Fluker or Frederick would both be great fits Fluker probably won't be on the board at that time though. Also really like Larry Warford.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 02-23-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the world is Fluker a great fit?
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Frederick is probably a 3rd rounder at best.

I'd take Jonathan Cooper or Chase Warmack to play C in the 1st but that's about it.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Where is Tavon Austin projected to go?? I watched a couple of WV's games, the guy reminds me a lot of DeSean Jackson.. Would love to have him in the slot!

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Where is Tavon Austin projected to go?? I watched a couple of WV's games, the guy reminds me a lot of DeSean Jackson.. Would love to have him in the slot!
Austin, from what I've seen thus far, is projected to go late 1st to mid 2nd. I am a big WVU homer, so of course I love him. The thought of him running around with Kaep and James makes me very happy. I don't think we'll go that way, though.

I really wanted DJax the year he came out. Who did we end up going with that year? Balmer?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please dont get me started on Balmer. UGH.

Draft wise, im hoping for the best 3-4 DE Justin Smith clone at 31. NT isnt a need even if we lose Sopoaga and Jean Francois even though im hoping the team re-signs Francois because he's young, shouldnt be too much money to keep and can play both NT and DE. In general, NT isnt a need because like others have said, we mainly play in a nickel defense and while other 3-4 teams leave the NT in and take out a LB, we do the opposite since we have the best LB core in the NFL. Sopoaga played less than 35% of the snaps and thus no reason to keep him or draft a NT early.

I'm still hoping that after the best 3-4 DE Justin Smith clone we can get at 31, we'll draft a pass rushing OLB in the second. To me, the front seven is the most important because if we can get pressure, our secondary will do better like it did in 2011. If not, it wont matter who we have in our secondary. Also, in case of injuries and whatnot, im just hoping for depth at DE and OLB in the first two rounds.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
How in the world is Fluker a great fit?
At RG he would be perfect.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
At RG he would be perfect.
I actually think he might struggle with some of the tight-gap pulls and second level bracketing that Roman utilizes.

What's wrong with Alex Boone? We need a future center. Looney is a more than capable backup at G if Boone were to falter or go down.

Do you actually want to draft Fluker or are you just making hypotheticals?

Last edited by phlysac : 02-24-2013 at 12:22 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I actually think he might struggle with some of the tight-gap pulls and second level bracketing that Roman utilizes.

What's wrong with Alex Boone? We need a future center. Looney is a more than capable backup at G if Boone were to falter or go down.

Do you actually want to draft Fluker or are you just making hypotheticals?
I'm just throwing out options of guys that are good fits.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fluker is a horrible fit. Other than QB, OL makes the least sense to draft in the 1st round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Austin, from what I've seen thus far, is projected to go late 1st to mid 2nd. I am a big WVU homer, so of course I love him. The thought of him running around with Kaep and James makes me very happy. I don't think we'll go that way, though.

I really wanted DJax the year he came out. Who did we end up going with that year? Balmer?
What's really sad is we had two chances to grab D-Jax.. Our very own Jerry Rice worked out with DeSean that off-season and recommended us drafting him. You would think that we would have recognized the talent coming from Cal especially when its in our own backyard but instead, we went with Kentwan Balmer in the 1st and then Chilo Rachal in the 2nd when Jackson was still available

Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Please dont get me started on Balmer. UGH.

Draft wise, im hoping for the best 3-4 DE Justin Smith clone at 31. NT isnt a need even if we lose Sopoaga and Jean Francois even though im hoping the team re-signs Francois because he's young, shouldnt be too much money to keep and can play both NT and DE. In general, NT isnt a need because like others have said, we mainly play in a nickel defense and while other 3-4 teams leave the NT in and take out a LB, we do the opposite since we have the best LB core in the NFL. Sopoaga played less than 35% of the snaps and thus no reason to keep him or draft a NT early.

I'm still hoping that after the best 3-4 DE Justin Smith clone we can get at 31, we'll draft a pass rushing OLB in the second. To me, the front seven is the most important because if we can get pressure, our secondary will do better like it did in 2011. If not, it wont matter who we have in our secondary. Also, in case of injuries and whatnot, im just hoping for depth at DE and OLB in the first two rounds.
Dan I am a big fan of your input.. I've been on this forum for years just reading posts without engaging in them and at times you have some very good ideas but other times it seems like its you against the world lol.. From what I've been hearing it looks like were going to let RJF walk and sign Soap on a discount and for some reason I am satisfied with that. We do need a replacement for Justin your right about that but I just feel like its scary taking a defensive lineman that late in the 1st round. I don't want another Kentwan Balmer project to develop or anything like that. It seems like if you can't get guys like Aldon Smith or J.J Watt in the top 15 then it's a big risk trying late IMHO.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big thing with the Sopoaga, RJF thing is price. Depending on what they want i can understand keeping Sopoaga and letting RJF walk because RJF will never be more than a decent starter. He is nothing really special and if he want starter money i think he will be overpaid.

If they both would want the same type of money i would always go with Sopoaga because you can get a RJF in the later rounds or get a project at NT to replace Sopoaga in a couple of years.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
The big thing with the Sopoaga, RJF thing is price. Depending on what they want i can understand keeping Sopoaga and letting RJF walk because RJF will never be more than a decent starter. He is nothing really special and if he want starter money i think he will be overpaid.

If they both would want the same type of money i would always go with Sopoaga because you can get a RJF in the later rounds or get a project at NT to replace Sopoaga in a couple of years.
RJF brings a pass rush presence at both DT positions that Sopoaga doesn't. Ian Williams is also still developing as a possible heir to Ice.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dan I am a big fan of your input.. I've been on this forum for years just reading posts without engaging in them and at times you have some very good ideas but other times it seems like its you against the world lol.. From what I've been hearing it looks like were going to let RJF walk and sign Soap on a discount and for some reason I am satisfied with that. We do need a replacement for Justin your right about that but I just feel like its scary taking a defensive lineman that late in the 1st round. I don't want another Kentwan Balmer project to develop or anything like that. It seems like if you can't get guys like Aldon Smith or J.J Watt in the top 15 then it's a big risk trying late IMHO.
Thanks for the compliment and yes, it is sometimes me vs the world or in this case, other 49er fans. LOL. I have usually wanted to sign top tier free agents every year but for the last two, I have changed my thinking on that. The only FA that I have wanted has been WR Mike Wallace but with team having only $3.5m in cap room and determined to hold on to these old veterans longer than they should, thats obviously not going to happen.

As for the Draft, ideally, I would love a 3-4 DE, pass rushing OLB and a center within the first three rounds but if there's no 3-4 DE worth taking at 31 but a top tier center is available, I wouldnt hesitate to draft the center. I would have no problem drafting a center at 31 as long as that's what he's going to be when he starts. Otherwise, no.

Regarding the NT position, I wont be happy if they re-sign Sopoaga over RJF. Personally, I think that it would be stupid to invest any money in a player who'll be 32 when the season starts over a player who's just hitting his prime, can play both NT and DE and does provide more pass rushing ability than Sopoaga.

I have a feeling that Baalke/Harbaugh are going to let guys like Goldson, Walker and RJF leave but keep the veterans for as long as possible which is something im not going to be happy about nor will I agree with. You have to know when to cut the fat off the team and personally, releasing a player like Alex Smith NOW so we have the cap room to re-sign or franchise Goldson is far more important than trying to acquire a mid to late round draft pick for Smith but in the process, lose Goldson in which we currently have no replacement for and no, I dont want Woodson or Reed.

Baalke/Harbaugh have done great in regards to the Draft the last two seasons which is why I dont understand them wanting to keep the older veterans (Alex Smith, Akers, Goodwin and Rogers) for another year or trying to trade them instead of just replacing them in the draft while getting younger, cheaper replacements and keeping the core like Goldson intact.

But whatever, just have to wait and see what happens.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's really sad is we had two chances to grab D-Jax.. Our very own Jerry Rice worked out with DeSean that off-season and recommended us drafting him. You would think that we would have recognized the talent coming from Cal especially when its in our own backyard but instead, we went with Kentwan Balmer in the 1st and then Chilo Rachal in the 2nd when Jackson was still available
I knew it was Balmer. I forgot about Rachal going before him as well, though. Ugh. I'm gonna be sick.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I find Tracy Porter going right after Rachal even more upsetting than Jackson.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I knew it was Balmer. I forgot about Rachal going before him as well, though. Ugh. I'm gonna be sick.
Even the Eagles drafted Trevor Laws before Desean Jackson. He went in the 2nd for a reason and it wasn't just the 49ers who didn't draft him.

Please move on from this.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Even the Eagles drafted Trevor Laws before Desean Jackson. He went in the 2nd for a reason and it wasn't just the 49ers who didn't draft him.

Please move on from this.
I don't know what I "haven't moved on from"? I really liked DJax and wanted him that year. Someone mentioned him earlier when talking about Austin. I made a couple of posts in regards to it. I'll move on now, boss.

Have you all seen this?

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...12341730189312
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Could it be the Chiefs?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm running the 49ers in the forum mock and would hope for some feedback if you have the time. I am thinking best value of CB/NT for my first round pick. Possible LB depth in the second. Helpful PM's are appreciated.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where have you heard we're going to let RJF walk? I read nothing nor seen anything that suggest we're going to sign Ice over RJF. Baalke would never tip his hand on what direction we're going in FA so anybody reporting that is purely speculating. Sopoaga won't garner much intrest in FA. He's 32 and coming off a subpar year. RJF won't break the bank to re-sign and he has much more long-term value as guy who can play all postions upfront. He makes the most sense to be brought back. I think Baalke understands this and will act accordingly.

So apparently Goldson's ppl and Baalke are miles apart in contract talks and all signs point to him heading to the open market. Can't say I didn't see this coming.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This makes no sense. RJF outplayed Sopoaga this year. Its right there on film. He's graded out higher than Sopoagag the last two years. He's a better player. We can give him a developmental type of deal similar to what we signed Boone and Spillman to. I have no idea what interest he'll demand as a free agent but he has said over and over he loves playing for Tomsula and Jimbaugh and wants to remain a Niner.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lot of 49er news coming from the Combine...

Read on another forum that 49ers are trying to re-sign RJF, and if they don't you can expect 5-6 teams interested in FA. Which means he has the potential to get a little overpaid. And of course there was that report that we're interested in FA Corners. Hope we don't overspend though, but w/e.

Also seems like we're letting Goldson test the market, and have found a partner for Alex (Chiefs?). I'm hoping for a 2014 2nd, i think that's the highest pick we'll get because a 2014 2nd is effectively viewed as a 2013 3rd by the draft pick chart.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote