Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the laughs arent there. I said the same things about the previous two episodes. Still felt like Community to me tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is dropping in quality Office style.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This is dropping in quality Office style.
Im glad someone agrees with me. There are just subtle differences I've picked up on that make it feel a bit different to me. The lack of laughing also doesn't help.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Im glad someone agrees with me. There are just subtle differences I've picked up on that make it feel a bit different to me. The lack of laughing also doesn't help.
No offense, but duh. It's ran by someone different, that's inevitable.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No offense, but duh. It's ran by someone different, that's inevitable.
Well you have people here arguing that it's the same Community. It's not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And then we have people like you who just keep saying that without listing out the reasons why this isn't community. I'm giving you the laughs are lacking point. Ive yet to hear other than that from people why this show is such a separation from what it was. I really would love to hear it.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Subtle differences" doesn't mean the show overall can't be the same. It's obviously not going to be 100% the same, that was inherent the moment Harmon left, but that doesn't mean there's no continuity, that this season and later ones can't have the same feeling or quality as the previous ones.

I honestly feel that some people are criticizing Community for being Community, either now only realizing things they didn't like in the original series, or suddenly turning face on things they would have liked if they thought Harmon had come up with them.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No that's not what I'm doing at all Cigaro. I absolutely loved the show and couldn't wait for it to get back even without Harmon. I also did criticize things in the past when he was there.

Jvig next episode I'll keep a tab of what I think is different. Maybe I'll go back and watch last one as well and note what I think. Just a major example though was that first scene with Britta sneaking out and back in and her opening the door with donuts. Abed goes I know you're having sex and he just wanted the donuts. I could find that in any number of crappy sitcoms and I expect better out of Community because it was on another level. That scene would not have taken place in the past.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have not found any of the three episodes to be very funny. There has been the occasional laugh but if the three episodes are indicative of what the rest of the season will be like I am very disappointed. All three episodes had great premises but each episode fell flat to me.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night was enjoyable, but it was kinda just "there" to me. Not particularly funny or anything. I think this show misses more from Dan than just writing. He was a known control freak about everything and I think him not being there shows in all areas of the show. Not just in the writing.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No that's not what I'm doing at all Cigaro. I absolutely loved the show and couldn't wait for it to get back even without Harmon. I also did criticize things in the past when he was there.

Jvig next episode I'll keep a tab of what I think is different. Maybe I'll go back and watch last one as well and note what I think. Just a major example though was that first scene with Britta sneaking out and back in and her opening the door with donuts. Abed goes I know you're having sex and he just wanted the donuts. I could find that in any number of crappy sitcoms and I expect better out of Community because it was on another level. That scene would not have taken place in the past.
Abed secretly knowing that people are keeping things from him because they thinks he's fragile has been done in Community before. I'm not sure what you're getting on about with that.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 02-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are Annie and Jeff together?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Abed secretly knowing that people are keeping things from him because they thinks he's fragile has been done in Community before. I'm not sure what you're getting on about with that.
For donuts?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last part of the show was awesome.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
For donuts?
Again, I'm not sure what you're getting at. There's a well established history of Abed being extremely perceptive of his friends, knowing more about them than they believed. There's also a well established history of people treating Abed as a fragile case, while he's actually more sane than they give him credit for. Both of these trends where put into play in this part. But because this time he got donuts out of it, it's now all of a sudden un-Community?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just rewatched this episode and I've gotta say that, Pierce's part cracked me up, little Britain guy had some great lines and I really enjoyed Britta talking Troy through having his boyfriend stolen. Not the greatest Community, but this was a quality funny episode.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far I've found it to be an underwhelming season, not going to say it isn't Community anymore because I haven't noticed that to any real extent other than that it has gone 3 episodes without being funny or an episode that makes me feel like asking my mates if they've seen the new Community episode yet.

As I said underwhelming. That said, I was pleased with the end of this most recent effort, the Abed "I hate you" was great. I'm actually kind of hoping for an Annie and Jeff story arc as I think it opens up a lot more potential laughs!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The biggest problem of this season has been the exclusion of the laughs, totally fair argument to make. The context and presentation of the last few episodes tho have all screamed community. Really, NBC should of kicked Chevy off and kept Harmon on. Pierce is the second worst character of the group, and isn't needed.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The biggest problem of this season has been the exclusion of the laughs, totally fair argument to make. The context and presentation of the last few episodes tho have all screamed community. Really, NBC should of kicked Chevy off and kept Harmon on. Pierce is the second worst character of the group, and isn't needed.
And he ended up quitting anyway.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

I don't have anything against the character Pierce, and I obviously don't think the show is lost without Harmon, but I would definitely take Harmon before Chase. Pierce is the weakest character, ultimately if he were to die off it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world(it seems inevitable now anyways).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't have anything against the character Pierce, and I obviously don't think the show is lost without Harmon, but I would definitely take Harmon before Chase. Pierce is the weakest character, ultimately if he were to die off it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world(it seems inevitable now anyways).
I was more upset about Starburns dying than the thought of Pierce dying
Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even mind if they just recast Pierce like on Abed TV and just never mentioned it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I wouldn't even mind if they just recast Pierce like on Abed TV and just never mentioned it.
Fred Willard ftw
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Shirley is worse than Pierce in my book.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shirley is the groups moral compass of sorts, sure she is annoying and basically never funny but she is a necessary evil.

I actually love Pierce as a character but that is because all I see when I look at him is my housemate in 30 odd years time because like Pierce he is racist and sexist and seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that he is...

I don't think the show has fundamentally changed other than it hasn't been anywhere near as funny, if that continues then it will be a major issue. Weeds and Californication were two shows that both stopped being funny and went too dramatic after their first couple of seasons and never got close to that same level again, hopefully Community wont go down that path.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote