Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Knile Davis ran a 4.3 forty, really didn't look like the same player he was early in his career but this shows he still elite has athleticism.
I think he played himself out of our range with that performance. I'm looking for guys in the 3-6 round range and he looks like he'll come off the board before our 2nd round pick at this point. I just hope we aren't drafting a "complement" back, we need a guy like him that if Murray gets hurt he can come in and do everything well. Not just run routes and not just be a battering ram.

He's got a skill set that usually translates pretty well. I was actually happy Ray Graham ran so slow because I think we can get him in the 6th round pick and I think he would be highly productive in our system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will get Robert Woods in rd 2 and they will be really, really happy
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Someone will get Robert Woods in rd 2 and they will be really, really happy
I was watching him catch balls today and was thinking he's going to be a highly productive WR in the NFL. He's very fluid and played at a high level in college.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think he played himself out of our range with that performance. I'm looking for guys in the 3-6 round range and he looks like he'll come off the board before our 2nd round pick at this point. I just hope we aren't drafting a "complement" back, we need a guy like him that if Murray gets hurt he can come in and do everything well. Not just run routes and not just be a battering ram.

He's got a skill set that usually translates pretty well. I was actually happy Ray Graham ran so slow because I think we can get him in the 6th round pick and I think he would be highly productive in our system.
Agreed on both counts. Garrett already said he was looking for more of a "jitterbug" rather than a power back. I love Graham but I have a feeling we'll be aiming more-so for the Kenjon Barner/Mike Gillislee or my personal favorite Kerwynn Williams.

I honestly feel that we should avoid the home-run type RBs as I like what we have in Dunbar while aiming at all-around backs that would allow us to spell Murray or have a reliable backup if he's injured.

In any case I love the mid-to-late round depth at RB and would be happy waiting to draft one until the 4th or later. Key exception being Marcus Lattimore. If he slips into say the 3rd or 4th round I can't imagine us having a higher rated player on our board.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
arub4
Rookie

arub4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
In any case I love the mid-to-late round depth at RB and would be happy waiting to draft one until the 4th or later. Key exception being Marcus Lattimore. If he slips into say the 3rd or 4th round I can't imagine us having a higher rated player on our board.

If Lattimore is on the clock for us in the third round i would be really upset if we didnt draft him. Having Murray would allow Lattimore to have extra time to rehab and not rush back too soon. We would have the best 1-2 punch!
arub4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I was watching him catch balls today and was thinking he's going to be a highly productive WR in the NFL. He's very fluid and played at a high level in college.
I watch every USC game. My fave college team. Have always thought Robert Woods can be a plus version of Steve Smith (giants) before his leg injury.

May not be a dominant #1, but will be a top end #2 that is really smart. Great hands. Always finds soft spot in zones. Always works to help his QB on broken plays. Good routes.

Not big, fast but not a "burner", but he does everything he's supposed to do. Can play outside and in the slot.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arub4 View Post
If Lattimore is on the clock for us in the third round i would be really upset if we didnt draft him. Having Murray would allow Lattimore to have extra time to rehab and not rush back too soon. We would have the best 1-2 punch!
I really like Lattimore and am probably a bit biased when watching him post injury, giving him more credit than I should. But the 3rd is too early for me.

He'd have to basically show he's 100% at his pro day and I really doubt that's going to happen because he just resumed running this week.

I think with his injuries he's a 4th/5th round value prospect that someone can get lucky on.

3rd is a bit risky for a guy with such high injury potential and a fully reconstructed knee. Still plenty of quality, non-injured players in 3rd
Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're talking about RB, then Jawan Jamison needs to be mentioned.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If we're talking about RB, then Jawan Jamison needs to be mentioned.
Rutgers is my favorite team, I pretty much go to every game I can and he definitely is someone you have to see in person to appreciate. His forty time doesn't really reflect how quick he is and while he will never be a burner I think he will shave down that number at the RU proday. He is patient and has vision to find the hole before shifting gears to really attack the LOS. Jamison has a low center of gravity that displays enough power to grind between the tackles but also has some wiggle in space to make guys miss at the second level. He is an underrated pass catcher underneath and has some experience splitting out in certain formations. He should be ripe for the picking in the forth round :)
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Williams is built like a house.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Brandon Williams is built like a house.
Yeah he is beastly. His upper body strength is incredible. If we were still in the 3-4 I would be a lot higher on him.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's really impressive for a dude that size.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yeah he is beastly. His upper body strength is incredible. If we were still in the 3-4 I would be a lot higher on him.

I agree. Would be more coveted if we stuck with the 3-4 but there's still value in a space eating 1-tech for us. We're old along the interior, could use some youth at either spot.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I'm ready to see these LBs run. Have a few I'd like to nab from Rounds 2-4.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm ready to see these LBs run. Have a few I'd like to nab from Rounds 2-4.
We are just looking for a SLB right? It's usually easy to find those guys in the middle of the draft, though I'm not sure who the in house candidate is but I think we can find a starter somewhere in the mid rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think any of this heart stuff on Lotulelei could push him down to 18?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You guys think any of this heart stuff on Lotulelei could push him down to 18?
I was going to mention that, I'd put him on the list with Jarvis that I would keep my eye on.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

It's also looking like D. Moore will be there at 18. Thoughts?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
That's a tough on for me, I dont think he has the bulk to play base end and may not be a natural fit as a 4-3 linebacker. At this point he would be a situational pass rusher on third downs. A possibility if you think the injury bug is catching up with Ware I guess.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
That's a tough on for me, I dont think he has the bulk to play base end and may not be a natural fit as a 4-3 linebacker. At this point he would be a situational pass rusher on third downs. A possibility if you think the injury bug is catching up with Ware I guess.
I tend to agree with you. YOu can't ever have enough guys that can rush the passer, but he strikes me as a guy that just wouldn't be ready to go in year one due to not being ready physically.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We are just looking for a SLB right? It's usually easy to find those guys in the middle of the draft, though I'm not sure who the in house candidate is but I think we can find a starter somewhere in the mid rounds.
I think with Lee and Carter being as versatile as they are we have options. We could take the best one available regardless of whether they're a S,M or W.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Unless you are drafting him to be heir apparent for Ware definitely pass. He doesn't have the bulk or strength to play strong-side end and he isn't a 4-3 LB.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
I think with Lee and Carter being as versatile as they are we have options. We could take the best one available regardless of whether they're a S,M or W.
That is true but unless someone falls that is a elite as a mike or will I'm sure we will stick with finding a strong side linebacker. I'm keeping my eyes on Reddick from UNC, he isn't always the most fluid guy in space but he has really good instincts, take on skills and is an under rated pass rusher.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I've always thought m ford out of lsu has got a little something.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Albright should be fine at SLB. Chicago has gotten by just fine for years plugging in whoever next to Urlacher & Briggs.