Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Let's not make the discussion about him, but Michael Johnson has improved every year in the league and has actually enjoyed a 12 sack season last year. He is a great example of a raw athlete at the position who could be more successful in the pros.
And thats great, but I more so meant the fact at 1 point he was considered the #1 pick that year and easily a top 10. But he ended up going in the 2nd round where he should have. It took him a few seasons but he seems to be developing well, just players like him always have that hype just not a 1st rounder IMO. A 1st rounder to me is a player that should be put in right away and be able to make an impact, not take 2-3 years to improve to get to that level.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reporting Falcons will cut Michael Turner. This is a good timing for the team as Rodgers is now entering his 3rd season in the league. We know for sure we have a young back who knows the offense and can play at any down. I'm excited to draft a new RB, and you know TD is going to make it a top priority, 1st round is huge possibility as there as some options.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN reporting Falcons will cut Michael Turner. This is a good timing for the team as Rodgers is now entering his 3rd season in the league. We know for sure we have a young back who knows the offense and can play at any down. I'm excited to draft a new RB, and you know TD is going to make it a top priority, 1st round is huge possibility as there as some options.
It's doubtful ATL goes RB in the first with the pass rushers. honestly, I think we go Tank Carradine in the first. that's the name that stands out in my discussion with scouts.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
It's doubtful ATL goes RB in the first with the pass rushers. honestly, I think we go Tank Carradine in the first. that's the name that stands out in my discussion with scouts.
Was great before the injury, but is it a risk we are willing to take? We never have under TD.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not want him

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we can all agree that improving pass rush should be the biggest concern, but you have to consider drafting RB as well. Remember Doug Martin went 31st overall last year, and he had a hell of a rookie season. I'm not saying there is a Doug Martin in this draft, but selecting a RB at the spot Falcons are at can pay off.

Now a little on Tank... I wouldn't mind him at all as I really like his intensity. I would hope to see a few more pass rush moves though, and he seems a little slow of the snap to me. That's the only thing, but for the most part I believe he has what we're looking for at the position.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we can all agree that improving pass rush should be the biggest concern, but you have to consider drafting RB as well. Remember Doug Martin went 31st overall last year, and he had a hell of a rookie season. I'm not saying there is a Doug Martin in this draft, but selecting a RB at the spot Falcons are at can pay off.

Now a little on Tank... I wouldn't mind him at all as I really like his intensity. I would hope to see a few more pass rush moves though, and he seems a little slow of the snap to me. That's the only thing, but for the most part I believe he has what we're looking for at the position.
nothing against a RB in the first. except that none of hte backs in this draft are worth it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cool story bro
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
nothing against a RB in the first. except that none of hte backs in this draft are worth it.
its a 3 pick difference between 1st and 2nd to be fair. were not talking top 20 pick here
Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
its a 3 pick difference between 1st and 2nd to be fair. were not talking top 20 pick here
to be fair, I wouldn't take one til the mid-2nd.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Just watching the combine and one guy that's catching my eye is Joseph Randle, RB from OSU. Former Jacquizz Rodgers teammate. He has great size and speed, and just like rodgers he was very productive at college. He can catch too, would be a nice compliment with Rodgers, keep an eye on him. Possible 2nd round pick, or maybe 3rd if he falls.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Reports are coming out that the Falcons are pursing Shonn Greene. Not sure what to make out of that, but it would be one less need to worry about if we do sign him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randall is Oklahoma State. Rogers is Oregon State.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Randall is Oklahoma State. Rogers is Oregon State.
Good call, for a second I thought quizz was from oklahoma.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

do not want greene at all. Or Randall.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

RBs id like to have.

Lacy, Gillislee, Ball, Taylor, Lattimore(late)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Reports are coming out that the Falcons are pursing Shonn Greene. Not sure what to make out of that, but it would be one less need to worry about if we do sign him.
I've talked to both Greene's rep and members of the team and both have said that it's false.

what makes these reports even stupider is that it's all speculation by Rich Cimini of ESPN NY and people are taking it as him sourcing someone.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

What about steven jackson? I like him better as he at least adds an element to the offense. Also allows us to go all D/ OL, and tony would probably like the move.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there are bigger needs, but I really like the idea of Tavon Austin in a Falcons uni. He could contribute as a pass catcher, returner and even take a few carries at RB. mmmmm...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I know there are bigger needs, but I really like the idea of Tavon Austin in a Falcons uni. He could contribute as a pass catcher, returner and even take a few carries at RB. mmmmm...
He is a luxory pick but if he is the best player on the board then I say go for it bc I think he would bring something new to the offense. Douglas is nothing special at the slot and there isnt any depth if one of the big guys get hurt.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about steven jackson? I like him better as he at least adds an element to the offense. Also allows us to go all D/ OL, and tony would probably like the move.
I would love a Steven Jackson acquisition. He's a great pass catcher too.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I agree, it is def. a luxory pick, and yes I would love to have a guy like that but there will be a player on the board at 30 that will fill a need for sure. Also, no way Tavon would make it past the Pats, and if he makes it that far I would be really surprised.

I wouldnt mind Steven Jackson as long as the money is ok. He is obviously past his prime and I think could give us a good season or 2 and save us an early draft pick.

On a different note Im compiling a list of players I feel would make a great fit for our team and what round I see them going. If you guys have a few certain players you think would make an impact please list em as id like to do some more research on a few.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Making my list of prospects here so I dont forget and can add to it.

DE: Okafor(1-2)- I really need to see him run, was Texas' best player and had good production in college, I like his size as well.

D.Taylor(3)- Had a solid career at SCAR, and obviously benefited from two great DE playing alongside him (Clowney, Ingram) so he was rarely ever double teamed. Hes got good speed and is athletic, real big guy and has a knack for batting balls, I dont see him as a brute force type guy but can see him being helpuful, a 6-8 sack guy.

RB: Lacy(1-2)- Weve all discussed Lacy and reasons why I like him. Big, agile, smooth. Need to see him run at his pro day to determine if hes a 1st round lock.

Ball(2)- Great college career, great size and would fit into our offense very well

Gillislee(3)- Great value here, great senior season and has low mileage. Had a good Senior Bowl Week. Ran decent at 4.55 but I think he plays faster than that, runs hard as well.

CB: Trufant(1)- Blew up the combine,easily could be a top 20 pick, love his athleticism and he plays hard, will jam receivers and is a great all around CB.

Rhodes(1-2)-Need to do more research on him.

Banks(2)- Has fallen off a bit since the end of his season where he was named best DB in the nation and at 1 time the #1 CB. He ran slow and alot view him now as a safety. I like this only if he was there in the 2nd but I see him as a 35-45 range player.

Slay(2-3)- Some say he was better than his teammate Banks. He certainly had a much higher combine and I think he will be a great pro.

Alford(4)- Small school guy, played a great game in the senior bowl. He could go as early as the 3rd round as he offers return ability as well. Only question is how he will translate to the higher competition.

TE: Eifert(1)- Easily separated himself as the #1 guy and locked up as a first rounder. Obviously this is only a need if Tony G retires, and while he is a great player,if another player of need is on the board I think we still go that route as I feel even if Tony leaves, this is a luxury pick in round 1. Has a huge frame, and a bigtime redzone target, blocks well and will be a bigtime mismatch against anyone.

Ertz(1-2)-Possibly could sneak into round 1. Had a good combine and a solid season for Stanford. Plays hard and is a good all around TE. Would be nice in the 2nd but he wont go lower than the top 50.

Reed(3-4)- Aaron Hernandez type player, not as fast or agile but a poor mans Hernandez. More of a receiving TE as he could bulk up if people want to use him to block.

OLB: K.Greene(2)- Refer to Scotty's write up for this guy.(ill get the link later)

Via Scotty- LB Khaseem Greene: I'm just going to come out and say it: Greene might be my favorite Rutgers prospect ever. Yeah. There. I said it. The former safety who transitioned to LB his junior year, only to be Co-Big east player of the year. He absolutely dominated the position his first year. Suffered a freak broken ankle in our bowl game (not injury prone, don't even try it here.) so really has only had one offseason as a linebacker, and has absolutely killed it there. Has the coverage skills of a safety to cover TE's and RB's out of the back field. Hits like a god damn monster. His FF numbers are ridiculous. He sniffs out the ball extremely well and is in on almost every single play. The downside is his size, but he's bulking up. His instincts and hitting ability are phenomenal. Has the speed and sideline to sideline range that you love in a linebacker. His measureables will hurt him a bit and I don't think being a MLB would suit him the best. He's going to be a super star WILL. Outstanding character and worker. He'll make some team extremely happy when they pick him and put him on the outside. He's working on shedding blocks better, but like I said, that'll come with more time at the position. He's a borderline 1st rounder (and a top 32 guy IMO, but I see the questions regarding his size and versatility). He'll most likely make a team VERY happy in the 2nd and be a huge steal.

J. Collins(2-3)-Great combine and seems like a Nolan fit type guy, Id like to know more about this guy.

C. Washington(3-4)-Possibly the best combine out of any position but questions are why didnt he translate it to the field.

OL: K. Long(2)- I think he could be the steal of the draft. NFL bloodlines, hard worker and a great motor.

DL: B. Logan(3)- Another great DL prospect from LSU. Was voted to wear #18 which signifies hard worker and a team leader for that program. Has great strength and is also quick and I think would make a great penetrator for us.

S. Williams (2)- Had a wonderful senior season for the Tar Heels. Has been climbing up boards and backed that up with an impressive combine.

Please feel free to add anything to these players why you like them or dont think they make the right fit.

Last edited by dunagan15 : 02-28-2013 at 10:59 AM.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I wonder where DeMontre Moore and Montgomery land after poor combine showings.

Mongomery it seems will be a third round pick at best at this point. Maybe I'm exagerating. Moore, I'm not sure.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wonder where DeMontre Moore and Montgomery land after poor combine showings.

Mongomery it seems will be a third round pick at best at this point. Maybe I'm exagerating. Moore, I'm not sure.
Montgomery shouldnt be touched till the 3rd. Just proves again he is lazy and couldnt even commit to the one thing that could change his future. As far as Moore goes, Ill wait to hold judement till his pro day. 12 reps regardless is just sad, I mean Tavon Austin had 14...if he was hurt then ok, he had an impressive season but he needs to have a much better pro day to stay in the first round IMO.