Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just saw Warmack run an unofficial 5.55. Ouch.

Cooper is starting to gain my favor. Wow.
who cares if he runs 5.5 40, it'll take 10 plays combined for him even runs 40 yards in a game
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I'm actually hoping someone like Tennessee takes Warmack and Lane Johnson gets bumped into the top 15 to ensure Cooper slides to us. He increased his stock tremendously by showing up to the combine at 311 and pushing 31 reps. Like I said yesterday, he is a better fit for us at RG then Warmack would be. IMO Warmack is your classic nasty straight line guard who you stuff next to your stud left tackle and run behind. That position is already taken by Livings who was decent last year and really worked well with Tyron in tandem as the season progressed. That's not saying Warmack can't play RG but I think the added athleticism Cooper would bring would benefit the unit better.
livings was pretty good based on the doug free scale of suck-dom, i think the cowboys would be better served replacing both livings and bernardeau

give me warmack and trade back up to take cooper or take warford in the second round
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
who cares if he runs 5.5 40, it'll take 10 plays combined for him even runs 40 yards in a game
All I meant was that was bad for him, but great for us. It's looking more and more likely that he will be there at 18.

As for Cooper, I had him below Fluker going into the combine, but the difference was so significant that Cooper proved how much of a stud he is compared to his peers. It was always apparent on film, but to see him on the same field and graded the same way as his peers... damn the guy is the Tyron Smith of this draft for sure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
livings was pretty good based on the doug free scale of suck-dom, i think the cowboys would be better served replacing both livings and bernardeau

give me warmack and trade back up to take cooper or take warford in the second round
Oh come on... getting Warmack AND Cooper is a silly wish.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He doesn't appear to have the ability to execute pulls or traps so I don't know how he can be projected to guard.
traps blocks are very short distance (one man over), and pulls aren't much farther.

if you don't think he has the the movement skills to pull or trap, do you think he has the ability to pass protect on an island against a speed rusher on 3rd and long?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Oh come on... getting Warmack AND Cooper is a silly wish.
i know i was actually gonna put that in my offseason mock, warmack at 18 and cooper falling to 24 before swoop in a get the 2 best interior lineman in the draft, but thought better of it......but can't we dream
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finessence View Post
FALSE. Chris Naeole was drafted 10th overall in 1997 by New Orleans and, he was a true guard prospect. 6'3" 320+ when he came out...never made the pro bowl. And, for the record TO HELL with combine results, tee shirt/gym short workouts. Show me game tape!!! I would even take Fluker if we traded down, although, I doubt anyone really moves up this year. Fluker started 3 years, in the SEC, at Alabama. Practiced against current NFL stars, played against top prospects in this draft, and is coachable. Plug him in for the next 10-12 years. There are no WOW players in this draft. If there were, we wouldn't be talking about guards going #1 overall. Take advantage of this weak draft, buy drafting smart, not by reaching. Millner #2 overall? LAUGHABLE. Vaccaro top 5-10? LAUGHABLE. I can't wait for this draft to conclude. If we eventually draft Fluker, albeit 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, whatever, I won't watch the remainder of the draft because it is just that weak. Reminds me of the 2000 NBA draft when Kenyon Martin went #1, and Stromile Smith #4.

NFLN has it wrong then, that's where I got my info from when they were discussing Pioli having Warmack go #4 overall and Tannenbaum had him going #6. Said it was 30 years.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Romo's ability to improvise makes me feel more comfortable about having him behind a lesser line" -- Jerry Jones

I know people send out a lot of false information around the draft, but I believe this is really how Jerry thinks. Especially after the investments made in Livings and Bernadeu.

Most on here want interior line at 18. I think it's time to move on from that idea.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
"Romo's ability to improvise makes me feel more comfortable about having him behind a lesser line" -- Jerry Jones

I know people send out a lot of false information around the draft, but I believe this is really how Jerry thinks. Especially after the investments made in Livings and Bernadeu.

Most on here want interior line at 18. I think it's time to move on from that idea.
if jerry really said that, then if i was romo i would demand a trade to team who doesn't treat their franchise qb like a human pinata
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
traps blocks are very short distance (one man over), and pulls aren't much farther.

if you don't think he has the the movement skills to pull or trap, do you think he has the ability to pass protect on an island against a speed rusher on 3rd and long?
His lateral movement is so poor that I'm not sure what he'll be able to do outside of trying to maul people.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Forget pulls... Fluker probably can't even get the proper bend you need to get into stance off the snap. As tall as he is, he'll need it to gain leverage. Just forget about him at Guard. That was a novel idea that is now just a dumb thought. He'll be RT in the NFL. He should be nice in run blocking, but his pass protection against speed rushers which was already in question is no longer in question.. it's been answered... and the answer is bad. He will struggle against NFL rushers because his feet are slow, legs are stiff, and his hips are tight without ability to redirect. I mean he really was PAINFUL to watch today.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I've said this before (in my offseason mock), but I have doubts on Bernadeau being back with the team. He hit an incentive last season from the amount of playing time he got that kicked up his salary big time. He'll be the highest paid OL next season if he stays. ...and if he doesn't even have a starting spot... I don't see us paying him. If we draft a Guard in Round 1, then that's a significant sign that the team acknowedges that as a real weakness. If it's a weakness, then Bernadeau's real value to the team must suck.

If they start him at Center, then that's the only way I see him staying around, but I think they like Costa better. ****'n sucks. Just gimme Barrett Jones. I love that guy.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
if jerry really said that, then if i was romo i would demand a trade to team who doesn't treat their franchise qb like a human pinata
Oh he definitely said it. Invited Texas media members on the bus today for an interview. They were all laughing about it on twitter. The crazy mind of Jerry jones, ladies & gentlemen...

Said with Tony's abilities its better to invest in skill position players

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 02-24-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I've said this before (in my offseason mock), but I have doubts on Bernadeau being back with the team. He hit an incentive last season from the amount of playing time he got that kicked up his salary big time. He'll be the highest paid OL next season if he stays. ...and if he doesn't even have a starting spot... I don't see us paying him. If we draft a Guard in Round 1, then that's a significant sign that the team acknowedges that as a real weakness. If it's a weakness, then Bernadeau's real value to the team must suck.

If they start him at Center, then that's the only way I see him staying around, but I think they like Costa better. ****'n sucks. Just gimme Barrett Jones. I love that guy.

I fully agree. But we've seen pride win out over logic before. Keep Bernadeau definitely wouldn't be the first time we've seen Jerry cling to his FA acquisitions hoping for a miracle.

Roy Williams is a fond memory of a perfect example, even though he was a trade. Ken Hamlin was another. You always get the benefit of Jerry's doubt in Dallas
Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

As much as people like Fluker, he had his fair share of problems against Jarvis Jones.

Something that did stick out to me was how impressive Michael Williams was blocking for Alabama in the same game. Handled Jones, among others, a number of times. Would love to have this guy as the #3 TE

Unless there is some unknown guy I haven't seen, Michael Williams is the best blocking TE in this draft. Dude shows up in every game. Guys stick to him once he's on them

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 02-24-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Also from Jerry interview today:

Austin and Ratliff will both be back next year. May restructure contracts, but both will be back.

Jerry has a number in mind that he's willing to pay Spencer and he already knows he'll be easily outbid. Didnt rule Spencer out but essentially said good bye.

And finally, he's run out of patience with losing "and Jason understands that" -- basically win in playoffs or go home, ginger.

This was in addition to him saying with Romo they can be successful with a "lesser OL" and focus on adding to skill positions.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would think that if Jerry said this it would be all over the internet. I can't find it anywhere.

I am not doubting that he said it. Heck, it sounds like something he would say. But has this been reported anywhere so that I can confirm it was said?

If all of the media were laughing about it, I would think it would be somewhere.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Also from Jerry interview today:

Austin and Ratliff will both be back next year. May restructure contracts, but both will be back.

Jerry has a number in mind that he's willing to pay Spencer and he already knows he'll be easily outbid. Didnt rule Spencer out but essentially said good bye.

And finally, he's run out of patience with losing "and Jason understands that" -- basically win in playoffs or go home, ginger.

This was in addition to him saying with Romo they can be successful with a "lesser OL" and focus on adding to skill positions.
Garrett's neck is DEFINITELY on the line. I've been hammering this point around, but I should say it again... I think that this draft will be OFFENSIVE HEAVY! Garrett is gonna try to get all the horses he needs to get this offense playing in dominant fashion. Even if it means giving up future picks. Future picks will be meaningless to Jason if he's fired. So don't count anything out!

I hear DT, DE, S... yeah, whatever... Garrett is going OFFENSE and Kiffin was brought on board with expectations to fix the D with the players that are already here. He's expected to do what Rob couldn't do using the same roster.

If Garrett is overridden in the war room and forced to take a DE (ie. to replace Spencer)... then he very well might demand that we give up our future 1st to get someone he does want.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I would think that if Jerry said this it would be all over the internet. I can't find it anywhere.

I am not doubting that he said it. Heck, it sounds like something he would say. But has this been reported anywhere so that I can confirm it was said?

If all of the media were laughing about it, I would think it would be somewhere.
I'll post a link for you...

Mentioned in this story at NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-elegant-lady

Also mentioned on twitter by Matt Mosley & Ed Werder https://twitter.com/mattmosley/statu...63805524180992

I suggest everyone take a look at Werders twitter feed as well. Says Jerry spearheaded the Kiffin hire, Jerry still likes Costa, etc... Basically made it sound like Jerry completely undermined Jason in the DC decision but let Garett hire the position coaches.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 02-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forget pulls... Fluker probably can't even get the proper bend you need to get into stance off the snap. As tall as he is, he'll need it to gain leverage. Just forget about him at Guard. That was a novel idea that is now just a dumb thought. He'll be RT in the NFL. He should be nice in run blocking, but his pass protection against speed rushers which was already in question is no longer in question.. it's been answered... and the answer is bad. He will struggle against NFL rushers because his feet are slow, legs are stiff, and his hips are tight without ability to redirect. I mean he really was PAINFUL to watch today.
He did look really stiff, more so than I was expecting. I'm trying to remind myself that he was never gonna look good in workouts but idk... I'm kinda souring on him in the 1st. I still like him because of the demeanor he plays with and what he brings in the run game so I'm not totally scratching him off.

On another note, I know you're a Barkley fan too... Kinda funny to see he had the best measurables out of Geno, Wilson and Nassib after all the questions about his size. The arm strength knock on him is a little misleading too. He doesn't have a Cutler or Rodgers arm but its every bit as strong as Romo or Ryan. Having a huge hand should help debunk some of those worries.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knile Davis ran a 4.3 forty, really didn't look like the same player he was early in his career but this shows he still elite has athleticism.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Knile Davis ran a 4.3 forty, really didn't look like the same player he was early in his career but this shows he still elite has athleticism.
Some freakish triangle numbers for sure.

In other news Datone Jones checked in at 6'4 284 and SOLID. I've thought of him as a pure LE candidate but he may be one of those guys who can slide inside on occasion like Justin Tuck. Just something to think about if Spencer walks.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-24-2013 at 06:55 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR

Not that he helps the line, but we r sitting there at 18 and the Austin kid is there......man.....could u imagine........my god!

What do u think?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Not that he helps the line, but we r sitting there at 18 and the Austin kid is there......man.....could u imagine........my god!

What do u think?
No way. I'm tired of getting the flashy skill position players and neglecting the trenches. That's proven to be a bad recipe in the NFL and typically doesn't end up working out. We've got a chance to draft some very highly touted interior offensive line prospects to upgrade a weakness and I don't see any reason to not go that route.

That has nothing against his talent at all, but even if you gave us Percy Harvin, doesn't change that Murray still has nowhere to run and we don't have time to do 5 or 7 step drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post

What do u think?
If and only if we've addressed G and DT in FA.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote